The Little Mermaid’s World Part 2: Talking is for the Stupid

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 7*

“Kairi honey! I can’t believe you got yourself a boyfriend!” 
 
“Uh, thanks.”
 
“What’s your name, handsome?”
 
“Uhm. Kris.” 
 
“Kairi! Congrats on your relationship!”
 
“Uh, do I know you?”
 
It was chaos. Everyone who was there congratulated the “happy couple”, and the two couldn’t be any less happier. Kairi tried walking through the immense crowd towards her father, leaving Kris surrounded by a sea of merpeople (A/N HAHA GET IT? “SEA”). 
 
“APPA!” Kairi shrieked, and everyone in the room became deathly quiet. 
 
Her father, who was talking to one of the guests, turned his head and smiled broadly. “Kairi!” She swam over to him and glared at people to get away from them. “You’ve arrived!”
 
Kairi just stared at him with a disapproving frown. “What is the meaning on this?” 
 
His eyebrows rose in surprise. “What? We just wanted to celebrate your new relationship!”
 
“Was it necessary to invite the entire kingdom?”
 
“No, don’t be silly! The entire kingdom isn’t here! They’re coming later...” He mumbled under his breath, but Kairi caught it and glared at her father. 
 
“APPA! MAKE EVERYONE LEAVE NOW!”
 
“No! That’d be very rude of us! We’re hosting a party! We can’t make everyone leave when it just started!”
 
She backtracked a little bit. “‘Very RUDE’? HA! Appa, you know what would be even MORE rude? If I pulled out my swords and chopped everyone up into sushi. Now how does that sound, father?” She leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, giving her father a challenging look. 
 
“You wouldn’t do that,” he chuckled, but he seemed a bit uncertain about Kairi’s words. 
 
She rose her eyebrow and gave her father a “Go-Ahead-And-Try” look. 
 
“Hehe... Oh! Look, honey!” He tried to change the subject by turning their attention to Kris. “You might wanna get your man away from those girls. You don’t want competition, do you?” 
 
Kairi looked over at Kris, who was being bombarded by people who wanted to know how he managed to capture the heart of Atlantica’s very own princess. She swam over towards Kris and caught a few words of their conversations.
 
“So Kris, what’s the secret to your flawless skin?”
 
“Lots of skin products,” he replied coolly. 
 
“What do you like in a mermaid?” A busty blonde girl flirtatiously fluttered her eyes and winked at him. 
 
Kris rose an eyebrow. “Well, I’ve yet to know what I like. Maybe I’ll find out later.” He looked at the girl, who seemed to like what he said. *I hope this pisses Kairi off later. Haha!*
 
“How’s Kairi in bed?” A scrawny boy asked curiously. Everyone’s ears perked up at the question, and they listened in to the scandalous gossip. 
 
Kris smirked at the question. “Well,” he chuckled as the whole crowd leaned in closer in anticipation, “she’s-AH!” He yelped out loud in fright. 
 
Kairi suddenly appeared in his sight, with her hands on her hips and a pissed off expression on her face. “I’M WHAT?” She asked through gritted teeth. 
 
Everyone around her began to back away from her. They knew about her reputation about her anger. They didn’t want to be caught in the middle of that. Kris, not wanting a broken nose, stuttered out, “Uuhh nothing! Nothing, honey!”
 
Kairi’s eye twitched violently at his pet name, and the vein on her forehead looked more prominent than before. “Move, .” She roughly shoved Kris aside, making him fall to the floor, and she quickly swam upstairs. 
 
The castle vibrated when a loud sound of a door being slammed shut traveled into the living room. 
 
 
 
Everyone swarmed into the dining room and gaped at the enormous room. It was the size of a ballroom, and a chandelier in the shape of a ship hung from the ceiling. One long table was placed in the middle of the room with shiny new china. 
(1st: It's just a layout of the room, so you could see how big it was. 2nd: the chandalier I saw and was like "WHOA!")
 
Everyone started sitting down. The king sat at the end of the table; his wife sitting at his right, and he gestured Kris over to sit on his left. Immediately, the servants came out with plates of food and placed them in front of everyone. 
 
The old man gestured to one of the servants to come over towards him. He leaned in near the servant’s ear and said quietly, “Can you go bring Kairi out of her room please, so she may join us for dinner?” The servant nodded in response and swam towards Kairi’s bedroom. 
 
The queen placed her elbow on the table and looked at Kris with a motherly gaze. “So Kris.”
 
Kris looked up from his plate. “Yes, Mrs. Kwon?” He asked politely. He was cold, yes, but he wasn’t the type of guy that would disrespect elders. 
 
“When do you plan on marrying Kairi?”
 
Kris, who had taken a drink of water, starting choking furiously, and the king patted his back with his superhuman strength, making Kris cough even more. “Uh-uhh excuse me?”
 
“I asked when you were planning on marrying on my daughter.”
 
“Uhh...uh...I-I don’t know. That’s a bit premature, don’t you think?” Kris shifted in his chair, uncomfortable. *I‘d never marry that witch.*
 
“No, of course not! Not if you love her! You do love her, right?”
 
Kris stayed silent and looked down at his food. He wasn’t going to lie about loving Kairi. He barely knew the girl, and love is a serious matter. He wasn’t going to go that far in the lie. 
 
The queen just looked at him curiously. “Ah, I see. You just started dating, right? You two can’t have possibly fallen in love yet.”
 
“But maybe you two will become like us someday!” The king butted into the conversation. 
 
She smiled, and the corners of her eyes crinkled; a sign of old age. But the king’s look towards his wife was anything but old. He gazed at her like he was a love struck teenager. Kris gave a small smile at the two loving adults. *How cute. When would I ever feel that?*
 
The servant that the king had sent out before came swimming back towards the table, his eyes darting back and forth in panic. The king noticed his return and said, “Oh! Where is Kairi? You were supposed to return with her!” The servant leaned in and whispered into the king’s ear. The smile of his face slowly faded away into a look of outrage. He slammed his fists down on the table, causing all eyes to be on him. 
 
“WHAT?! KAIRI’S RUN AWAY?!” 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uhm. Hai. LOL. :D
THANKSGIVING BREAAAKKK, ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY?! I KNOW I AM HEHE