Beauty and the Beast’s World Part 6: Confessions

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 30*

After the whole incident, Baekhyun stayed true to what he was told. He never left his room, and when he did, it was because Aesook would be coming over. He avoided Aesook at all costs, and she didn’t know why. 
 
One morning, Aesook was walking towards Baekhyun’s room with a smile on her face. “I haven’t talked to him for a while,” she pouted, “and he lives in the same building as me, what the heck.” She reached his bedroom door and gently knocked on it. When no one came to the door, she placed her ear on the door and tried to listen for a sound. “Is he asleep or something?” 
 
She twisted the doorknob and opened the door, peeking through the crack. Her face fell, and she opened the door wider, revealing an empty room. Her shoulders slumped as she walked over and sat down on his bed. “Where is he?” she said dejectedly. 
 
The bed looked at her and rolled her eyes. “He’s not here, hun.” 
 
Aesook jumped at the sound of her voice but slowly slumped her shoulders again with her cheek resting on her hand. “I know he’s not. He’s never here,” she muttered. 
 
“Oh, don’t worry, Aesook-ah,” the wardrobe tried to console her. “You’ll see him eventually.” 
 
The bed snorted at the wardrobe. She knew exactly why Baekhyun didn’t want to spend time with Aesook anymore. 
 
“Neh...” Aesook got up and dragged herself out of the room. 
 
The wardrobe and the bed exchanged glances. “Yah! Why are you telling her lies?” the bed half-whispered, half-yelled at the wardrobe once Aesook was out of earshot. 
 
“Well, she’s a lovely girl. She doesn’t deserve to be sad because some boy is avoiding her,” huffed the wardrobe. “And plus, you know what the prince said! We gotta get her happy in order for her to stay with us.” 
 
The bed rolled her eyes again. “Okay. Aesook is sad BECAUSE of the prince. He’s the one that told Baekhyun to keep away from Aesook. All-in-all, it’s his own fault.” The wardrobe jumped onto the bed, making her scream. “AH! That hurt!” 
 
“Tch, you little teenage brat.” 
 
Meanwhile, Aesook was walking aimlessly through the halls. She sighed sadly. *Did I do something wrong?* She walked past a window and merely glanced out of it. She did a double take and pressed herself against the glass. Out in the garden, she could spy a figure walking around in the snow. *Baekhyun!*
 
She sprinted down the hall towards the stairs. Her smile began to grow again, and she leaped into the air with joy. She was too excited to slow down when she ran down the long staircase or to even think about wearing a jacket. She burst out of the front door and ran towards the garden, not even caring that she was sinking into the deep snow. She trudged though the snow as fast as she could, and then when she reached the garden, she happily yelled out, “BACON!” Her wide smile was immediately wiped off of her face.
 
He was nowhere to be found. 
 
“B-Baekhyun?” she called out again. Her voice echoed throughout the courtyard. “Baekhyun?” Her shoulders slumped in disappointment. 
 
Baekhyun was breathing heavily behind some bushes that he had sprinted to. He closed his eyes, trying to catch his breath. He opened his eyes and peeked over the bushes. He could see Aesook looking all around the garden for him.
 
His heart leaped at the sound of Aesook calling his name. He sat back down and leaned against the bushes, not caring that the snow was soaking through his clothes. He closed his eyes and slowly raised his arm and touched his heart. *Stop it, Baekhyun. Idols aren’t supposed to have these feelings for anyone.*
 
 
 
 
Nighttime had fallen, and everyone had gone to bed and were being visited by dreams. 
 
Except for Aesook. 
 
She opened one of her eyes to check if everyone was fast asleep. When she saw that they were, she quietly slipped out of her bed. She tiptoed towards her door and snuck out of her rooms. With a flashlight, she walked through the house towards Baekhyun’s room. 
 
When she reached his door, she could see light coming from the cracks of his door. She smiled. *He’s awake!* She opened the door and peeked in. Her eyes softened at the sight of a passed out Baekhyun sprawled out on the bed with a open book on his chest. 
 
She tiptoed over to his bed and chuckled quietly. She glanced at the title of the book and giggled. “Oh, Bacon. You’re such a dork. You’re reading Cat in the Hat.” She took the book off of him carefully and closed it, placing it on the sleeping desk next to the snoozing bed. She noticed a bit of drool dribbling from the corner of his mouth, and she stifled a laugh. She grabbed a few tissues from the desk and tried to wipe away his drool as carefully as she could without waking him up. She then grabbed the blanket and draped it over him. He shifted a bit before becoming still again, his nose twitching a little. 
 
Aesook kneeled down beside the bed and looked at Baekhyun sleeping peacefully. He mumbled something in his sleep, and Aesook smiled at his cuteness. She brushed his hair away from his face, and he shifted again slightly. Aesook withdrew her hand away quickly. *I should go now.*
 
She got up onto her feet and turned around, tiptoeing towards the door. She was about to grab the doorknob when Baekhyun mumbled her name. “Aesook-ah...” 
 
Aesook turned around, surprised. “Is he awake?” She walked over to the side of his bed again and looked down at him. His eyes were closed, and his breathing was too even for him to be faking. She scratched the back of her head in confusion. “Huh, I guess he was just sleep talking.” 
 
She turned back around again when Baekhyun mumbled something else. “I...I like you...” 
 
Being dense, she cocked her head to the side. *Wonder who he’s talking to.* She continued walking towards the door when the next couple of words he mumbled made her stop in her tracks. 
 
“Aesook-ah...I like you...” 
 
Aesook spun around and looked at him in shock, her eyes widened and jaw dropped. “He-he didn’t just say-” 
 
“Aesook-ah...I like you...” he repeated again. 
 
*Baekhyun-ah... Please don’t say that.* Aesook shook her head in denial. *He can’t be possibly talking about me.* But her heart kept doubting her thoughts. 
 
Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed together, and his peaceful face turned disturbed. “I can’t...Idols...can’t date...these feelings...impossible...” 
 
Aesook closed her eyes and covered her ears, shaking her head. *No, no, no!* She looked at Baekhyun, and her heart thudded against her chest.
 
She didn’t like the feeling. 
 
She spun around again and ran out of his room, not caring whether she would get caught or not. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Poor Aesook ;O; .. she has to be confessed to in such a bad way. And Baekhyun =O= STAHP DENYING YOUR FEELINGS. LET IT HAPPEN. ;O; ...
 
Winter break is halfway over for me ;O; ... /CREYS/ It went by too fast, in my opinion. And when school starts, I'm gonna go back to updating less again ;O; would you guys miss me? ^-^ Well, DON'T WORRY. I'm still gonna update and write like THE FREAKING WIND for the time being :33
 
Have a nice afternoon ^-^