Cinderella’s World Part 5: Why is That Guy Here?

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 27*  

After that awkward-and painful-night, Sooyeon never seemed to stay in the same room with Kai. Whenever he entered the kitchen, she would go outside. When he went outside, she would go back into the kitchen. Kai pulled on his hair, frustrated at this girl. 
 
One morning, Kai was in the horse stables, feeding the horses their food. “What do you think, huh?” He petted the horse‘s mane. “Why isn’t this girl falling for me like the others?” The horse neighed loudly, as if it pitied Kai in his predicament. “Am I NOT a god, horsey? Do I not appeal to her?” The horse snorted as if it were laughing at him. “Don’t laugh at me.” Kai pouted as he finished his work and headed back into the house. 
 
He was about to go scrub the bathrooms when he heard the doorbell ring. He walked over and opened the door to see a clean, pristine, and short man at the door. He eyed Kai’s dirty figure up and down and wrinkled his nose in distaste. “Young man, are you the master of this house?” 
 
“U-uh, I am not.” 
 
The man frowned. “Well, stop wasting my time and get me the one in charge of this house,” he said rudely before stepping into the house, uninvited. 
 
Kai blinked at him before turning around and going up the stairs. He reached Jessica’s room and knocked on it timidly. “Who is it?” she called coldly. 
 
“E-eh, Jongin.” 
 
“Come in.”
 
Kai turned the doorknob and entered her room. She was sitting in front of her mirror and brushing her long blonde hair. She turned around and placed her brush down on the drawer. She rose a perfectly plucked eyebrow at him and crossed her arms. “Yes?” 
 
“There’s a man at the door looking for you.” 
 
“Who is it?”
 
“I’m not sure, but he was wearing-uhm-really fancy clothing?” 
 
Jessica’s face brightened at the sound of that. “Fancy, you say?” She brushed past him, wrinkling her nose at Kai’s odor, and began walking to the girls’ rooms. Kai followed behind her. 
 
Jessica knocked on the door and called out, “Sunny dear, are you pleasant?” Sunny replied with a loud snore from behind the door. Jessica frowned and opened the door. She strolled over to Sunny’s stretched out figure on the bed and slapped her awake. “Yah, yah, yah. Wake up! A possible suitor is at the door.”
 
Kai snorted to himself. *“Suitor.” Oh, goodness. I wouldn’t want to marry him if I was a woman.*
 
Sunny immediately lifted her head off of her pillow and looked at her mother groggily. “A suitor...?” She wiped the dribbling drool off of her chin and got up off of her bed. Jessica smirked at her daughter’s obedience and moved out of the room towards Sungmin’s room. She did the same thing with him, although it was a lot harder to wake him up. 
 
Jessica walked out of the room and almost collided into Kai. She looked at him in surprise then disgust. “Oh, YOU’RE still here. Don’t you have a list of chores that you should be doing right now?” she spat at him. 
 
Kai’s eyebrows rose, but without protest, he went downstairs and headed towards the kitchen. He passed the man by the door and gave him a bow, who merely rolled his eyes at the dancer. 
 
Kai entered the kitchen and found Sooyeon slaving over the stove, cooking everyone’s lunch. He tiptoed behind her silently and looked over her shoulder. “What are you cooking, baby?” he asked huskily into her ear. 
 
She jumped up in fright and fixed her glasses. “Yah, Kai-ssi. What do you think you’re doing?” 
 
“I was just looking over your shoulder to see what you were cooking,” he held his hands up in defense. Sooyeon rolled her eyes at him and continued cooking. Kai looked at her red face from the heat of the cooking food and mistook himself as the cause. “Well, whoa there, baby. No need to blush ‘cause I’m here.” 
 
She gave another eye roll at him. “Why are you in here? Don’t you have other chores to do?” 
 
“You sound like your stepmother, jagiya.” Kai smirked and leaned against the counter. 
 
She threw him a glare before turning back to the food. “That’s like the worst insult I’ve ever gotten in my life.” 
 
“Awwh, who could ever insult my jagiya?” Kai laughed but faltered a little when Sooyeon’s expression fell a bit. 
 
She cleared . “You didn’t answer my question. Why are you in here?” 
 
“I just wanted to be with you, babe,” she narrowed her eyes at the continuous use of pet names, “and plus, I don’t want to go out there. There’s some man talking to Jessica right now, and I don’t want to walk past them just to go clean the bathrooms.” 
 
“Really?” She placed the vegetables into the pan and flinched when the oil splattered and hit her skin. “Who is it?” 
 
Kai shrugged. “I don’t know. Some guy in fancy clothes. Jessica seemed to have been excited to meet him.” 
 
Sooyeon’s ears perked up. *She’s never excited to meet anyone unless they’re from...* Her eyes widened in realization. She turned the stove off and tore her apron off. She walked towards the exit with almost a leap in her fast steps. 
 
Kai, confused by her sudden actions, called out after her. “Where are you going?” She didn’t respond back and walked out the door. Kai shook his head and followed after her. 
 
Kai found Sooyeon hiding behind a pillar and looking at Jessica and the man talking. “Sooyeon-ah, what are you d-” Sooyeon placed a finger on Kai’s lips and shushed him. She pointed at Jessica and them and turned to eavesdrop on their conversation. 
 
“So are you content with all of the information I have given you?” asked the man. 
 
Jessica nodded. “Yes,” she batted her eyelashes and flipped her long hair off of her shoulder, making the man blush a little. “And you say you can get us special access to the prince?” she smiled flirtatiously. 
 
Sooyeon’s eyes sparkled. *So he really is from the palace!*
 
“N-neh, the king wants his son to find a proper wife, and I’m sure he’d want to meet,” he glanced over at Sunny and Sungmin who waved at him seductively, making him gulp loudly, “your CHARMING daughters.” He handed Jessica a roll of paper that was tied with a deep red ribbon. 
 
“Thank you, mister.” Jessica winked at him. He became flustered and bowed at her, exiting the house. 
 
Jessica turned to the two girls. “Well, girls. Time for etiquette lessons," she smirked deeply. "We’re going to a ball.” She walked upstairs to the piano room with the two following her, bickering on the way up. 
 
Sooyeon turned around, and Kai could see the twinkle of excitement in her eyes. She placed her hands on her cheeks happily. “We’re going to a ball!” 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Double update ^-^
 
Hehe, I always like writing KaiSoo's part in the story (HEHEHE YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE? ;DD). Kai's such a tryhard *sigh*, that boy. But Sooyeon, why you no like him? *O* ... Kai shows interest, and you reject him? Oh my goodness. There are girls out there who'd love to be you O;
 
Anyways, there have been a lot more people commenting *O* Even people who've never commented before (or at least rarely comment here) <3 I APPRECIATE IT, YOU GUYS <3 It makes me feel like my work is worth something to read hehe O u O <3
 
SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND LOTS O' LOVE TO YOU ALL~! <3