Beauty and the Beast’s World Part 3: Love is Scary

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 12*

Baekhyun and Aesook walked between the trees in silence. Baekhyun awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. *What should I say to her? This is unbearable.*
 
Aesook was thinking to herself too. *Should I say something? This is a little awkward...*
 
“Aesook.”
 
“Baekhyun.” 
 
They both said at the same time. They looked at each other in surprise and turned away to look at something else. “You go first,” Aesook said softly before looking back at him and smiling widely. 
 
Baekhyun cleared his throat. “Uh-ahem, alright. Uhm, what was all that back in the town square? What did Siwon-ssi say all of that?” 
 
Aesook’s smile diminished slightly, and she sighed. “Well, let’s just say he’s been pursuing me for the longest of time now.” 
 
“Really? For how long?” 
 
“I don’t know. Since puberty, I guess?” She chuckled. “Ever since I matured to look like my mom, a lot of guys have been asking me to marry them. Siwon being the first.” 
 
“Ahh...” Baekhyun nodded. “Is your mom beautiful?” 
 
Aesook smiled. “Was.” 
 
Baekhyun awkwardly looked down at his feet silently. “Oh, I see.” 
 
Aesook laughed and gently punched his arm. “Don’t be like that. The past’s the past, ya know? No need to dwell on it.” 
 
Baekhyun gave Aesook a small smile as a response. “Why didn’t you accept Siwon? I mean, he’s so handsome.” 
 
Aesook snorted. “Pfft, yeah he’s handsome. But don’t you remember what he’s like? He’s so ARROGANT and-and cocky and hardheaded! Not to mention abusive!” 
 
Baekhyun looked down at his feet. “Ah.” *That’s not the Siwon Sunbae that I know.*  He turned his gaze back onto Aesook who was looking up at the sky with sparkling eyes. 
 
“You know, not everything is based on looks. I want to find love some day. REAL love. True love. Not the ‘love’ that people have nowadays. Someone who’ll love me for me. Not just because I’m beautiful.” 
 
Baekhyun just gazed at her with admiration. “That’s...” he smiled, “sweet.” 
 
“Really?” She laughed, embarrassed. “It’s not cheesy or anything?” 
 
“No, it’s really admirable.” Aesook looked at Baekhyun and smiled widely. 
 
“What about you, Baekhyun? Don’t you want love?” 
 
Baekhyun’s lips curved into a faint smile. “I do... but I can’t right now. My company won’t allow me to date.”
 
“Your company?” Aesook looked at him, confused. “Oh yeah. You’re in a boy band,” she teased with a twinkle in her eye. 
 
Baekhyun chuckled. “Yeah.” He looked up at the sky, and Aesook thought she saw a bit of sadness flash across his eyes. “I DO want to find love someday. But like you said, I want someone who’ll love me for me. It’s going to be so hard to find that girl. I won’t know who’ll love me for the real Baekhyun....or the k-pop idol Baekhyun.” 
 
Aesook softened at his words and patted his back gently. “Well, at least you’re fulfilling your dreams, right? I mean, even though you can’t date or anything, you’re still singing.” 
 
Baekhyun’s eyes sparkled. “Yeah, I am. Singing is all I want to do. But sometimes I wonder if my efforts are for nothing.” His face fell again, and his head bowed, letting his bangs fall upon his face. 
 
“Hey,” she grabbed his jaw and turned his head towards her. “Don’t think that way. You will be so successful. And you will find the girl for you. She will be perfect for you! And you’ll be so in love, okay?” 
 
Baekhyun gazed into Aesook’s big brown eyes and softened. *Why do I feel funny when I’m looking at her?* Baekhyun shook his head at the thought. “S-so Aesook, where exactly are we going?” he asked not only to change the subject, but because he was curious. 
 
Aesook noticed his attitude change but shrugged it off. “We’re going up to the castle.” 
 
“...What castle?” 
 
Aesook skipped ahead of him and turned back, giving him a dazzling smile. “You’ll see when you get there.” She grabbed a dazed Baekhyun’s hand. “Come on! We’re almost there!” She laughed as she dragged him along. 
 
Baekhyun could feel a smile creep up on his face. *Her laugh...*
 
Through the trees, Baekhyun could see an outline of a large building. As they got closer each minute, he could see a large castle.
 
It was sitting on the edge of a deep cliff, and it looked extremely menacing. Aesook continued to drag Baekhyun until they reached the very front of the gate that surrounded the enormous building. The gate was black and looked as if it was burned to a char. Vines grew all around it, and Baekhyun peered in closer and saw that there were thorns on the vines. 
 

Aesook dug her hand into her pocket and pulled out an old, rustic key. She inserted it into the gate lock and twisted it, causing the old gates to creak and slowly open up. 
 
They silently walked to the front door of the castle, and Aesook tried to open it as quietly as possible. Aesook quickly slipped in through the crack. Baekhyun looked behind him at the dark, cloudy sky. *Wasn’t it sunny a minute ago?* He felt a hand grab his shirt and pull him inside, breaking him from his thought. 
 
Aesook looked at him with a finger to her lips. Baekhyun got the message and followed her when she started walking again. He kept his stare on Aesook’s back while they walked deeper into the castle. He noticed Aesook kept snapping her head back and forth apprehensively as if something bad was about to happen to them. 
 
Suddenly a clack! sound echoed across the hall. Baekhyun immediately jumped and hugged Aesook’s arm tightly. “What was that?” he whispered frantically. 
 
She slapped his arm and shook her head at him. “Don’t worry, that was probably just Mrs. Pots bouncing around the castle.” 
 
*What?* 
 
As they continued to walk, Baekhyun could hear music and singing faintly in the distance. The sound gradually became louder as they  reached a certain hall. There was a room that had its door slightly open, letting some of the light spew out. They both reached the room, and Aesook gently pushed the door open wider. 
 
Inside, Baekhyun could hear the music blast so loudly that the ground vibrated. He peered in and saw a variety of furniture moving around and dancing as if they were human. *This song...why does it sound so familiar?*
 

(They were singing "Be Our Guest" LOL)
One of the cups that was dancing on a piano stopped when it spotted the two at the doorway. “Look, Belle’s back!” 
 
Everything stopped all at once, and all of the attention was directed towards Aesook and Baekhyun. A figure that was sitting on one of the chairs slowly stood up and faced the two. Baekhyun’s face drained of color when he saw the thing in front of him. 
 
Baekhyun couldn’t quite describe the creature. It was about 10 feet tall, towering over the two menacingly. It had large brown eyes and horns that stuck out of its head. And it was completely covered with shaggy, brown hair. 
 
It was a beast. 
 
The beast looked like it was smiling at Aesook, but it faltered once its eyes landed on the frightened Baekhyun. It bared its large, sharp teeth before letting out a loud roar that shook the whole castle. 
 
Baekhyun’s whole body turned rigid, and that was the last thing he saw before he fell backwards to the floor, unconscious. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAI YOU GUYS. LOL. Sorry for not updating yesterday. I procrastinated on hw over the break and decided to do it yesterday xD. SO YEAAAHHH. Since school is tomorrow, I'm writing like the wind, so I can update over the week C:
 
BAAIII <3 ~