Chapter 24

Loving My Stranger Husband

After the photoshoot, Sunggyu and you drove to a nearby cafe to get something to eat. As soon as you entered the cafe, you were freeted by a delicious aroma of mushroom beef pie. 

 
"I'm starving,"Sunggyu rubbed his tummy as he led you over to an empty table,"what would you like?" 
 
"Mushroom beef pie! And errrmmm.. Java chip frappuccino,"you smiled at him. 
 
Sunggyu nodded and smiled,"I'll be back." 
 
You watched as Sunggyu walked to the ordering counting and queued up. While waiting, you looked around the cafe and observed your surrounding. The cafe wasn't big, just a four square wall painted in pretty red with abstracts design on and had dim lights hanging low from the ceiling. It was a cafe where teenages would hang out at so there was music playing at a slightly higher volume. Some tables were occupied by adults drinking coffee and reading newspaper while some were occupied by teenagers sitting down and chatting while having their drink or using their laptops and getting free wifi. 
 
The sofa at each tables had different colours such as mosa green, leafy green, brownish red or brown. Overall, the cafe had a warm and cozy feeling. 
 
As you looked around, suddenly the door to the cafe opened and you happened to look towards the door, your jaw dropped. 
 
His hair was dyed red and he wore a black tank top where his muscles were showing, making all the girls in the cafe turned to his direction. As usual, he wore the same black jeans where the knee area had a hole. On his shoulder, he slump his black hoodie on. Bang Yongguk stepped in and had a gummy smile plastered on his face as he turned to a younger looking boy who was almost his height. 
 
You didn't know who the younger guy was but you were shocked that Yongguk had entered the cafe for he never liked going to such places. He was an underground rapper and was a fighter in gangs. Going around alone or in twos was dangerous for him. 
 
As you watched Yongguk and the younger walk in, you didn't realised that Sunggyu had came with your order. 
 
"Here, time to eat!"Sunggyu said while he put your food and drink infront of you and then he placed his, infront of him,"eat well,"he said before started to dig in. 
 
Distractedly, you picked up your fork and started to poke into your pie. Your heart trembles at the sight of Yongguk. Nothing could put you at ease knowing that he was under the same roof as you. 
 
Sunggyu realised your sudden changed of behaviour,"What's wrong?"he asked. 
 
"Huh?"you looked up at Sunggyu, off-guard. Sunggyu looked at you curiously,"nothing. I am so hungry,"you pretended to sound like nothing was bothering you and stuff your mouth with the hot pie. 
 
When the hot fillings touched your tongue, your eyes turned watery as you screamed shortly,"Hot!!"fanning your mouth at the same time while trying to cool the food in your mouth. 
 
"Drink this!"he pushed your ice blende frappuccino infront if you. 
 
You took one long sip of your drink and then pulled back as you felt the hotness go away and your tongue going numb. 
 
Looking at you like you just finished a 2.4km run, Sunggyu chuckled,"What were you thinking of so deeply that you forgot to blow your pie." 
 
Feeling a little foolish, you pushed your hair behind your ear and laughed along, not knowing what to tell him. When you created the commotion of burning your tongue, you didn't realise that you had attracted some attentions, same as Yongguk's attention. 
 
When you looked back to Yongguk, he was looking at you. Even the younger guy was looking at you. They had each a drink infront of them but they looked at you. Yongguk's face was expressionless that you find it hard to figure if he was mad or not. 
 
Quickly you shifted your gaze and looked down at your food, eating quietly. In the middle of it, suddenly Sunggyu stood up, you looked up at him,"What's wrong?" 
 
Sunggyu clutched his stomach,"Yeon Woo-ah.. I need to go to the toilet. I'll be back, alright?"as he start moving out. 
 
"Do you need me to follow?"you offered. 
 
Sunggyu waved his hand and shooked his head,"It's okay, just eat your food. I'll take sometime,"he chuckled as he went to the washroom. 
 
You leaned back in your seat and suddenly there was a clear view of Yongguk. The place where Sunggyu was sitting a while ago was empty, so you couldn't avoid Yongguk's stare. Without waiting, you turned your head and looked out through the transparent window just so you wouldn't have to face Yongguk. 
 
As you tried concentrating out the window, suddenly you felt someone sitting infront of you,"Han Yeon Woo, long time no see,"a low and deep voice greeted you.