Chapter 10

Loving My Stranger Husband

"So where do we start?"you asked Sunggyu. Both of you have changed into some old clothes and were standing in the middle of the big empty baby blue room, staring at the walls,"This takes up a lot of time and there's a lot of work to do,"you said quietly. 

 

Sunggyu turned to you,"It's alright, we can do it! Hwaiting!"he sounded cheerful suddenly but then his expression was different. 

 

You picked up the brush roller snd rolled your eyes off him,"Yeah right.."then you picked up the heavy bucket of purple paint and pour it into the tray, Sunggyu helped halfway when you were struggling.

 

"Which side do you want to start?"Sunggyu asked while you dipped the brush roller into the paint,"I'm thinking of starting on the wall at the balcony door area. You?"

 

You stood up straight and looked around,"I think we should split up the work. I'll paint at the wardrobe door area,"you proceeded to the wall and smack the brush roller straight onto the wall and start rolling paint on it. Before you came back, Rina had considerately spread newspapers all over the marble floor so that plaint won't stain it if any of you two made a mess.

 

Sunggyu too started on his side of the wall and both of painted the respective walls quietly, minding each other's business. You were the type to get everything done in a flash and you didn't care if you even create a huge mess. So you were just randomly painting here  and there and moving up and down, left and right. The paints from the brush dripped each time you dipped the brush into the tray to get more paint. Tired of painting the lower half of the wall, you started on the upper part. While you were boringly painting the wall suddenly drips of purple paints dropped on your face.

"Gaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!"you screamed your lungs out when more started dripping on your face.

 

"Ohh! Ohh! What happened?"Sunggyu rushed to you. You slowly faced down and then at him as you wioed the purple paint off your face, the moment Sunggyu set eyes on you, a little smile came upon his face,"What happened?"he asked again.

 

Annoyedly, you pointed to your face,"This happened,"withiut noticing, your were still holding the roller against the wall and more dripped on your hair,"Aarrrrgggghhhhh! I'm not doing this anymore! I hate getting dirty!"you whined as you threw the roller on the floor. 

 

Rina must have heard your scream because she came rushing up,"Ma'am is there anything wrong?"she immediately asked but when she looked at you, a little giggle escaped from her,"How did that happened, ma'am?"

 

Sunggyu looked at her and smiked also, he was trying so gard to control his laughter,"I'll continue for you later, go and wash up,"he made you turn around and walk you out of the room.

 

"My hair is all stuck together,"you complained while fiddling with you hair,"Ouch!"you winced.

 

Sunggyu paused and turned you around so he was facing your hair,"Let me untangle for you first,"he said and then started fiddling with you hair,"this is bad,"he sighed as he combed his fingers through your hair.

 

"YAHHH!! yaaah!! It's painful! Stop that,"you screamed as he tried to tear your glued together strands of hair apart. But he was so determine to pull them apart that he didn't listen to your protest and continued pulling your hair,"pain..."you cried as tears welled up at the side of your eyes,"Sunggyu it's painful!"until you reached out for his hands behind you and oull them gently away.

 

Sunggyu looked at you,"Did i pulled so hard? I'm so sorry,"he apologised while looking at you,"I'm going to get oil to clean you hair,"he told you,"wait here."

 

You stood at the doorway and stared after his back while you fiddled with your own hair. You walked out and found the big mirror that was placed on the wall along the room corridor. Pulling that part of your hair around to see how much of paint did you get it on. A loud sigh escaped your lips as you tried scratch away the purple paint.

 

"I'm back,"he called while carrying a small bowl. Sunggyu went behind you and dipped his hand in the bowl and the combed his fingers through your hair.

 

"Does that actually work?"you asked moodily.

 

"Well.. When i was young i used to play around when the painters paint the wall and halmeoni always does this when i got paint on my hair. So i think it does,"he explained.

 

"Ohhhh.. Alright then,"you answered back shortly. 

 

While Sunggyu was busy doing your hair, you watched through the mirror. His eyebrows came down together each time he faces some difficulty while doing your hair. And a smile would pop out on his face when he successfully cleaned off the paint from your hair. Finally after 20 minutes has passed, Sunggyu pulled away,"It's donr. You can ho and wash your hair,"he smiled at you,running his finges down your hair once.

 

Through the mirror you smiled slightly at him,"Thanks,"and then you moved away,"I'll go and wash my hair first and then i'll come back and help you,"and then you rushed to the toilet in your room, taking the towel from the wardrobe room on the way.