Cinderella’s World Part 1: Rags and Drags

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 4*

“Ye-ye-yes?” The girl stuttered out.
 
“Does it really take THAT long to clean a vase?!” Another girl screamed.
 
“Yeah! And-wait, what is this?” Another voice said. But to Kai, it didn’t sound like a girl. It sounded like a man trying to sound female. 
 
Kai could hear footsteps approaching to the horse stall that he was hiding behind. His heart started beating faster, and his palms got sweaty with apprehension. He peeked through the crack underneath the stall door and saw a pair of bright pink pumps stop in front of the stall.
 
“Kim Sooyeon,” the manly female voice said ominously. Sooyeon’s breath hitched when her stepsister addressed her full name.
 
“Ye-yes, stepsister?” She croaked out. *Holy cow, don’t discover the guy.* 
 
The stepsister bent down and grabbed a large, broken piece of the vase from earlier. “Look what you did! You broke mother’s favorite vase!” She threw it at Sooyeon’s feet, causing it to shatter to pieces even more. 
 
Sooyeon let out a small sigh of relief before realizing what was in store for her because of this. “Ye-ye-yeah, I know.” Her face was completely frightened now. 
 
Kai slowly peeked over the horse stall door to see what was happening. He almost did a double flip from who was there. 
 
Right in front of Kai’s eyes were Sunny from Girls’ Generation and Sungmin from Super Junior. *What on Earth??* His jaw dropped to the ground as he eyed his sunbaes. But there was one thing that was more bizarre than seeing Sunny and Sungmin in front of him.
 
Sungmin was in drag.
 
He was the one who had stopped in front of the horse stall with the bright pink pumps. He was also wearing a long yellow dress and a dozen bows tied into his hair. He also wore thick, smoky eye makeup with deep red lipstick on. Kai felt a little nauseous looking at Sungmin. He turned his head to glance at Sunny, who was wearing exactly the same thing. 
 
Sungmin and Sunny simultaneously placed their hands on their hips and put on faces. “You’re gonna get it now. Mother’s gonna punish you. Now, come to the house and tell her what you did!” Sunny yelled at her.
 
Sooyeon bowed her head timidly. “Neh.” The two stepsisters dramatically flipped their hair before strolling back to the house.
 
Sooyeon raised her head and checked to see if they were back in the house yet. When she was sure they were gone, she raced back to the hidden Kai, who was still in shock from the scene in front of him. She waved a hand in front of his face. “Hello?” Kai snapped his head to her, stood up, and looked down at the small girl. She uncomfortably shifted under his intense gaze and cleared . “Uhm, you should probably get going now.”
 
He gave her an innocent look. “Get going where..?”
 
“Back to where you came from.” 
 
“Oh.” He crinkled his nose. “Well, do you know where Seoul is?”
 
She blinked at him. “Soul? Like your soul?” She pointed at her chest innocently. “It’s inside us!” 
 
Kai tried not to smile at her cluelessness. “No, not soul. SEOUL. As in the city in South Korea.”
 
Sooyeon tilted her to the side curiously. “Where? I’ve never of that place before.” 
 
Kai gave her a strange look. “You haven’t? But you have a Korean name...” He looked at her innocent face that was covered by her huge glasses. “So you have no idea who I am then?” 
 
She shook her head, and Kai scoffed at her. She pouted. *Wow, what a cocky guy* 
 
“Well, I have no idea how I’m getting home then. And I can‘t go back to the town again. Those girls are probably still looking for me.” 
 
She scrunched her eyebrows together. “Well, what am I supposed to do about it? I don’t know how to help you.”
 
He tilted his head and smirked. “Let me stay here.”
 
Her eyes widened as if she heard something crazy. “Excuse me?” 
 
“Let me stay at the house.”
 
“B-b-b-but why MY house?” She stuttered shamefully. *Stepmother will not be happy about this...* 
 
“You’re the only one who doesn’t wanna ually assault me,” she cringed when he said that, “and plus you’re the only one who can help me right now.”
 
She bit her lips and looked down at her feet. *WHAT SHOULD I DO? Stepmother would kill me if I bring a boy into the house. But I can’t just sacrifice him to rabid girls. AIGOO. Even if he IS a cocky and too ual guy* 
 
She looked up to him to see him staring at her with a deep gaze. “So what do you say?”
 
“Uhh....” She played with her fingers before answering, “Okay, I’ll let you stay...” 
 
Kai fist pumped the air in success and smiled. “Thanks!”
 
“...But the thing is..... You can’t stay in the house. You’ll have to stay in the barn...” 
 
His smile faltered until he was just staring at her unhappily. “What?”
 
“I-I said you’re staying in the barn.”
 
“What? Why??”
 
“Because my stepmother would kill me if I brought a stranger in the house. I have to keep you hidden here until you leave...” She continued to not look at him, fearing he was giving more intense stares. 
 
“I have to stay here....with the HORSES? The dirty horses?”
 
“Well, it’s either this or being torn apart by the girls, so don’t complain,” she snapped at him. She was slowly getting annoyed by his attitude and was finding him attractive less and less. 
 
He merely raised an eyebrow and huffed out a sigh. “Fine.” 
 
She nodded, pleased that he complied. But then she remembered that she was supposed to talk to her stepmother about the vase. She started making her way to the house, and before leaving the barn, she turned around and said, “I’ll be back with clothes, food, et cetera. Just make sure you hide if you hear footsteps approaching.”
 
Kai just waved his hand at her dismissively. “Yeah, yeah. Whatever.” 
 
She gave him one last hesitant look before departing towards the house.
 
When Sooyeon entered, she moved up the stairs as quiet as a mouse and stopped right in front of her stepmother’s door. She took in a deep breath and raised her hand to knock on the door.
 
But before she could knock on the door, a cold voice stopped her. “Come in.” 
 
Sooyeon brushed her tangled hair with her fingers and patted away any dust and dirt on her clothes before opening the door and entering. She closed the door behind her and bowed to her stepmother, who was sitting on her bed and petting her cat.
 
“Come closer,” Sooyeon’s stepmother said.
 
Sooyeon obeyed and obediently shuffled her feet over to the side of the bed. She looked down at her feet, not daring to look into her stepmother’s eyes. “Yes, stepmother?”
 
“I heard that you broke my favorite vase,” she stated icily while the cat, which purred under her touch. 
 
“N-Neh.”
 
Her gaze hardened at the sight of her submissive stepdaughter. She grabbed a roll of paper that was laying next to her and threw it at Sooyeon’s feet. Sooyeon stumbled backwards and became flustered. “Pick it up and read it.” 
 
Sooyeon clumsily picked up the paper and unrolled it. The paper was so long, it unrolled down past her feet. Her eyes widened when she saw that it was a list of chores. “S-Stepmoth-”
 
“Do all of these chores by the end of the day. In addition of the daily chores that are given to you.” She gave a little evil smirk from seeing Sooyeon squirm. “Or else I’ll double the chores for tomorrow.”
 
*Oh, my gosh! Stupid guy! This is all HIS fault!* Sooyeon could feel a headache building up. “But stepmother, I had already cleaned the-”
 
“Clean them again,” she said emotionlessly while still the cat.
 
“Bu-but I’ve also already did the-”
 
“Do them again.” She gave Sooyeon an icy look that sent chills down her spine. “Now go. You have a lot of work to do.”
 
Sooyeon hastily bowed and left the room as quickly as possible. She shut the door and laid her back against it. She let out an exasperated sigh. *This isn’t fair,* she thought before carrying on her massive list of chores. 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, Kai was just lying down on the barn floor, looking at the ceiling. Bored out of his mind, he sat up frustrated. “AISH! What am I supposed to do? I’m really really BORED!” He ran his hands through his hair like a madman. 
 
He suddenly had an idea, causing him to look around at the spacious barn and stand up. He tiptoed towards the entrance of the barn and checked the outside to see if anyone was around. When he was sure no one was there, he returned to the center of the barn and started stretching. When he was done, he closed his eyes and concentrated deeply.
 
When he re-opened them, he imagined a crowd of people cheering for him on stage, chanting his name in support. He could see Kris and Chanyeol rapping two moons while Lay was sauntering over towards him. Kai gave his signature smirk before approaching him and started to dance. 
 
He could feel the music coursing through his veins. With every step he took, his nerves jerked with anticipation. Every movement he made, every spotlight that was on him, he could feel his heart pump with excitement. He kept dancing and dancing until sweat dripped from the tip of his nose to the beat down ground. 
 
Finally, he collapsed to the ground on his back and ran his fingers through his sweaty hair.
 

(A/N: OVARIES. GO. BOOM)
 
He panted and tried to air out his clothes before sitting up and rubbing his eyes with his fist like a child. *I miss the others...* 
 
Then suddenly, Kai thought he heard some rustling from the entrance, and his head snapped in that direction. There was no one there. But there was a tray of soup and bread that was not there before. He looked at the tray curiously and cautiously crawled over to it. He took a whiff of the soup, and his stomach growled, reminding him that he hadn’t eaten all day. He sat right in front of the tray, crossing his legs, and took the small loaf of bread in his hands. *Wow, it’s still warm.* He ripped a piece of the bread off and dipped it into the soup. And then devoured it like a beast. His stomach dropped when a wave of homesickness washed over him, and his lips pressed together in a straight line. *I miss D.O.....* He quickly finished the food and soon became bored again. 
 
He heard some talking coming all the way from the house and became curious. *It can’t hurt to go exploring for a little bit, right?*
 
He stood up and patted the dust off his clothes. He tiptoed to the entrance of the barn and looked around to check if anyone was around. When the coast was clear, he sneaked out of the barn and started roaming the property towards the house. He stared at the grand house in awe. “What the heck, why won’t that girl let me stay in the house?” He mumbled grumpily under his breath. From the corner of his eye, he could see two people coming out of the house. He quickly spotted two large bins and hid behind them. He peeked over the top to see who was coming outside. 
 
He spotted Sooyeon stumbling on her feet, holding an umbrella for this lady who was walking in front of her. Kai couldn’t see the woman’s face because it was covered by the shadows of the umbrella. *Is that the stepmother?* He turned his attention back on to Sooyeon who was still clumsily tripping on her own feet. Even from a far away distance, he could catch some of their words.
 
“Sooyeon babo! Hold the umbrella properly! You can never do anything right!” 
 
Sooyeon bowed her head in sadness. “Yes, stepmother...” She uttered sullenly. 
 
He shook his head at the humiliating sight. *Ooh, girl. What are you doing?* 
 
He decided to go back to the barn and hide there because he had a bad feeling something was going to happen. He was carefully walking back when his foot accidentally hit one of the bins, causing it to topple over and he to fall down flat on his face. He stayed deathly still flat on his stomach behind the fallen bin, fearing that he would get caught. After what felt like hours, he gathered all of his courage and peeked over the bin. 
 
There was no one there anymore.
 
Kai blew a sigh of relief before carefully and silently getting back onto his feet and hurriedly tried to tiptoe back to the barn. But he didn’t get too far before an icy cold voice halted his tracks.
 
“Who are you?”
 
He felt like he had a mini heart attack, and it seemed like his blood froze in fright. He slowly gulped and turned around with his eyes shut. Kai opened his eyes apprehensively and immediately jumped at the sight of her, and he stumbled on his feet and fell straight onto his . 
 
He looked up to meet the eyes of SM’s very own, 
 
Jessica Jung. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
OMG I AM SHO SORRY, YOU GUYS, THAT I HAVEN’T UPDATED IN ALMOST A MONTH ;-; .... It’s just that I have NO TIME ANYMORE!!! The first week of school, I GOT 3 PROJECTS. LIKE WHAT. And then when the 2nd week rolled around, I got MORE projects. LIKE OMFG. FJKSEJFSJFKISJFKISUJEFS My only free time was this week, and it was just BARELY free. I still had homework and stuff to do. UGH. BUT. I have a 3 day weekend right now, SOOOOOO I shall catch up on writing (even though I have hw to do and shiet LMAO). 
 
OMG!! And yesterday, my internet got disconnected! D:< I actually had stolen my neighbor’s internet this whole time, and they finally discovered it! So I got disconnected and now I have no internet D; ... I’m using the wifi on my phone, and it ish SHOO SLOW. UGH. Thus, explaining why there is no EXO spam right now ;-; .... And a lack of pictures because I have no internet to go and look for them! >.< 
 
WELL ANYWAYS~ I got two new subscribers <3 OMG WELCOME <3 LOLOLOLOL. Even though it’s not much, it makes me shooo happy <3 OMFG.
 
COMMENT, YOU GUYS. Like omg, you guys never comment.... ;-; ... I need some encouragement to write more ;D LOLOLOL
I have to go now LOL. So bye!~
 
READ, SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU GUYS~<3