I am Important

Lee Sungjong...is my BOYFRIEND?!? (HIATUS)

"It's the last thing he remembered."

 
 
"Last thing.....he remembered?"
 
 
 
"Well, yeah. Since the accident, I mean." Dongwoo sighed. "The doctor asked him if he remembered anything recent before the accident, and he said something about a field." 
 
 
"A field." I repeated.
 
 
"Yeah. He said he got lost trying to find something, and he ended up in a field...a soccer field?" 
 
 
"I think I know what your talking about." I said. It was that day where I went to school and headed over to the field so take a rest during lunch. I was waiting for Yoo Jin to come, but instead Sungjong came. It was our second time meeting. 
 
It was hard to believe, though. He said that was the last thing he remembered since the accident.....but yet that happened 5 months ago. Was 5 months being with him.....just wasted?
 
"Oh yeah, he said he got into a right with a Noona. He's really protective over his snacks." Dongwoo said while laughing.
 
 
 I sighed. "I'm no noona. And he should be thankful I let him have his snack!" I pouted. 
 
 
"But it doesn't make sense..." I continued. "At that time, he knew who the 'old' Min Ah was...but not the 'new' Min Ah. So does that mean he still has memory about the 'old' Min Ah who is me right now?"
 
 
"Wat?"
 
 
I rolled my eyes. "Think about it, Oppa. When we met at the convenient store, he knew who I was, but he didn't recognize me because I looked so different. And since that's the last thing he remembers, then does it mean he knows who I am?" 
 
 
"...Im not exactly...sure what you mean..? But I'm assuming it's a no, because we still mentioned your name, but he had no clue whatsoever." Dongwoo said. It pained me inside to hear that. I know how Sungjong must have felt when I forgot him. 
 
 
"Wow. Thanks for making me feel better!" I scolded. I inhaled a fist full of air before exhaling. All this was too confusing. 
 
 
"Sorry, sis. It can't be helped."
 
 
"And why can't it? Why can't we help him remember?" 
 
"Because, people can tell lies, and someone will eventually believe the lies. It'll all turn into hatred in the end."
 
 
"Who said I was gonna lie?!" I shrieked. "I would never lie to him." 
 
 
"I know you wouldn't, but even if you told him, he wouldnt believe it because he has no memory of if. He'll be the one to end up hating you, because he'll think your telling lies. No one would want that."
 
 
"It's why we couldn't help you remember....." He continued. "We didn't know if you'd believe it or not. So we chose not to say anything. We didn't even tell you about the car crash; you wouldn't believe it because you didn't know about it. Does it make sense?"
 
 
 
"But I remembered....."
 
 
 
"On your own. And that's the same thing that'll happen to Sungjong. Don't keep your distance, because seeing you everyday might make him remember." He said. I knew he was smiling, I could feel it. 
 
 
"He knows that he actually lost his memory, though, right?" I
asked.
 
"Of course, he knows. He might forget what to do on a math question or what to put on a piece a bread. Things that can be easily restored. I mean, isn't it in our human nature to forget things as little as that?" 
 
 
"Yeah..I guess it is." 
 
 
"Well, he should be his normal self. Just remember to be with him." 
 
 
"Okay...." I mumbled.
 
 
"That's my girl. Now, I gotta go to practice. Call me when you get home, okay?" He said. I mumbled a yes quickly before he started talking again. "Remember not to remind him.....or attack him with hugs and kisses." He laughed. 
 
 
"But I want to hug him so bad!" My whining has gotten better. I learned from Sungjong. 
 
"Bye, love you!"
 
"Bye, love you too!" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hung up as I stuck my cell phone in my jean pocket. I gathered all my supplies and grabbed my bag before heading out into the living room where Sungjong was at. He sat on the couch texting on his phone. 
 
 
"I'll be leaving first." I told him. 
 
 
He looked up from his phone. "Then I'll be going too." He answered. He got up from the couch and grabbed his bag. 
 
 
"You still have a little while before school starts." I said. "You don't have to come with me. 
 
"I need to, actually. Seri doesn't trust me by myself. She said I have to go everywhere with....you because she's afraid I could faint and no one can help me." He shrugged. "I would have chosen to go earlier but I waited for you." 
 
 
 
"Alright...." I turned to the door to put my shoes on. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Walking with Sungjong could have caused some kind of rumor, but as we passed some people, no one bothered to say anything. They all knew what Sungjong and I went through, and they knew better than to bring anything up. 
 
 
I was walking behind Sungjong, making sure he was in my sight. If Seri wanted him with me, then I had to make sure he was somewhat safe. But he kept stopping so that I could walk next to him. I told him to go ahead, but he insisted on walking with me. "Is there something wrong with walking with me?" He would ask. I would just shake my head and he would laugh.
 
 
"Its okay, you don't have to keep on eye on me all the time. I'm not a little kid." He told me as he once again waited for me to catch up. We continued walking side by side, or hands brushing against each other. "As long as your near me, I should be fine." He smiled. 
 
 
"I know..." I said. "I'm just tired, that's all. I usually walk slow like this." I told him. 
 
 
"Then I guess I should be the one to watch you? I mean, you could trip and fall since your tired."  
 
 
"Ani...it's fine, really. I just have a lot on my mind, so that's why I'm walking slow." I explained. "We're almost there anyways, so you can go on ahead." 
 
 
 
He grew quiet for a moment as we still walked. He didn't listen to me though, he still walked right next to my side, which made me happy. He didn't know who I was anymore; I was basically a stranger to him. But he still chose to be with me. 
 
 
 
"It's fine," he said after a while, "I know about your condition too. You lost your memory not that long ago. Your like me; you could faint or something without knowing." He looked at me. "So I guess we should watch out for each other." 
 
 
"Yeah...but how did you know about that?"
 
 
"Hyung told me. I cried that one night in the hospital. After hearing that I lost my memory, I was scared. I mean, I thought I would forget everyone or something. But it seems like I didn't forget much." 
 
 
He continued, "He told me about your condition at that time. He said told me that I wasn't the only one, and I would heal fast. So I assumed that I would get better too." 
 
"Infinite, that is one thing I'm happy I didn't forget. My family too. Whatever else I forgot, I'm pretty sure it wasn't important. If it was then I wouldn't have forgotten it." 
 
 
 
"If it wasn't important." I repeated. 
 
 
 
"Yeah. You must be important too? Because I remember you quite well, even if you look different now." 
 
 
 
"I'm not sure." I told him. 
 
 
 
Of course, I wasn't sure. I didn't know if I should be happy or sad. Should I be happy that he at least has some memory of me? But only the bad memories? Or should I be angry that he completely who I really was? 
 
 
 
"You're condition is better though, yes?" 
 
 
 
"Mhm. Most of my memory is back. I've had dreams about them. I knew they were more than dreams, of course. I could tell." 
 
 
"I hope that goes for me as well. I don't know what I forgot. I don't think I forgot a lot, because everything seems quite familiar." 
 
 
I really hope you remember. Fast. I know I'm important to your life, but yet you still forgot me. It's okay though, because you were important in my life. And I forgot you. One day, I know you'll remember, just like I did. 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________
 
Thank you for all the lovely comments! They really cheer me up! I'm not really satisfied with this update, but I promise my future updates will be better.
 
Don't worry everyone, Sungjong forgetting her won't really affect their relationship. Since they weren't dating anyways, right? I know it hurts Min Ah, but all they can do now is be friends and hope he remembers. Being friends was all that they were, right? Hhmmmm.....
 
Infinite H debut in a couple of days! The teaser looks amazing! Dongwoo is so....AHH!! His 'Leggo' in the Fly High teaser killed me! His funny engrish! I really can't wait!