I don't know why I'm acting this way towards you

Lee Sungjong...is my BOYFRIEND?!? (HIATUS)

 

 
I didn't know where I was. The city street seemed familiar to me. The sky was blue as always. I just felt different for some reason. Like....something wasn't right. I didn't know why, but my body decided to react on its own. It moved without me telling it to move. I didn't even know where I was going, but I just decided to let it work by its self. I walked down the busy road fuller with people. The weather seemed nice, but something still felt a bit off.
 
I continued to walk straight, not knowing where my feet would take me. I had the feeling like I was back in Seoul, because I felt the breeze that the Han River would usually set off. And I was right. Now, I stood on the bridge, just above the Han River. For some reason my body halted, and I just stood there to see what would happen next. 
 
I don't remember how or when I got here. Everything felt so real, I couldn't even tell if this was a fantasy or not.
 
Just then, my vision went black. I had thought I fainted or something, but I could still hear the sounds surrounding me. *Am i still alive?* I thought. None of this seemed real, but i could feel everything. It felt so real. I thought that someone had put a mask or something on me to prevent me from seeing, so I slowly lifted my hands up to my eyes to see what was covering them. 
 
 
A pair of hands were.
 
 
Shocked, I lowered my hands to my side again and just stood there. I couldn't think of anyone who would be covering my eyes, so I waited until the person uncovered them. 
 
I heard a small chuckle from behind. It was a males voice. His breath was just at the tip of my ears. He whispered, "guess who". 
 
I just stood there. I didn't respond back to him, nor was my body reacting to his touch. My feet couldn't move, despite that they basically lead me here. The wind still flowed smoothly against my skin, and I could still hear voices of people around. I swear, it felt good to be at this place, but something was still off.
 
"Okay...fine. Don't guess." He chuckled and he uncovered my eyes. I blinked quite a few times to adjust to the lighting. Everything still seemed fine.
 
His presence was still behind me. I could feel him standing there, staring at me. But I couldn't turn around. "Not gonna look at me?" He wondered. *i would, but I can't move my feet!* 
 
"Fine, fine." He gave up for some reason. Oh gosh, I already knew who it was. 
 
Sungjong appeared in front of me, smiling as I looked up into his eyes. He looked a bit different, but I couldn't explain it in details. "What's wrong with you?" He poked my arm. "Couldn't go to sleep, because you were thinking of me, Huh? its okay, i have that effect on ladies." He joked.
 
"N..no!" I said. I felt myself blush. "I was just confused...that's all."
 
"Bout what?" He asked as he leaned on the railing. After a while, He looked over his shoulder at me. "Why are you standing there like a statue? You'll get run over by other people." He chuckled once more and dragged me to the railing. *oh..so now my feet move!*
 
"-sigh-...it's such a beautiful day today!" He said. I didn't respond, for some reason I just didn't feel comfortable.
 
"-sigh-...it's such a beautiful day today!" He emphasized. 
 
"It is...?" I questioned.
 
He hung his head down. "Well, or course dummy. If you were keeping track, it's my birthday!!" He playfully rolled his eyes. "What? I don't even get a happy birthday hug? You didn't even get me a present, so you might as well give me a hug now!" He whined. He opened his arms wide, waiting for me to hug him back. I didn't respond.
 
"Do I have to do all the work?" He joked. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I admit, I miss his hugs. I haven't hugged him in the longest time. But this hug felt different. 
 
He slightly rubbed my back as he hugged me. I could see from the corner of my eyes that people were giving us smiles as the past by. "Seriously, what is wrong with you today? You're never like this." He released the hug, but his hands still rested on my hips. 
 
*i thought his birthday was in September. It's only April..* I thought. "Sungjong...what day is it today?" I asked dumbly.
 
 
 
"September 2nd." 
 
 
 
"What?!" 
 
 
 
I swear, I did not sleep through all of summer. How can it be September already? "Are you feeling okay?" He rested his palm onto forehead. "What did you eat this morning?" 
 
 
"I..uhh..." I gulped.
 
 
"Schools really buggin you, huh? It's too bad that I'm not there to cheer you up." He said.
 
 
"Yeah....Senior year is really hard....finals are coming up soon." I responded.
 
 
"Senior year?"
 
 
"...yeah..."
 
 
"What are you talking about? We're only in 9th grade....we've still got 3 more years to go..." He cheaply rubbed his neck. "We're only 15..."  He laughed weakly. "Remember? We first met in kindergarten, but then I moved away to another school? Here we are, 10 years later, still besr friends. Sadly, you think we are Seniors....and you can't even remember your own best friends birthday!"
 
 
"What?!" I asked again. 
 
 
I think I understood. 
 
 
I'm living in my past.
 
 
No wonder why things felt awkwardly different. 
 
 
"What did you say today was?" I asked again. 
 
 
"September 2nd..." His face was serious now. "I swear, something is different with you.." 
 
 
September 2nd
 
 
Junior Year
 
 
15 years old
 
 
Seoul
 
 
If I was correct, next week was the day of my parents accident. Today was the last time I would see Sungjong again. Not until the accident. The accident that both of us were involved in. 
 
I didn't know what happened, or why it happened. But I grabbed his neck and kissed him. I knew that this wasn't real, and I wish that I could go back in time and fix things. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Min Ah's POV:
 
My eyes suddenly jerked open and I stared at the ceiling. *good....it was just a dream...* I slightly thanked God that it was. I looked around my room. Everything seemed normal. 
 
Around my waist was Sungjong's arm. My head was comfortably nuzzled in the crook of his neck. I was assuming that we fell asleep like this. "Quit staring.." He mumbled. He tightened the grip around my waist and his face was now right above mine. "Good morning, beautiful." He kissed my temples. "Did my princess have a good sleep?" He asked.
 
I got butterflies when he called me those sweet names. I don't know why, but I just did. 
 
"No....I.." 
 
"Wae?" He yawned while rubbing his eyes. "What happened?" 
 
"I...uhh.....what happened on September 2nd....in our Junior year?" I asked him.
 
"Uhh..well." I thought for a minute. "Oooh! I remember! I told you to meet me at the Han River, and when we were there you forgot that it was my birthday....you felt bad so you took me shopping." He yawned again. 
 
*oh...so it was different..*
 
"Why? Did you have one of those dreams again?"
 
"Well...yeah but, it felt so real. Like I was living in that moment." I tried to explain. 
 
"I guess fate really wants us together.." He chuckled. 
 
I never expected him to do this, but he kissed me. Right on the lips. It was a sweet, long kiss. I didn't respond, because I thought he wasn't fully awake yet. His plump pink lips on my lips felt like heaven. I couldn't help it, but i kissed him back. My arms gradually slipped up to his neck, and he eventually laid on top of me, not breaking this kiss. 
 
"Hey guys, I'm gonna make----AHHHHHH!!!!" I heard Seri's voice from the doorway. "Holy cows! Learn how to close the door for moments like this!! Geeeeez!!" She whined. "Oh gosh...my eyes.." She pouted as she left the room.
 
Sungjong just giggled at her reaction. "I love you.." He barely whispered to me. "C'mon, lets help Seri with breakfast, you lazy bum." He got of the bed and headed towards the door. 
 
 
"Sungjong-ah....we're just friends.." I reminded him, feeling bad that he still liked me when I didn't.
 
 
"Oh yeah? Then why did you kiss me back?" He smirked and winked at me. 
 
 
Oh god. That y wink.
 
______________________________
Another update down!! I might update later this week, maybe even two updates!
 
Please check out me other fanfic called 'Mnet's new variety show: Tutor me, infinite!' Starring Infinite again!! This time, the main character is not Sungjong (sadly)....I'm not sure who the main character from infinite will be, but I'll just continue the story as it progresses.