Sleeping Beauty’s World Part 7: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 38*

Luhan blinked blankly at the three fairies before bursting out in laughter. “No way. You couldn’t have found a way so fast.” 
 
The f(x) fairies exchanged anxious glances, even Krystal looked nervous. “No... We’re positive that we’ve found a way,” she said solemnly. 
 
Luhan continued to laugh. “I’m sorry, I don’t believe you.” The fairies stared at him seriously, causing his laughter to falter. “Y-you can’t be serious.” 
 
“We are. We’ve found a way,” said Victoria. 
 
Luhan shook his head. “But how?” 
 
Krystal grabbed him arm and pulled him towards the table in the living room which were strewn with open books. Luhan peered down and squinted at the books. Several of them wrote about moving through dimensions and dark magic. 
 
“Do you remember how we said that people from different kingdoms have a mark on them that tells us where a person comes from?” Victoria asked him. He nodded, vaguely remembering her mentioning that when they tried to send him back the first time. “Well, since you’re not from this kingdom or any other kingdom because you’re from another world, you don’t have the mark that the spell was looking for.” 
 
Luhan nodded in understanding. Amber continued explaining. “But! You do indeed have a specific mark. Our spell from before had accidentally uncovered that mark because it had slightly gone awry when we attempted it. From our memories combined, we were able to memorize that mark.” 
 
Krystal took a thick book from the table and held it up to Luhan’s face. He looked closely at it and didn’t know how to read it because it was in a different language. “I know that this doesn’t mean a thing to you, but this page told us the answer. We isolated your mark by researching it in this book and found it in this page.” She pointed at a small drawing that looked a little bit like Earth. “Your world is really weird. It’s a lot bigger than our world. And we’re rather interconnected.” 
 
Luhan shook his head, trying to absorb all of this new information. “I don’t get it...” 
 
“Let me put it in Laymen’s terms for you.” Krystal grabbed both of his shoulders and looked him in the eyes. “You were sent here because someone from your world sent you here. Someone extremely, extremely powerful.” 
 
Luhan looked at them with surprise. “So my coming here wasn’t an accident?” 
 
The three of them shook their heads. “That’s what we thought at first, but then we noticed something about your mark,” Amber explained. “Your mark is fragmented. It’s been broken. And from what we can calculate, it was broken into six pieces, one being with you.” 
 
“What does that mean then?” he asked them. 
 
“It means that you’re not the only one that was sent to another world.” 
 
Luhan’s eyes widened in realization. *S-so the other members are here with me too?* “M-my friends. Five of them were with me last before I woke up here. Are you saying that they’re here with me now, and I didn’t know about it?” He started to get hopeful. He had missed the members terribly and was ecstatic about the possibility of getting to see them again. 
 
The fairies exchanged glances with each other. “Actually, no.” 
 
Luhan’s face fell, grief-stricken. “B-but I thought you said-” 
 
“We said that you’re not the only one to be sent to another world, but we didn’t say that they came to THIS world. We did some spells to check, and no one from our world has your mark,” said Victoria. 
 
“There’s a catch on going home though,” Krystal suddenly said, grabbing Luhan’s attention. “You can’t return directly to your world. You can only return back when all five pieces are reunited.” 
 
“So you’re saying.... that I have to find my friends first before I could ever return back?” The fairies nodded solemnly. Luhan wanted to pull his hair out with frustration. “How am I supposed to do that?! I have no idea where they are!” 
 
“We tried locating the other five fragments, and we think that we found one of them,” said Victoria. “We plan on sending you there, so you can find your friend. Then send the two of you to the next world and so on and so forth.” 
 
Luhan nodded in understanding. “I see...”
 
Amber had a question bugging her. *Who was the powerful person who could send six people to six separate worlds?* “Where were you last before you woke up here?” 
 
“The orphanage,” he almost said immediately. He blinked, surprised at himself. He didn’t like to admit it, but he thought about the mysterious place every once in a while.
 
The fairies’ eyes widened. “No wonder. People's powers are strongest when they’re a child.” 
 
Krystal shook her head. “Did these kids know what they were doing when they did this?” 
 
Victoria shrugged. “I have no idea. They may have, but then again, they’re kids. They could’ve been influenced into doing this.” 
 
Amber rolled her eyes. “Okay, stop going into conspiracy theories.” 
 
Krystal turned to Luhan and crossed her arms. “Are you ready to go yet or what?”
 
Luhan was about to accept, but then images of Hyewon began to cross his mind. He looked out the window, towards the direction where she was probably waiting for him. He looked at the fairies, who looked back with anticipating expressions. They were shocked when he shook his head. “No... I think I’m going to stay.” 
 
“What?” Krystal deadpanned. 
 
“I said I’m going to stay,” he said more confidently. 
 
A silence filled the room before Krystal leaped into the air and tackled Luhan to the floor. “YOU . DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WORK AND RESEARCH WE DID FOR YOU?!” she yelled as she was punching Luhan around. 
 
Amber and Victoria pried her off of Luhan, and she flailed around their arms. “NO! LET ME GO! I’M GONNA LET HIM HAVE A PIECE OF MY MIND!” 
 
“Krystal Jung!” Amber yelled. Krystal looked at her. “Calm down.” Krystal huffed in anger a little bit more before calming down a little bit. 
 
“Why, Luhan?” Victoria asked him curiously. “I mean, weeks ago, you were so eager to get back home. Why do you want to stay now?” 
 
Luhan bit his lips. “Well, it’s not like I’m going to stay here forever... But,” he glanced over at the window, “I’m going to stay for Hyewon. Just until after her wedding. And then I can leave.” 
 
He knew that somewhere out there, s were wanting to go back home. They could be miserable for all he knew. A few days more wouldn’t hurt. He knew he was being selfish. He had a way to get home, and he didn’t immediately use the opportunity to use it. But he didn’t want to leave Hyewon when she was about to enter her most vulnerable state. But he wasn’t going to stay forever just for her. He had to go back for the boys. 
 
Amber and Victoria nodded in understanding while Krystal crossed her arms and scowled to herself. 
 
Hyewon walked back into the cottage and looked at the four curiously. “What’s going on?” 
 
They all jumped and scrambled to put their books away. Luhan gave her a big smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes. “Oh, nothing,” he lied through his teeth. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O u O ....