Beauty and the Beast’s World Part 4: Playfulness with Baekhyun

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 18*

“Is he okay?” 
 
“He’s a weak one. How could he have possibly fainted?”
 
“Well, the prince is quite scary. Especially when he roars like that.” 
 
“Oh, yeah. I guess I’m just used to it.” 
 
“Poor Baekhyun.” 
 
Baekhyun felt someone’s hand brush his bangs aside as the whispering continued. Baekhyun’s brow crinkled as his eyes fluttered open. His vision was fuzzy for a minute, and he had to blink a few times before it started to clear out. He could see that Aesook and a few furniture were looking down at him in concern. 
 
Baekhyun shut his eyes again and shook his head in disbelief. *I’m not crazy, I’m not crazy, I’m not crazy.* He reopened his eyes again, only to see that they were all still there. His face fell in shock. *So this is real?*
 
Aesook had a smile grow on her face. “You’re awake, sleepy.” Her eyes smiled along with her lips. 
 
Baekhyun found himself smiling back at her. “I am.” He sat himself up slowly with the help of Aesook. He noticed that he was sitting on a lavish bed with expensive looking sheets in a large room that looked like it belonged to royalty. 
 
Aesook plopped down on the bed and made herself comfortable. “I was worried! You’ve been out for like...two days now? I thought you had a concussion!” She placed her hands to her heart and had an expression that looked as if she just had a heart attack. 
 
Baekhyun gave her his signature eye smile. “Don’t worry, I’m not that weak.” 
 
She laughed softly. “That’s good.” 
 
“Ahem.” They both turned their heads and saw the furniture looking at them with cross expressions. “Aesook-ah, you should go spend time with Beast. He really enjoys your company, you know,” a drawer tried persuading Aesook. 
 
She nodded in agreement. “Hmm, I guess I should. I’ve been spending my time taking care of Baekhyun that I haven’t spent a lot of time with Beast lately.” She pouted and looked sad. “I’m so selfish.” 
 
“No, you’re not. Go. Go and make-uhm-Beast happy,” Baekhyun said weakly. But on the inside, he didn’t want to let Aesook go. 
 
Aesook smiled at him gratefully. “Gomawo, Bacon.” 
 
Baekhyun let out an amused laugh. “Bacon? Omo, not that nickname!” 
 
“Yes! Bacon!” Her eyes twinkled mischievously. “It’s so cute, right?” 
 
Baekhyun pouted, pretending to be upset by that nickname. “No, I don’t find it cute. I hate that nickname.” He crossed his arms and turned away from her. 
 
Aesook’s face fell. “Omo, Baekhyun-ah. I didn’t think you hated that nickname so much! What should I call you instead? Baekhyunnie? Baekhyun-ah? Baekhyun oppa? Or just Baekhyun?” Aesook rambled on. 
 
Then Baekhyun couldn’t help it and exploded with laughter and snorts. “HAHA-I GOT YOU G-GOOD-HAHAHAHA!” 
 
Aesook pursed her lips in playful annoyance. “Y-yah! BABO!” She pushed him, and he fell to the side onto the bed, clutching his stomach and laughing. 
 
Finally, Baekhyun started calming down and sat up again, wiping away an imaginary tear from the corner of his eye. He looked at Aesook with a solemn expression. “W-what?” Aesook asked, taken aback by his gaze. 
 
“Answering your question, I like both Baekhyunnie AND oppa. So call me Baekhyunnie oppa.” He smiled his eye smile even wider, showing off his pearly whites. 
 
Aesook blinked in surprise at his words before laughing and rolling her eyes. “WOW! You know, for that stunt, I’m just gonna continue calling you Bacon.” 
 
Baekhyun’s laugh faltered. “What? NO!” 
 
Aesook tugged at the bottom of her eye and stuck out her tongue. “MERONG! Too bad, Bacon!” 
 
Baekhyun pouted. “Not again...” 
 
“Haha don’t worry, I’m-” 
 
“AHEM!” Aesook looked back at the furniture, who looked even more cross than before. She gave them a confused look before formed an “O” shape. 
 
“OH! I FORGOT!” Aesook jumped up off of the bed and sprinted towards the door, but before she ran out of the room to go spend time with Beast, she stopped for a second and said, “Don‘t leave the room, arasso? You still need to recover.” Baekhyun was about to open his mouth to protest, but Aesook gave him a stern look that made him snap his mouth closed. She nodded in approval and left the room. Even though she had just left the room a couple seconds before, Baekhyun started missing her presence. 
 
The furniture saw his expression and exchanged a few nervous glances with each other. 
 
 
 
 
It was approaching afternoon, and Baekhyun stared at the ceiling of the room, bored to death. “Aish, I’m so bored.” He puffed his cheeks and blew his bangs out of his face. He started kicking his legs around underneath his blanket which ended up with him flailing around in his bed. In all of his flailing, he accidentally slipped off of the bed and fell first hard onto the wooden floor. “Ow...” He rubbed his sore and pouted. He pulled himself off the ground and dusted off his clothes. 
 
He looked around the room at the furniture slyly. The ones that were left to look over Baekhyun had all fallen asleep. He smirked a little and tip-toed over towards the door. “Kekeke...” 
 
“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” a female voice behind him said that made him shriek in fright. 
 
Baekhyun turned around and saw that the bed was looking at him nonchalantly. He placed his hand over his heart and sighed in relief. “Oh, my goodness. You scared me so bad.” 
 
The bed frowned at him. “Yes, you deserved it for messing up my hair,” she said, referring to the messed up sheets and blanket as a result from Baekhyun’s flailing. 
 
Baekhyun pinked slightly and stammered out, “O-oh, well I didn’t think you were-uhm-alive at the time.” He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. 
 
The bed rolled her eyes. “You can’t assume things like that. I mean, now that you’re here and know our little secret, you should know that almost everything in this house is alive.” 
 
“I know that now, but thank you for the info,” Baekhyun retorted sarcastically. 
 
The bed scoffed and rolled her eyes again. “Whatever.” 
 
“Wow, my bed has an attitude,” Baekhyun said while crossing his arms, amused. 
 
The bed chuckled. “Well, yeah. What do you expect from a teenage girl? Or in my case, bed.” 
 
Baekhyun’s eyebrows rose. “Teenager? Awwh, my dongsaeng!” He clasped his hands together and twirled around playfully. 
 
The bed rolled her eyes again. “You DO realize that you sleep on top of me every night, you e?” Baekhyun was taken aback by her comeback that he couldn’t even answer her back. “HA! Thought so, babo.” 
 
Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at the bed. “Whatever! Why am I here talking to you when I could be out of my room?” He turned around to leave again, but the bed stopped him again. 
 
“No! You can’t leave this room!” She cried worriedly. “The prince will get angry.” 
 
Baekhyun shrugged her statement away and looked behind his shoulder at the bed. “Don’t worry. It’s not like I’ll get caught.”