Chapter 13

Loving My Stranger Husband

When the sun rised high up in the sky, you were already awake and washed up. So you were combing your hair when the house phone rang. 

 
"I'll get it!"you shouted and ran to the phone and picked up,"Hello?" 
 
"Yeon Woo?"a weak lady's voice asked over the line,"this is halmeoni, dear." 
 
Halmeoni? Mrs Kim? Sunggyu's grandmother.. 
 
You smiled while saying,"Ne halmeoni. It's Yeon Woo here. How are you?" 
 
A frail laugh came from her,"Good.. Where is Sunggyu?"she asked. 
 
"Do you want to talk to him?"you asked. 
 
"Ohh.. No.. I'm just checking if my grandson is at home with his wife or not. That boy is such a workaholic. Is he home?"she asked again. 
 
You bit your lip, should you lie for Sunggyu or not. According to Rina, if Mrs Kim gave out order, they were meant to be followed. 
 
"He's.."just then, your room door opened and Sunggyu appeared with a tired look on his face. 
 
You hand signalled him so that he would look at you and when he did, you mouthed,"Halmeoni.."
 
His eyes immediately opened wide as he rushed to you,"Halmeoni?" 
 
"Oh Sunggyu is there?"obviously she heard him,"what is he doing?"
 
You looked up at Sunggyu,"What he's doing.."Sunggyu started to loosen his neck tie and ing his shirt,"changing." 
 
"Changing? Where did he go?"she asked. 
 
"Where did he go?"the question trailed as you looked at Sunggyu, he pointed to the bathroom door,"he went to the bathroom." 
 
There was silence,"Bathroom? He went to the bathroom to change?" 
 
"Ermm.."you thought about another thing,"Yes.. He went to the bathroom to change. We just finished bathing,"you let out a nervous laugh. 
 
"You just finished bathing?"she shrieked out and then there was silence again,"i'm coming over soon,"suddenly she said excitedly. 
 
"You're coming over? Of course, we'll wait for you,"you smiled and looked at Sunggyu, who's mouth was left hanging open at the sound of the news. 
 
"Of course, see you later, dear,"and then she hung up the phone. 
 
You put down the phone and looked at the phone,"Halmeoni is coming over?"Sunggyu asked while frowning. 
 
You nodded,"Why?" 
 
"I've yet to sleep. If she knew i went outstation tonight, i am so dead,"he face palmed himself. 
 
You put your hand on your waist and looked at him,"How come you never told me that you were going outstation?" 
 
Sunggyu was pinching the bridge of his nose and then he turned and looked at you,"Who slapped me and then decided to lock herself up in my study room and then falls asleep there?"he asked sarcasticly and then walked to the bed and threw his briefcase on the bed. 
 
You were about to argue back when you remembered what you told yourself. You sighed,"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday,"as you apologised without looking at him. 
 
There was silence for a moment until Sunggyu said,"Let's just forget whatever happened. We're still friends?"he held his hand out to you. 
 
You stared at his awaiting hand and took it, shaking it,"Friends,"you smiled. 
 
Sunggyu grinned and then he pulled back,"Okay, i have to change. Halmeoni will be here soon. Tell Rina to get some drinks and cakes ready for halmeoni." 
 
"Alright,"you left the room to pass the message. While you were walking out, suddenly you remembered, why doesn't Mrs Kim allow Sunggyu to work. So you came back to the room, just in time to see Sunggyu's back as he took off his shirt. 
 
*Whoa..* you thought, as you watched his muscular shoulder blades. He had a y V cut back, your eyes trailed down until he started pulling down his pants, revealing a little of his boxers,*Omo!"you shut your eyes and hide behind the wall. 
 
"What is wrong with me?"you your chest, calming yourself down,"halmeoni!"suddenly you remembered, running down to the kitchen to find Rina.