Chapter 34

Loving My Stranger Husband

Two weeks after the meet with Himchan, there were tremendous changes to Sunggyu. He talked less with you, he became more restless and was always on his phone. 

 
"Would you like anything to drink?"you asked when you entered his study room. 
 
Sunggyu didn't look up from his documents,"No.. It's okay. Why aren't you asleep?" 
 
"I'm worried for you,"you walked towards his table,"Rina said you haven't been eating well and you often woke up from your sleep in the middle of the night." 
 
You remembered nearly every night, you felt your bed shooked and when you opened your eyes a little, you'll see Sunggyu leaving the room and close the door lightly behind him. 
 
At first, you thought he was just having some sleeping problems but when he starts coming back home late and leaving home really early and the less communications, it was killing you. 
 
Sunggyu sighed and looked at you,"It's nothing, i'm just having a lot of work,"he smiled at you, the smile didn't even reached his eyes. 
 
"Then why are you so restless at night? Are you sick?"you out your hand on his forehead, his temperature was just normal. 
 
Sunggyu took your hand and kissed it,"I'm fine, just go to sleep first. I'll be up in a moment,"he convinces you. 
 
"Don't sleep to late,"that was the last thing you told him before you went out. Rina passed by you while you were walking towards the stairs. 
 
"Ma'am.."she called you softly. 
 
You turned and looked at her,"What is it?" 
 
Like a thief sneaking around, she sneaked up to you,"There's something i have to tell you about Sir,"she whispered. 
 
You looked towards the study room's door and then turned and her,"Not here. Let's go to the kitchen,"you instructed her as both of you walked to the kitchen, which was far away from the study room. 
 
When both of you were alone ad away from the study room, you faced her,"This is about Sir's business, ma'am. Seon Dal oppa told me himself about it. He overheard that Sir's business is facing some financial problems." 
 
Your eyebrows furrowed,"Financial problems? How come he never tell me anything?" 
 
"Sir wanted to solve this problem on his own and he didn't want to trouble you. That is why Sir has been acting like that lately. Seon Dal oppa said that he has seen Sir arguing on the phone about a project that he has invested all his money in. And the project has been cancelled. I heard that he has taken loans against the house too." 
 
"What? Loans against the house? For the project?"you gasped,"does that mean.. We're going to lose all our fortune?" 
 
Rina shrugged her shoulders,"I cannot say anything, Ma'am. But Mrs Kim ma'am had already for left for America, that makes it worse because Sir won't look for her help." 
 
"Could there be someone who is sabotage-ing Sunggyu?"you guessed. 
 
Rina bit her lip nervously,"I don't know ma'am.. But there were mentions about Kim Himchan and Yuhan Sir. I heard that Himchan Sir bought half of Sir's company and now he has 50% of Sir's company." 
 
*Oh no.. This can't be happening..* in a flash, you ran out of the kitchen towards Sunggyu's study room but you stopped track when you heard his conversation. 
 
"I helped you once when you were in your bad days, now it's your turn.."then there was a pause,"i can't do anything. He already gave the documents to this Kim Himchan,"from the sound of Sunggyu's voice, he was getting impatient. 
 
You stayed by the door and listened further,"I already taken loans against my house for this project. Everything will be gone if i don't get to pay the money in time!" 
 
You thought for a while and then suddenly something strucks you the moment Sunggyu said,"I don't have any business with Himchan. I do not even know who is this guy." 
 
What was Himchan trying to do? What was he trying to prove? Why Sunggyu out of so many other business men?