The Little Mermaid’s World Part 4: Anything for You

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 19*  

Kairi was in front of the Sea Witch’s cove. She twiddled her thumbs nervously as she stared at the huge boulder that supposedly hid the Sea Witch. *Am I doing the right thing?* She bit her bottom lip, her heart beating against her chest. She’s never felt so unsure about anything in her life, and she didn’t like the feeling. She raised her arm up to knock on the boulder, and her hand was shaking slightly. As if someone had been expecting her, the boulder magically moved aside and revealed an entranceway. Kairi hesitantly peered inside and took a deep breath before swimming inside, hearing the boulder slide back to its original position. 
 
As Kairi was swimming through the passage, she saw tiny little creatures on the sea floor, staring at her with sorrowful expressions on their faces. *Why do they look like that..?* One of them wrapped itself around Kairi’s wrist while the others tried joining, but she tore away from their grips and swam away before anything more could happen. 
 
She finally reached the end of the passage and entered a large room that looked like it had everything hoarded inside of it. She spotted a woman in the corner, and as she got closer, she could see that she had her back towards Kairi. Kairi observed the person carefully. 
 
The woman had long, wavy dirty blonde hair that swirled around in the water. It looked as if she was wearing a plain black tube dress, but it turned out to be part of her skin. Where the woman should have a mermaid tail, she had octopus tentacles crawling everywhere and multitasking for her. 
 
Without even turning around, the woman spoke up. “Welcome, Princess Kairi.” 
 
Kairi immediately tensed. “Sea Witch, how did you-” 
 
“Oh, princess. I’ve been waiting for you.” She turned around and gave Kairi a smile that seemed a little too big and happy. “And call me Hyorin, dear.” 
 
“Uhm... Hyorin. What do you mean by you’ve been waiting for me?” Kairi looked at the Sea Witch very wearily. 
 
Hyorin gave her another too-wide-smile and started swimming around the room. “It means exactly that, princess. I prophesized your coming.” 
 
“Prophesized..?” 
 
Hyorin nodded. “Yes. I looked inside my crystal ball,” she gestured over to a small, transparent orb that was sitting on a table in the middle of the room, “that you would need my help one day for something.” She opened her arms wide and spun around, her tentacles twirling along with her. “Welcome to my humble abode.” One of her tentacles pulled out a chair from a desk and patted the seat, telling Kairi to sit down, who complied. 
 
Kairi sat down and looked over at Hyorin uneasily as she too grabbed a chair for herself and sat down. “So. Sea W-I mean, Hyorin, do you know exactly why I’m here?” 
 
Hyorin pursed her lips and pretended to contemplate Kairi’s answer. “I have a general idea, but you can fill in the blanks for me.” Hyorin gave Kairi another killer smile. 
 
“Oh, well. I’m in love with a human...” Kairi muttered low under her breath, but Hyorin was able to hear her. 
 
“Oh, and you think I can help you with that?” Hyorin amused herself. 
 
“W-well yeah. You can do anything, right?” Kairi asked even more nervously. 
 
“That’s true,” Hyorin joked conceitedly before flipping her hair over her shoulder. “Well, I think I have a solution to your problem, princess...” One of her tentacles grabbed an old, thick book from the bookshelf and dropped it onto the desk. She opened it up and found the page in one try, her eyes skimming through the contents. “Let’s see, let’s see. Ah, here we go!” She gestured Kairi over to look at the book. 
 
Kairi glanced at the page, and it was all in a foreign language that she couldn’t read. “I can’t read this.” She shook her head. 
 
“Of course not, I wouldn’t expect you to,” Hyorin snapped a bit too sharply but quickly realized her mistake and made up for it with a “gentle” smile. “It’s an ancient language. I’ve spent years studying it.” She turned and faced Kairi. “It’s a spell. Very powerful, but has dire consequences if gone wrong.” She saw Kairi gulp a little bit and smirked a little. “But knowing me, I can do it for you,” she laughed cockily. 
 
“What’s the catch?” Kairi crossed her arms suspiciously. *I don’t particularly trust you.*
 
Hyorin gave a fake smile. “Catch? Whatever do you mean?” 
 
Kairi rolled her eyes. “What I mean is that you’re willing to do all of this for me for nothing in return? Pfft, please. I’m not that stupid. I’m the princess, of course there’d be a catch.” 
 
Hyorin’s eye twitched a little. “Well, there’s no ‘catch’, but there is a payment price for this.” Kairi rose her eyebrow for her to continue. “Well, because I’m using my time and effort for you, you have to give up something to me.” 
 
Kairi narrowed her eyes. “And what exactly do you want? Money? Un-banishment?” 
 
Hyorin cackled. “No, no, princess. What I want is your voice.” 
 
Kairi looked at her in surprise. “M-my voice? Why would you want my voice?” She caressed gently with care, with a forlorn expression on her face. 
 
Hyorin cocked her head to the side. “Your voice is so beautiful, princess. I’d be the catch of the sea if I had it.” She suddenly shut the book closed, making Kairi jump at the sound. “I mean, unless you want to keep your voice instead of getting love. Then I’m sure that’s totally acceptable.” She grabbed the book and turned to put it back on the bookshelf. 
 
As she was about to place it back, she head Kairi stutter out, “W-wait!” 
 
Hyorin smirked, her back still facing Kairi. “Yes?” 
 
“I’ll...I’ll do it.” 
 
Hyorin’s smirk deepened. *Poor, gullible little princess.* Her smirk turned into a sweet smile again once she faced Kairi again. “Let’s get started.” She reopened the book and re-read the instructions once more. “Oh, and one more thing I should tell you, princess.” She looked up at Kairi with an unreadable expression. “Once you see your prince, you must have him fall in love with you before the new moon comes out.” 
 
Kairi’s eyes widened. “But that only gives me 2 weeks!” 
 
Hyorin shrugged. “I guess you don’t want to do it.” She started closing the book again, but Kairi grabbed her wrist. 
 
“Wait, no!” Hyorin looked at her expectantly, and Kairi huffed out a great sigh. “I’ll do it.” 
 
Hyorin smiled and gestured Kairi to stand in the middle of a large, empty space. She scurried over to the desk, grabbed a small conch necklace from the drawer, and laid it on the surface. She opened the book and re-read the instructions once more. Then she began to chant. 
 
Kairi stood there, staring at Hyorin chant in a different tongue. She had a bad feeling brewing in the pit of her stomach, but she brushed it aside. 
 
She’d do anything for the prince’s love. 
 
Suddenly Kairi felt something tug inside of her. She shut her eyes and tried to ignore the feeling, but it felt like it was going to rip her apart. She gasped as a long string of white light floated out of and through the water, transferring over to the conch. Kairi gripped and suddenly felt empty inside. The water around her started to swirl and swirl and swirl until she was engulfed in a mini tornado. She shut her eyes, waiting for it all to just end. 
 
Kairi thought she heard someone yelling her name from the distance, but she was too immersed in the strange feeling in her tail. When she felt someone take her into their embrace, she snapped back to reality and stared wide-eyed at the person. 
 
“KAIRI! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” Kris yelled at her. 
 
Kairi was in such shock that Kris was there with her, she forgot to breath. 
 
In fact, Kris couldn’t breathe either. 
 
Kris started to panic as Kairi started to lose consciousness. He quickly found an opening in the roof of the cove and started swimming towards it. Below him, he could hear the Sea Witch cackling menacingly. 
 
Kris quickly swam towards the surface of the water as quickly as fast as his legs could go before Kairi and him drowned. When he finally broke the surface, he immediately started to breathe heavily, coughing out water that managed to get into his lungs. He threw Kairi’s arm over his shoulder and half-dragged half-swam to the nearby shore. 
 
When he reached the surface, he laid Kairi on the sand before getting on his hands and knees and panted in exhaustion. 
 
He took a quick glance towards Kairi to see if she was okay and froze. He turned his head slowly to look at Kairi again and found that she was stark . 
 
Kris yelped shamefully, and his face started turning a deep red. Kairi, slowly gaining her consciousness back, heard Kris’s yelp and turned her head. 
 
She furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion at what Kris was staring at. She stared at Kris back before trailing her eyes down and seeing something shocking. She looked down at her own body and gasped inaudibly, covering herself with her arms. She looked absolutely horrified and tried to scream but to no avail. Kris quickly ran over to her and wrapped something around her neck. 
 
The emptiness that was inside started to fill up again, and her breathing was audible again. Kris sighed in relief, but then Kairi screamed in his ear. 
 
She pointed at Kris with shaky hands. “Y-y-you! You have LEGS!” 
 
Kris just gaped at her for a while before calmly saying, “So you don’t notice that we’re both , huh?” 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haha I decided to end this on a lighter note since this chapter was uber long and dramatic =.=
 
Oh, and you guys don't know who Hyorin is, she's part of Sistar.
Just fyi. :33 I adore her and found her fitting to use. I don't hate her or anything ^-^