Sleeping Beauty’s World Part 8: Reunited

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 44*

The five of them were packing up their belongings and were getting ready to move to the castle. Luhan brought the cardboard boxes outside as he was told, and he frowned at the growing number of boxes. *How on earth are we supposed to transport everything?*
 
As if Krystal read his mind, she came out with keys in her hand. She looked at the boxes and wrinkled her nose in distaste. “Why’d you put the boxes right outside the house? Why didn’t you put them next to the car?” 
 
Luhan looked at her, dumbfounded. “Car..?” 
 
Krystal rolled her eyes. “Yeah, a car. Do you not have cars where you live?” 
 
“N-no, we do! But I didn’t think that this world had modern technology.” 
 
“What? Because we live in the woods in a cottage, you thought we were in the 16th century or something? Well, you’re stupid,” she snapped. “We live in 2013! Get your head out of your .” 
 
Luhan glared at Krystal who returned it with her own glare. “Okay! I got it! You don’t need to be so y about it.” 
 
She rolled her eyes again. “I’ll show you where it is.” She started walking around the cottage, and Luhan followed close behind. When they emerged from the trees, Luhan spotted a large SUV sitting in the middle of the meadow. 
 
“You really do have a car.” Luhan eyed the car as if it was an alien object. 
 
“Uh, yeah. Duh.” Krystal rolled her eyes. 
 
“How come I never knew about it until now?” 
 
“We only use it when we go to the kingdom, but we’ve only been back there twice since we moved here.” She shrugged. 
 
Luhan glanced back in the direction where the boxes were. “Even if we do have a car, they all won’t fit in there.” 
 
Krystal sighed. “God, he’s stupid...” she muttered under her breath. “Did you forget that we’re able to do magic?” 
 
“You’re such a , you know that?” Luhan glared at her. 
 
Krystal’s eyebrows rose in surprise. “What did you just call me?” She gave him a cold look before taking off her earrings. “You’re going to die tonight.” 
 
She leaped into the air and was about to give him a piece of her mind, but out of nowhere, Amber appeared and grabbed the back of her shirt, pulling her back. “Just get in the car.” Krystal scowled before getting into the passenger seat. 
 
“What about the boxes?” asked Luhan. 
 
“Oh, don’t worry about it. I already got it covered. She patted one of the bags that she was carrying. “I shrunk them down and put them in here.” And then she pointed at the other bag. “And this carries all of our spell books,” she leaned in closer and whispered, “for after the wedding.” 
 
Luhan’s expression turned solemn and nodded curtly. “Right.” 
 
Hyewon walked towards them with Victoria leading the way with more bags, and Hyewon looked anything but excited. She glanced back at the cottage sadly and walked towards the car. She got inside without saying another word, and the fairies and Luhan looked at each other worriedly. 
 
They all piled into the car and made their journey towards the castle. 
 
Luhan sat next to Hyewon and stole glances towards her with concern. She leaned her head against the window and stared outside with a dead expression. *I’m getting married in a couple days. Unbelievable.*
 
 
 
 
Luhan jerked awake when he heard loud honks coming from outside. He opened his eyes tiredly and noticed that it was a bit dark. He looked out the window and saw that it was already nighttime. He yawned and was about to stretch, but he felt something pressing down on his shoulder. He looked over and saw that Hyewon was peacefully sleeping on his shoulder. 
 
Luhan watched as she fidgeted a bit in her sleep and continued sleeping. He blushed at the sight and turned away, his heart racing for some reason. 
 
Amber honked the car horn when someone tried to cut her off. Krystal stuck her head out of the window and yelled out, “HEY, IDIOT! GET OUT OF OUR WAY, WILL YA?!” 
 
Luhan chuckled and shook his head quietly. He felt Hyewon stir a bit, and he looked down to see her opening her eyes. She rubbed them with her fists and yawned cutely. She looked up to see Luhan staring at her. “Hi,” she shyly mumbled, embarrassed that he was watching her sleep. 
 
“Hi,” he replied, smiling at her. 
 
Hyewon lifted her head off of Luhan’s shoulder, to his discontent, and stretched her arms above her head. She glanced towards the window for a second before doing a double take. She rolled down the window and stuck her head out, marveling at the sight in front of her. 
 
Hyewon looked around at the wide avenues and the tall buildings. Her eyes widened at the expensive looking stores that they passed by, and the people who were going on with their lives. Her eyes sparkled in, what Luhan thought was, excitement. 
Luhan nudged her with his elbow, causing her to look over at him with wide doe eyes. “Yeah?” she asked, wanting to turn back to the window. 
 
“You look so amazed by the city,” he said, amused by her reactions. 
 
She bit down on her bottom lip. “Well, I’ve never been to the kingdom before... I’ve spent all of my life in the woods. I didn’t know what kind of things were in the kingdom. And seeing everything is kinda exciting, despite the reason why we’re here in the first place.” 
 
Luhan felt a slight blow to his heart when he realized that they were indeed there for a reason: to marry Hyewon off to the prince. His lips thinned a bit. “I see.” He chuckled a bit. “Are you excited to meet your parents?” 
 
Hyewon’s expression faltered a bit, and she looked down at her hands. “I don’t know... I mean, they sent me away... but it was for a good reason... But they’re also making me get married... I’m kind of conflicted on my feelings about them... I’ve always wondered what my parents would be like all my life though. All I know about them is that their names are Park Jinho and Lee Yunji, and stories that Amber, Victoria, and Amber told me.” 
 
“When you meet them, you can get to know them then.” 
 
She shrugged. “I guess.” 
 
Luhan looked at her forlorn expression and decided to change the topic. “Well, I’ll let you go back to looking at the city.” 
 
She looked at Luhan, and the sparkle in her eyes returned. She turned back to the window, and the first thing she spotted was a group of cute guys walking down the street. *Eh, they’re okay.* She blinked in surprise. Before if she saw a group of cute boys, she would be all over them, but now she didn’t even care for them. *What’s wrong with me?* She touched her forehead, and when she didn’t feel anything out of ordinary, she frowned. *I must still be tired.*
 
Another hour passed by when they began reaching their destination. “Okay, you guys. We’re almost to the castle!” Amber called out to all of them, who were almost dead from the long car drive. Hyewon looked out the window, and her stomach curled when she saw what they were heading towards. 
*A couple more days...* thought Luhan and Hyewon. 
 
They arrived at the front gate where they were stopped by the guards. Amber talked with them for a bit, and the guards’ eyes widened when they realized who they were. They quickly let them into the property. 
 
They parked in front of the front entrance, and Krystal was the first one to jump out. “Oh, my God! YES! WE STOPPED MOVING!” She looked up at the castle and clapped her hands together in joy. “HELLO, OLD HOME!” She threw her arms up in the air. 
 
Luhan and Hyewon stared at the fairy weirdly as they were getting out of the car. “I’ve never seen her... act this way before...” Hyewon said, mesmerized by Krystal’s actions. 
 
Victoria chuckled. “Yeah, she’s been really homesick these 20-something years. This is her home.” 
 
Hyewon looked down at her feet sadly. She knew that the fairies had to leave the kingdom to protect her. Knowing that Krystal gave up a lot for her made her feel unbelievably selfish for running away earlier. 
 
Luhan nudged her. “Hey.” She looked up at him and jumped in surprise when he tapped the bottom of her chin up. “Keep your chin up. Don’t be sad, okay? You’re a princess and soon to be queen. Bring your confidence out!” 
 
Hyewon blinked at him for a couple seconds before giving him a meek smile. “Okay...” 
 
An elegant looking woman came clambering out of the front door of the castle. Krystal whipped her head around and saw the woman. Her eyes widened, and she got down on one knee and bowed her head. “Your highness.” 
 
Victoria and Amber quickly followed Krystal’s lead. “Your highness. We have arrived.” 
 
The woman looked at the three with a loving gaze and told them to rise. The fairies did what they were told, and to their immense surprise, she tackled all of them in a hug. “I’m so glad you’re all safe!” She backed up and smiled. “Have you been well?” 
 
Luhan did a double take when he saw Krystal smile. “Yes, Queen Yunji. We’re all fine.” 
 
Luhan saw Hyewon stand up a bit straighter as she stared at the woman with wide eyes. *Umma...*
 
The queen softly grabbed Amber’s shoulders and looked her in the eyes. “Where is my precious baby?” Amber turned her head and looked at Hyewon. The queen looked over and locked eyes with her, and Hyewon held her breath. 
 
It seemed like eternity passed before the two ran towards each other’s arms. The queen had tears streaming down her cheeks as she was finally reunited with her daughter. Hyewon unknowingly sprouted tears as well and tightened her hug. They were both overwhelmed with emotions, and everyone just stood by the sidelines, not wanting to spoil the moment. 
 
Luhan watched the scene quietly, smiling at how happy Hyewon looked at the moment. He watched as they reluctantly parted from the hug and started talking to one another. He examined the queen’s features. *Wow, she’s beautiful.* Time didn’t seem to have touched her as she looked quite young for her age. *She’s beautiful like her daughter...*
 
The queen glanced over at Luhan and tilted her head curiously at him. Hyewon followed her gaze and realized that she was looking at Luhan. She waved him over to them, and Luhan gulped, walking over to them. 
 
Hyewon wrapped his arm around his and smiled at her mother. “Umma, I would like you to meet Luhan, my friend.” 
 
Luhan smiled and extended his arm for a handshake. “Nice to meet you, your highness.” 
 
The queen stared at Luhan with an unreadable expression, and it made him quite nervous. Her eyes flickered over at Hyewon and their intertwined arms. She gave him a soft smile and accepted his handshake. “Likewise.” She turned to Hyewon. “Why is he here though?” 
 
“Oh, he helped me greatly when I was living in the woods. It wouldn’t be good if we left him there. He has nowhere to go, and I wanted to repay him back.” 
 
The queen looked at Luhan gratefully and then surprised him when she threw her arms around his neck. “Thank you, Luhan. For taking care of my only daughter.” 
 
Luhan chuckled sheepishly as she pulled away. “No problem. Hyewon’s a lovely girl. I don’t like seeing her sad and helpless.” 
 
The queen laughed and cupped his cheeks. “Aigoo, you’re so cute. And you’re such a handsome boy! Luhan, are you single? I know a few duchesses who would gladly meet a fine boy like you!” she winked, making Luhan blush a bit. 
 
Hyewon frowned at the thought of a girl talking to Luhan and cleared . “Don’t be silly, umma. He’s not allowed to date. He’s a singer.” 
 
The queen’s eyes sparkled. “A singer? Handsome and talented! What a package! Would you mind singing for Hyewon’s wedding?” 
 
Both Luhan and Hyewon stiffened a bit at the request. “U-uh-uh-uhm I-I-” he stuttered. 
 
The queen realized what she said and covered . “We can discuss that later!” She grabbed Hyewon’s hands. “Come on, honey! I know that your father is dying to meet you!” 
 
The queen dragged Hyewon into the castle, and the fairies and Luhan looked at one another, following them into the castle. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOW, I think this is the first time I've ended a Luhan chapter on a light note! O: !!!!
But you know...... it's always calm before a storm O u O
 
Anyways, hope you liked the chapter C: <3