Aladdin’s World Part 8: Gone

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 46*

“Suho...” Ara called out to him hesitantly. She had snuck out of her room in the morning and towards Suho’s room. She stuck her head through the crack of his door and called out his name again. “Suho?” 
 
Suho stuck his head through the crack of the bathroom door. “Yes?” 
 
Ara pinked a little because she could clearly see that he just finished showering and didn’t have a shirt on. She slowly lost her train of thought. “Uh-u-uhm, just finish what you were doing first please,” she said, turning her head away from the sight. 
 
Suho dumbly nodded and closed the bathroom door to get changed. 
 
Ara puffed her cheeks and fanned herself with her hand. “Phew, it’s so hot. What’s with this weather?” 
 
Suho blew air out and patted his cheeks. He looked himself in the mirror and noticed his pink cheeks. “Oh, I shouldn’t have showered with such hot water.” He quickly changed into his clothes. 
 
Suho came out of the bathroom with a towel in hand and drying his hair with it. “So what brings you here this morning?” 
 
“I don’t know. You always come to my room. I just thought it’d be fun to go to your room instead.” 
 
Suho raised an eyebrow and smiled good-naturedly. “And is it fun?” 
 
Ara crinkled her nose. “It’s the same.” She laughed. Her laugh slowly weakened, and she looked down at her hands, playing with her thumbs. 
 
Suho noticed her odd behavior. “What’s wrong?” 
 
Ara looked up at him, slightly startled. “What? What do you mean what’s wrong?” 
 
Suho sat down on his bed and patted the spot next to him. Ara sat down obediently. “I mean, you seem nervous all of a sudden. There has to be something wrong.” 
 
Ara shook her head. “No! There isn’t!” she denied. 
 
Suho’s lips turned into a straight line. “Uh huh... when you’re nervous, you tend to play with your hands.” 
 
Ara looked down and immediately separated her hands. She cleared . “I have no idea what you’re talking about. 
 
“Oh, come on, Ara! You didn’t just come here to visit, did you?” 
 
Ara bit down on her bottom lip. “It’s a bit stupid... I don’t know why I’m worrying about it so much.” 
 
“Just tell me-”
 
“Suho, I’m a little scared,” she abruptly spilled out. 
 
Suho cocked his head to the side. “Scared of what?” 
 
Ara sighed. “After Youngmin left last night, I’ve had the weirdest feeling that someone’s watching me... This morning when I woke up in bed, there were some things in my room that were misplaced when I was SURE that they were placed someplace else. And my hair has been sticking up in fright, and I don’t know what to do. I think I’m going crazy.” 
 
Suho stared at her for a little while, trying to soak in what she told him. He shook his head. “Don’t be silly. Why would anyone watch you?” he said absentmindedly, not realizing what he said. 
 
Ara stared at him for a little, feeling a bit offended by his statement. “Well, I don’t know. Maybe because I am the princess, the closest thing to my father, who probably has many enemies?” Ara paused for a second and let what she said really sink in. She started sweating and freaking out. “Oh, my God! What if that IS what’s happening?! Someone could be planning on kidnapping me or killing me or something just to get back at my father! Yes! That’s it!” 
 
Suho rolled his eyes. “Calm down. The possibility of that happening is so slim that it doesn’t even impose a threat to us.” 
 
“HOW IS THAT SLIM? I AM THE PRINCESS! My father has an assassination attempt like every 2 months!” She stood up from the bed and started pacing back and forth. 
 
“Ara,” Suho called out her name, but she wasn’t paying attention anymore. He stood up and stopped her by placing both hands on her cheeks. “Ara,” he said her name softly. 
 
Her eyes widened at how close he was to her. “Y-yeah?” 
 
“You have nothing to worry about. If someone IS trying to go after you, then they’d have to go through ME. I’ll protect you.” 
 
Ara could feel herself relax under his words. “O-okay.” She grabbed his hands and took them off her cheeks, feeling the air cool them of from his warmth. 
 
Suho smiled at her. “Now let’s do something. I’m bored.” 
 
 
 
 
Ara was walking towards her room after being pulled from her fun with Suho to have a long discussion with her father. She rubbed her temples in frustration. “I hate politic talk. I hate that he‘s still going on about arranged marriages.” 
 
Her footsteps resonated as she walked down the long hallways. She heard a little sound, and she turned her head towards it, seeing nothing. Another sound came about, but she didn’t see the source of it. Her eyebrows furrowed together. “What on earth...” 
 
The hair on the back of her neck started rising in fright. “Song Ara, you cannot possibly be afraid of some small noises. You’ve lived here your whole life. You should be used to it by now.” 
 
But Ara heard another sound, and it sent her sprinting down the hallway towards her room. She opened the door and slammed it behind her. She panted heavily before wiping the cold sweat off her brow. 
 
She the lights and walked towards her mirror, checking to see if she looked alright after all that running. The lights in the room started to flicker slightly. Her eyes looked at it. “Tch, someone needs to go change the lights.” 
 
Suddenly, all of the lights went out at once, leaving Ara frightened out of her wits. 
 
She turned her attention back onto the mirror, and her eyes widened at what she saw behind her. 
 
 
 
 
Suho was napping on his bed after a long day with Ara. Sadly for him, she had to be pulled out to go talk to her father. He waited for her to return, but fatigue got the best of him. 
 
There was a rapid knock on his balcony door, and Suho groaned at the sound. He rolled around on the bed and ignored it. 
 
Then there was a loud sound of shattering glass, and Suho found himself standing and being shaken by Youngmin. “WAKE UP!”
 
Suho pushed Youngmin away from him in irritation. “WHAT?!” 
 
Youngmin’s eyes looked frantic. “A-Ara! She’s gone! I flew onto her balcony and was going to knock on her door, but it was unlocked. I walked in, and Ara was nowhere to be seen!” He shoved his hand in his pocket and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper. “I found this lying on her bed.” 
 
Suho took the paper in his hand and read it, paling at what was written. He immediately ran out of his room and towards hers, Youngmin trailing behind. “Ara!” Suho yelled at her bedroom door after pounding several times without a single response. He turned the doorknob and burst into her room. 
 
Her room was an absolute mess. It looked as if a hurricane blew its way through her room. Suho collapsed onto her bed, dropping the note from his hand.
 
Come and get your princess. Her life hangs on a thread. - Hyunseung 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, guys. Long time, no see ~ ^-^
Sorry that I've neglected this story for like. 2 and 1/2 months D: Usual story: school and blaahh
BUT SCHOOL'S OVER FOR ME NOW YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY And I JUST finished a Disney movie marathon, so now I'm off my writer's block! ^-^ 
I noticed that some people unsubbed, and that's fine. But for the people who stayed, THANK YOU <3 IT MEANS A LOT. I HOPE YOU GUY STAY UNTIL THE VERY END <333 
 
P.S. You guys should totally follow me on tumblr. Hurhurhur. http://canitouchyourphannnie.tumblr.com/