The Little Mermaid’s World Part 1: The Cover-Up

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 3*

Kris shot a look in the direction of the voice.

The intimidating voice came from a man who looked like a god. He had a long white beard with matching long white hair that flowed through the water. He had a blue tail that was still sparkling but had seemed to dull out over the years and was extremely tan. He had a gold crown sitting on top of his head and was holding this golden trident. Even though he looked old, around his 60’s, he had large muscles that looked like it could break a person’s face with a simple slap. He stared into Kris’s eyes, and Kris had to look away, fearing that his stare would burn his eyes off.

He looked back to the girl, who was still lying underneath Kris in their awkward position. “ARIEL. WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?” His loud voice caused a few fish to jump, look at them, and swim away quickly.

She looked at Kris and pushed him roughly off of her. He flew a couple feet before landing hard on his back again and coughed furiously at the impact. She swam upright and brushed the sand off of her.

“It’s nothing, appa,” she said in an uninterested voice.

Kris looked at the girl and the old man back and forth. *Whoa, he’s her father?* He examined the two emotionless people. *Well... They both have the same expressions and attitude.* Kris snickered to himself.

“NOTHING? WHAT IN THAT SCENE WAS NOT INAPPROPRIATE? THIS MALE,” He glared at Kris, who cowered away under his gaze, “WAS CUPPING YOUR-uhm-ahem-chest area,” he said uncomfortably.

Her eyebrow twitched at the memory and proceeded to glare at Kris also, who seemed to shrivel under both of their intense stares. “Don’t remind me,” she gritted through her teeth. *I should out his to appa and have him destroyed for being a former human... But... Maybe I should just punch him around a few times, so he’s learned his lesson for touching ME. I’m such a softie.*

“GOD DAMN IT! I KNOW YOU’RE A REBELLIOUS CHILD, BUT I NEVER THOUGHT YOU’D THROW YOUR BODY AT SOMEONE LIKE A !” His loud voice boomed through the water so loud that Kris could actually feel the vibrations of his voice from a couple feet away.

Her eyes turned dangerously bitter. “EXCUSE ME? I HAVE NEVER BEEN A ! HOW DARE YOU CALL YOUR OWN DAUGHTER A ! I KNOW BETTER THAN THE REST OF THE MERMAIDS OUT IN OUR KINGDOM. I WOULDN’T RESORT TO THOSE ’ LEVEL!” Her voice came out so cold that Kris swore that he saw some water turn into ice.

They both had a little glaring contest for a long while until her appa’s expression calmed a bit as a look of slight understanding appeared. “Kwon Kairi...”

Her eyes widened at the mention of her full name. *Oh, crap. He’s using my full name. just got serious.*

“Is this your way of telling me you have a boyfriend?”

Kris started coughing furiously again at the very idea that he was this rude ’s boyfriend. Kairi gagged and stared at her appa in bewilderment. “WHAT?!”

“Now I know why you always reject other mermen who court you. And why all of the suitors I set up for you are not to your liking. You already have a boyfriend! And a handsome one too! He looks like a young version of me.” He struck a pose that could only be seen in ancient statues you see in museums.

Kairi continued to stare at her appa with a weird expression. *WHAT? How could he think that this...this... Arrogant, idiotic human-merman thing is my BOYFRIEND?* She continued to think of more insults for Kris. *Wait a minute... I have an idea...* She looked over to Kris and stared at him. Kris took her stare as a plea to fix the whole situation. He shuffled around and staggered over to Kairi’s appa.

“Uhm, sir. This is a whole misunderstanding. We’re not-”

Kairi threw her arm over his shoulder and quickly clasped a hand over his mouth to shut him up. “Yes, appa. He is my... Boyfriend,” she expressed emotionlessly. Kris’s eyes widened in surprise and he started to mumble in protest, but she shot him an icy glare. *Play along, you idiot.* Luckily he got the message, and she could take her hand off of his mouth. They both looked over at the old man who clapped his hands together in joy.

“Oh, I knew Kairi’s sudden growth of happiness was suspicious! And now I know that it’s because of you, young man.” He gestured for Kris to come over to him. Kris hesitantly tried to approach him but still couldn’t get the hang of swimming, so he grabbed onto Kairi’s waist. She gave him a quick, annoyed glare before realizing what he was doing and swam him over to her appa. Her appa smiled and grabbed Kris away from Kairi by the shoulder. He laughed heartily like Santa. “Wah, you’re so handsome. I can see you as an addition to our family.” Kris smiled uncomfortably before turning it back into his face. “You even have our face! You’ll fit right in!” He patted his shoulder, which felt like a hard slap.

“Thank you...”

He let go of Kris’s shoulder, which almost made him drop to the floor, but luckily, Kairi caught him before her appa noticed anything. “Well, I’ll leave you two love birds alone.” Kris and Kairi caught eye contact with each other before moving their gaze somewhere else. Kairi’s appa turned around and started to swim away, but before he got far, he looked back and said to Kris, “Before you womanize, CONDOMIZE!”

Kairi’s eye twitched at her appa’s ridiculous statement while Kris just uncomfortably waved him goodbye. As soon as he was out of their view, Kairi let go of Kris, making him fall flat on his .

“Yah, is that any way to treat your BOYFRIEND?” Kris smirked at Kairi and received a punch in the arm. “OW!” He glared at her and rubbed his shoulder. “What was that all about? Why am I your ‘boyfriend’?”

Kairi merely sighed. “Let me teach you how to swim first.” She pulled Kris upright again before teaching him step by step how to swim with his newly found tail.

It took them an hour before Kris could swim properly. In that time, Kairi and Kris kept screaming at each other, and she kept throwing punches at him. By the end of it, Kairi could feel a vein in her forehead about to burst while Kris just glared at her.

Kairi started to swim in the same direction her appa went and looked back at Kris, uninterestedly. “Follow me.”

“’Follow me’ neh-neh-neh-neh-neh,” he mocked her words before swimming next to her side. For the whole swim, they didn’t say a word to each other. And they didn’t want to. They were still pissed off to even look at one another. Every now and then, their hands would brush against each other. They would both glare into each other’s eyes and inch a away from one another.

After a while, Kris spotted something sparkling in the distance. The fishes swam past them quickly, as if they had heard some news and had to rush over there. As they got closer, his jaw dropped at the picture in front of him. It was a whole city made out of coral, but it appeared translucent as glass. The sun coming through the water made everything seem like the whole city was sparkling clean. He could see colorful seaweed and plants lining the streets and building, along with other colorful coral.


(Just an image of the structure. Pretend it's all clear and made of coral and whatnot :3)

Before they entered the underwater city, Kairi stopped Kris. She looked at him and said, “Don’t talk to anyone when we go inside, alright?”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so, okay? Stop arguing with me and do what I say,” she said sternly.

Kris smirked. “Whatever you say, yeobo.” Kairi felt her eye twitch some more.

As Kris and Kairi were swimming down the street, lots of people stopped to stare at them.

“Oh, jeez. It’s Princess Ariel.”

“That .”

“Who is she swimming with?”

“He’s CUTE. Oh, my god!”

“Are they dating?”

A sea of whispers spread throughout the city, and before long, they were already the new hot topic. Kris glanced over at Kairi, who had a really bored expression on her face.

*Damn gossipers. Don’t they have anything better to do?* She thought bitterly.

A bunch of guys ogled Kairi as she swam by while glaring at Kris. One of the guys swam up to her and threw his arm around her shoulder. “Hey, Ariel. Wanna go out sometimes?”

She narrowed her eyes without bothering to look at him. “I already rejected you 7 times already. Can you just go away already?”

“Well, baby. I’m not gonna stop until I have you,” he said seductively.

Kairi’s vein on her forehead throbbed. She took his arm and roughly took it off of her skin. “Don’t touch me,” she stated with a bit of venom in her voice.

The guy laughed with his friends before setting his eyes on Kris. “Who’s this?” He asked rudely. “Is he your boyfriend?”

Before Kairi could strongly deny that Kris meant anything to her, Kris butted in. “Yeah, I am.” He wrapped his arm around Kairi’s waist, pulling her closer to him. “Who are YOU?” The people, who were watching this scene intensely, gaped at the sudden skinship and at the fact that Princess Ariel had a boyfriend.

*No way. He is touching me. NO. Get your hands off of me, you blond manwhore! UGH!*

The boy gawked at the “couple” before breaking into a sarcastic laugh. “So I know why you’ve been rejecting my advances. You already have someone to make you his.”

Kairi didn’t respond. She simply turned her back away from him and swam away slowly.

“You know, I’ve always thought that you were kind of a prude,” he yelled out as she got farther away, “but now I know that you’re just a !”

Kairi stopped abruptly before clenching her fists together. She spun around and approached the boy, who had a smug look on his face. Without warning, she gave him a hard punch in the face. The boy flew backward and was caught by the crowd.

“I don’t sleep with ANYONE. I’m not like YOU and the rest of this damn kingdom,” she gritted dangerously through her teeth.

The boy angrily stood up and raised his hand to slap Kairi. She boldly kept eye contact with him, and it provoked him even more.

Before he could make contact with her, Kris had grabbed his arm and twisted it behind his back, making the boy writhe in pain. Kris had a fire in his eyes that make Kairi raise her eyebrows in surprise. “Never lay a hand on a woman. You’re not a man if you do,” he hissed into the boy’s ears. Kris gripped his arm harder and twisted it some more. The boy screamed in pain. “Got it?” The boy nodded furiously, and Kris finally released his arm.

The boy swam away with his friends, away from the scene. Kris smirked and turned to face Kairi, but he saw that she had already swam far ahead of him.

He swam past the gawking people to catch up with Kairi, who ignored his presence and swam faster. Kris annoyingly followed her and grabbed her shoulder. “YAH! Kairi! Stop!” She continued to swim away while Kris tried to get her attention.

When they were out of view, Kairi punched Kris square on his arm. “OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!”

“‘WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!’ I told you not to talk to anyone! But NO! You went ahead and got in a fight with-”

“Excuse me! I saved your from getting slapped in the face! I defended you! Don’t I get SOME gratitude?” Kris narrowed his eyes at the stubborn girl.

Kairi pinched the bridge of her nose. “I know you’re trying to be noble and save the ‘damsel in distress’, but you know what? I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF! I KNOW WHAT I’M DOING! DON’T--IN!” She poked his chest menacingly. She turned around and continued to swim away, only to be followed by him again.

They finally stopped swimming when they reached a large palace that looked like it was made of silver and gold, but when Kris looked closely, it was only seashells and coral.

Kairi faced Kris again and crossed her arms. “This is the end of the road for you.”

“Huh?” He furrowed his eyebrows together.

“This is my stop, and I don’t expect to see you ever again. You’re not my problem anymore, and you can go return home now.” She swam up to the front door and knocked for her maids to come open it for her.

Kris couldn’t believe his ears. After all this time, she was throwing him away after using him as her pretend boyfriend to her father. He raised an eyebrow and mocked her stance, crossing his arms as well. Kris swam up behind her and whispered into her ear, “If you don’t help me get home, I will tell your father that you lied to him.”

Kairi froze, and chills ran down her spine at his voice. She turned around and looked at him incredulously. “What? Are you THREATENING me?”

“It’s not a threat. It’s a compromise.”

Kairi’s eye twitched even more at his smart comments. “ you.”

Before Kris could say anything, the door busted open, and a loud roar of a crowd met them both. They both got pulled inside of Kairi’s home by a blur of hands and saw a surprise party looking at them with awe. There was a banner behind all the guests that read, “Congratulations on your new relationship!”

Kris stood there with D.O. eyes and his jaw on the floor, and Kairi face palmed herself in stunning disbelief. “Oh, dear lord.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY YOU GUYS! :D

I know that some of you guys came from my Suho fanfic, so as a present for you guys, I have decided to make a continuation for it. ----------> The Days I Slapped EXO's Butts GO CHECK IT OUT :D

ON ANOTHER NOTE, OMG. I've been getting more subscribers every time I update now :D SAO HAPPY <3

But most of you guys don't comment =3= ... *SADNESS* COME ON, YOU GUYS T^T

Don't make me wait for comments! T^T

Do I have to do aegyo for you guys? T^T

BUT ANYWAYS. TO THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBED <3 (And actually comment...)

I shall leave you all again. :D BYYYEEEEE <3

HFUHEUYURHUQEHUJQGUDHUQAEHFU CAN I PLEASE LOVE YOU IN BED?! T^T

I SEE TONGUE. TONGUE. OMFG. KAI STOP BEING SUCH A TEASE T^T

 

OKAY BYE NOW. :3