Chapter 33

Loving My Stranger Husband

 

The party was held at a luxury fiv star hotel, so you had to wear something really formal. A black long dress where half of your back was revealed and matched it with a pair of sleek tall heels, which Sunggyu had once again chosen for you. 
 

"Welcome! Welcome!! Mr and Mrs Kim!!"you and Sunggyu were greeted honouredly by Mrs Lee, a middle aged lady whom Mrs Kim was referring to last night. 

 
She held Sunggyu's arms and then kissed the air beside his cheeks and then turning to you, she did the samething. 
 
"You're looking extremely fantastic, Mrs Lee!"Sunggyu complimented her excitedly. 
 
Mrs Lee laughed shyly and smacked him on the arms,"Thank you, handsome boy,"as she pinched his cheeks,"go and help yourself at the party,"she said to both of you. 
 
Sunggyu pulled you in and you came face to face with Mrs Kim,"Finally both of you came!"and then she leaned in whisper,"what is your step family doing here?"
 
Both of you looked at one of the tables and spotted them sitted alone and looking around. Sunggyu looked at Mrs Kim and then at you,"I'll be back in a moment." 
 
As Sunggyu walked to them, Mrs Kim pulled you gently with,"Come along, dear, let him settle his problems with them." 
 
Halfway walking with Mrs Kim, her friends already started attacking her as all of them started chattering away old women's talk. You got bored halfway and snuck away to get something to drink. 
 
As you walk to the refreshment corner, you bumped into Hyosung,"Hi Yeon Woo!"she hugged you excitedly,"you came!" 
 
Dumbfounded at first but you managed to hide it as you beamed,"You're too." 
 
She nodded,"Of course, Mrs Lee is my aunt. Oh! I would like you to meet someone,"she instantly took your hand and pulled you aroundthe crowd until you both reach a guy. 
 
He turned around and you gasped,"Kim Himchan,"you said quietly. 
 
Himchan looked down at you and smiled,"She's the one?"he asked Hyosung. 
 
"Yup, Sunggyu's beautiful wife. And Yeon Woo, meet my bestfriend, Kim Himchan,"she introduced both of you. 
 
While Himchan smiled down at you, you stared blankly at his face, not even a smile was plastered on your face. 
 
"Omo.. Don't tell me, just like other girls, you are caught up by his looks?"Hyosung waved infront of you making you snapped away from his face. 
 
Himchan laughed as he covered his mouth,"If yes, are you jealous, Ms Jeon?"Himchan looked at her. 
 
Hyosung snapped her fingers infront of him,"Not in a million years, oh! Ms Kim!!"Hyosung suddenly waved to someone else and left you and Himchan alone together. 
 
It was awkwaed at first until Himchan broke the silence,"How did you like my gift, Yeon Woo?" 
 
You didn't know how to respond as you looked around the crowd, preteding you didn't hear anything. 
 
Himchan chuckled and took a tissue paper as he wrote something on it,"Find me in this room when you're ready to talk,"as he slipped the tissue paper in your hand then he walked away. 
 
When his back was faced to you, then you looked towards him. The tissue paper in your hand, you slowly opened it : Room 503, level 15.
 
"Yeon Woo, dear!!"Mrs Kim called you from afar. You turned and looked at her,"come here, dear,"she smiled. 
 
You went up to her and let her introduced you to more of her friends. Throughout the whole thing, your eyes wouldn't stop searching around in the crowd for Himchan but he was nowhere to be found. When you looked for Sunggyu, he was seated at his step family's table, beside his step mother's side. 
 
He was looking all miserable while the old woman just pretended like he was talking to air, ignoring him. 
 
Just when you thought you lose Mrs Kim, you used the opportunity to go and find Himchan. You left the party room and went to the lift lobby. As you took the lift, your heart ws racing and bits of perspire starts to breakout as soon as the lift door opened. 
 
Your heels clicked each time you walked and when you reached the third door on the right, you held up the tissue and check if the room was the right room. You balled your fist and lift them up to knock and before you could touch the door with your fist, the door opened, revealing Himchan. 
 
"Yeon Woo?"he smiled and immediately pulled you in his embrace and closed the door,"you came,"he inhaled your scent. 
 
Then he pulled you to the sofa and set you down as he kneeled infront of you,"Why are you kneeling on the ground?"you asked him nervously. 
 
Himchan looked up at you,"This is my place, remember?"he smiled slightly. 
 
You stared at him blankly,"How are you?"you changed the subject. 
 
Himchan's face changed,"Like how i used to be each time i'm with you, better than any other time,"as he came and leaned his face closer to you. His lips was about to touch yours when you turned your face away and stood up with your back facing him. 
 
"Himchan, don't,"you said quietly. 
 
He came and grabbed your wrisy and turned you around slowly,"Why? What's wrong Yeon Woo? Do you hate me already?"he asked worriedly. 
 
You squeeze your eyes shut,"It's not that Himchan.." 
 
He smiled and tightened the grip around your wrist,"Yeon Woo, i know you would wait for me." 
 
"No, Himchan,"you said softly yet firmly as you pulled your hands way,"things are different now, Himchan."
 
"Different?"he said,"Yeon Woo, i promised you i would come back and take you with me. When you left me, i didn't even have 5 dollars to me but now, i have 10 billion. And now, i'm here to take you back with me."
 
You avoid his gaze as he told you that,"Himchan, forget me." 
 
He stared up at you shocked,"Why? I left my friends, i left my home. So that i could be this rich someday. The pain that i face, you can't imagine. Yeon Woo, remember what we promised to each other?"he pulled your hands back into his.
 
Once again you pulled your hands away,"I have a husband.. I have responsibility. I'm happy with my life, Himchan. Please.. Forget me,"without waiting, you left him and walked out of your room. Your heart was aching after saying that, not saying how painful you'll feel if you see his hurt face. 
 
Without turning back once, you just continued walking.