Chapter 18

Loving My Stranger Husband

Everyone gathered in the living room, Mi Yun and Ga Yun stood next to Yu Han as they stared at you. Their stares felt piercing that you avoided their gaze. Sunggyu stood at the side and rested his arm on the railing of the stairs. 

 
You and Yu Han have been given a chance to explain the situation. Yu Han had made up stories, making it sound like you were the bad person. 
 
"Sunggyu, we grew up together. You believed me do you? Do you think i'm that bad, to even take away your wife? That woman have come into the study room while i was studying and had suddenly asked me to have some secret relationship with her!"Yu Han lied through his teeth. 
 
Mi Yun watched quietly with a slight smirk on her face while listening to her son lying. 
 
You came forward to Sunggyu,"No.. Sunggyu, he's lying.. I swear Sunggyu,"you begged,"i did not do anything,"you looked at Yu Han,"what are you trying to do?"you snapped at him. 
 
Yu Han looked at his mother quietly. She took that as signal that she has stepped into the scene,"Sunggyu, your brother is right. This woman have been causing trouble eversince she entered the house. First she insulted me and then now she tries to seduce your poor brother." 
 
You stared at her as your tears welled up,"Why would i seduce him? I already said he called me to the study room and start talking nonsense. Please believe me,"your voice cracked as your tears streamed down your cheek. 
 
"Why should he believe you? Sunggyu has more trust in us. You believe in us more, don't you?"Mi Yun said to him. 
 
Sunggyu lifted his head and looked at her,"Eomma.. You're lying.."he started and then he walked towards his step siblings,"all of you are lying. God knows how many days, months and years all have been lying on and on. That futile hatred that all of you have will someday turn into love but now, i cannot take it! Yeon Woo is not lying!"he stared at his step mother. 
 
"But Sunggyu-ah.."Ga Yun was about to interrupt when Sunggyu stared at her. 
 
"What? I can accept anything you say but i cannot stand it when you make up stories about my wife,"Sunggyu barked at them angrily. 
 
All of them gasped in shock, including you as you've never seen him this angry. He stood in the middle and stared at every single one of them. 
 
Mi Yun was shocked but tried to act calm as she walked around Sunggyu,"Fine.. So you believe her more than us.. It's okay, why do we live here for? We might as well leave,"she smiled while saying. 
 
Sunggyu didn't even look at her,"Up to you eomma. Whatever you say is always right." 
 
The smile on her face immediately wiped off her face,"Oh.. Fine.. Then we'll leave,"she looked at Sunggyu and then at you before turning to Yu Han and Ga Yun,"Let's go. We will leave this place."
 
You and Sunggyu watched them turned their backs and walked back to their room, Sunggyu turned around and avoided your eyes. 
 
"Sunggyu.."you called but he dashed up the stairs without turning back. 
 
You stared after him quietly as his words rang in your head. Sunggyu had backed you up when you had no one else to prove you innocent. He had done one big thing for you and there was nothing that you could do to repay him back. 
 
Mindlessly, you made your way up to your room. At the front of your room, you peeped Sunggyu sitting at foot of the back with his face buried in his hands. 
 
"Listen.."you stuttered as you walked close to him and stood next to him. 
 
Sunggyu lifted his face and looked at you that made you shut up,"Tell me what wrong did i do? Was it wrong to  take the side of the woman i love? Was it wrong to back my wife's innocence up?"he asked, pain reflected on his face. 
 
Staring quietly at hin face as he stared back at you. You were at loss of words, not knowing what to say. 
 
"The first time i set eyes on you, i promised i will love you right and shower you with all my love. I wanted to make you happy and protect you from all evil,"he told you without standing up,"but everything turned out like this. You got insulted by my stepmother and being treated disrespectfully by my stepbrother. I should be severely punished for not being able to carry out my responsibilities as a husband." 
 
Hearing what he said, made you feel bad as you dropped down on your knees infront of him,"It was never your fault to start with. Even when i always said it was your fault, it wasn't. Please don't think that way,"you took his hands into yours. 
 
Sunggyu stared down at both of your hands and then at you,"All i did was to love you. Was it wrong?"
 
"No.. It's not. It's just me, maybe i'm just a bad luck,"you shooked your head and brought his hands to your cheek,"what i do cannot repay how much loss you've had." 
 
But Sunggyu just looked at you, his face slowly turning into a loving expression,"My real eomma always told me.. When you want to keep something, you always have to give up another thing. I lose my family but i gain another family, my wife,"he smiled. 
 
Your eyes never left him as you let him pull you into his hug. You rest your head on his shoulder,"You have me now, i promise." 
 
He your hair,"I've been waiting for this day to come where you won't push me away again."