Chapter 14

Loving My Stranger Husband

 

Sunggyu came down with a plain blue loose shirt and white pants. You were setting the table up with Rina, arranging the cups and putting the cut swiss rolls cake on the table. 
 
"Who made swiss rolls?"Sunggyu asked as he took one and put it into his mouth, his eyeballs widened,"this is good,"he praised as he took another one. 
 
Rina and you exchanged looks,"Yahh.. That's for halmeoni.. Why are you taking so much of the chocolate swiss rolls?"you questioned him when he took three in one row. 
 
As he kept feeding himself, he answered,"Halmeoni cannot eat so much chocolatey food. Don't worry, there's strawberry jam swiss rolls. It's good,"he smiled sheepishly with his cheeks full of swiss rolls. 
 
You rolled your eyes and sealed your lips into a tight thin line as you go back to the kitchen to take the tea that you have prepared. 
 
"Yeon Woo, you're really serving a lot of food,"Sunggyu came in the kitchen. 
 
"Can't i serve my grandmother in law?"you walked pass him to go out of the kitchen. 
 
Sunggyu trailed after you like a lost puppy,"Halmeoni will be the happiest women to see all these cake when she cames,"he complains,"and she's not supposed to take so much sweet food." 
 
"Why?"you gasped,"does she have any illness? Diabetes?". 
 
Sunggyu folded his arms,"No.. Because i say so. Better be safe than sorry." 
 
Just then, the sound of car engine could be hear from outside the house,"She's here,"you announced,"you better not restrict her from eating,"and then you ran out to greet Mrs Kim. 
 
Mrs Kim was helped by her driver to come out of the car,"Aigoo.. It's been a long time since i came here,"she said. When she already stepped out, you came and helped,"aigoo.. What a sweet girl,"she praised you as you helped her inside. 
 
"Halmeoni,"Sunggyu came out and greeted her,"how are you?". 
 
Mrs Kim looked at you and then at Sunggyu,"Better than ever. It's so good to have such caring granddaughter in law,"she your hair as you led her to the sofa. 
 
"So how is your married life? Are both of you getting along well?"Mrs Kim asked, once everyone as settled comfortably on the sofa. 
 
You nodded while Sunggyu answered,"Ye halmeoni, we're getting along quite well." 
 
"Very good. Have you changed your room colour?"she looked at you. 
 
"Yes halmeoni,"you answered,"we changed it to purple." 
 
Mrs Kim laughed lightly,"Aigoo.. What a pretty colour. I have to see your room later. Oh what is this?"she picked up one of your swiss roll cake and inspect it,"this looks delicious,"as she took a bite and chewed it slowly,"omo! Who made this?"looking at Sunggyu. 
 
Sunggyu speechlessly looked at you,"I did,"you answered her quietly,"is it bad?" 
 
"Bad? This is beyond delicious. Sunggyu-ah.. You're lucky your wife knows how to much such things. I expect you to gain weight when you're married,"she joked as she took another piece. 
 
You bit your lip as you looked at Sunggyu nervously, Sunggyu had a frowning look on his face when Mrs Kim took another piece,"Halmeoni, you shouldn't be eating too much of sweet things,"as he retrieved the swiss roll from her hand. 
 
"Eh?"Mrs Kim looked at him. 
 
Pitying her, you took the swis roll and gave it to her,"It's okay, let halmeoni have it." 
 
"No.. Halmeoni shouldn't be eating too much swiss rolls,"Sunggyu insisted and took the swiss roll back from her. 
 
"Aigoo.."Mrs Kim frowned,"you're taking care of me like i'm a child." 
 
Your eyebrows furrowed,"Exactly, let her be,"you gave another piece. 
 
Sunggyu stared at you,"Don't pamper her too much."
 
Finally Mrs Kim stood up,"What is this! Arguing about letting me eat swiss rolls or not. These two are like little kids. Haish!"she glared and then looking at Sunggyu,"you, before i permanently stop you from coming to work, you better let me have a piece, your wife have tiredly made it for me and you don't let me have it?!" 
 
"It's not like that.."Sunggyu was starting to explain but she cut him off. 
 
"Enough!"then she looked at you,"Make more the next time i come, eh?"she your cheek. 
 
You smiled and nodded,"Yes halmeoni." As you watched Mrs Kim happily eating, Sunggyu had a sour look on his face. He made a face at you and you stuck your tongue out at him. 
 
After finishing all the swiss rolls, the three of you had a little chat until Mrs Kim asked a question that got both of you feeling stunned,"So when am i going to hear the good news?"she asked. 
 
"Good news?"you repeated after her. 
 
Sunggyu asked,"What good news?". 
 
Mrs Kim had a cheeky grin plastered on her face,"Seeing both of you sitting side by side like this,"that's when both you started fidgetting uncomfortable infront of her,"i'm waiting for the news that i'm going to have a great grandchild soon." 
 
Sunggyu started coughing while you swallowed your saliva nervously,"Great grandchild?"both of you asked. 
 
Mrs Kim nodded,"Of course. It should be in the process right?" 
 
"Halmeoni, why are you discussing such things now?"Sunggyu asked uncomfortably. 
 
"Why? Are you two shy? It's okay.. Just keept trying. Yeon Woo will start showing the symptoms soon if both of you did it right,"she smiled while taking your hand,"i'm depending on you." 
 
You looked at Sunggyu and he looked at you back,"Ye halmeoni,"Sunggyu nodded. 
 
"Both of you must be healthy and fit if you want to produce a child together hmmm? Just in case something goes wrong, just call me arasso?"Mrs Kim asked. 
 
You bit your lip and nodded, faking a smile. 
 
"I should be hearing the news, latest in 4 months time, hmmm?"she asked. 
 
"What?!"you and Sunggyu shouted together. 
 
"I'll take that as a yes,"she assumed and then stood up,"come on now, i want to see your bedroom,"she demanded. 
 
"Oh.. This way,"you told her as you lead the way. Sunggyu trailed behind you two as you go up to your room. The first thing that Mrs Kim said was,"Nice,"as she looked around the room,"who chose the colour?" 
 
"Yeon Woo did,"Sunggyu answered. 
 
Mrs Kim gave him a cheeky smile,"You're really a gentlemen hmm? Letting your new wife choose the colour of the room." 
 
You watched them as Sunggyu put his hands together infront and smiled shyly. 
 
"If you don't know, Sunggyu has promised your parents and me that he would take care of you well and will let you do things your way in the house. Tsk tsk tsk.. Not bad. My grandson is taking his words seriously,"she slapped his arm lightly. 
 
You smiled at Sunggyu gratefully,"Thank you for taking care of me."
 
He nodded shyly and returned back a
bashful smile. 
 
"Omo! Why are there no wedding photos?"Mrs Kim asked as she looked around the room. 
 
"Oh.. We haven't find the right time to go down to a photography studio,"you explained. 
 
Mrs Kim looked at both of you suspiciously,"You better get a wedding photo framed and hung up as soon as possible.. Or else.."she threatened. 
 
"Ye halmeoni,"Sunggyu said. 
 
"You better!"she repeated again.