Aladdin’s World Part 1: Caught

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 4*

“Oh really? She’s YOUR sister?” The old stand clerk asked suspiciously. His grip was still tight on the girl’s arm.
 
“Yes!” The so-called “Aladdin” lied. “She’s my sister.”
 
The old man narrowed his eyes at him. “Well, that’s nice to know, but what’s gonna be done about that unpaid apple that your ‘sister’ ate?”
 
“Well, sir. I apologize about that apple, but we just don’t have the money to pay you. But the thing is, my sister, “ he pointed at the girl who was looking at Aladdin weirdly, “she’s not entirely right in the head.” Her jaw dropped at his insulting statement. 
 
The old man raised his eyebrow. “What do you mean by that?”
 
“Well, she was bumped on the head when she was younger. And ever since then, she’s been thinking that she’s the princess of Agrabah.” Aladdin gave her another look for her to play along. 
 
She spotted a small monkey that was sitting right beside Aladdin. She got out of the man’s grip, got on her knees, and starting bowing to it. “Oh, dear sultan! Dear father!” She praised the monkey, who seemed to have been acting like it was a god. 
 
Suho, who was still in the background, was watching this whole scene as if it was a TV show, but he kept staring at the boy’s face. *This boy looks familiar...* Suho was racking his brain trying to figure out where he’s seen “Aladdin”. *Where have I seen you before..?* 
 
Aladdin feigned embarrassment at his “sister” and picked her up onto her feet because she was starting to attract some bystanders. “Sis, you’re so embarrassing.” He chuckled nervously and hid her behind his back. “Well, we’re gonna carry on now.” He slowly started to walk backwards, away from the man. “So sorry for taking up your precious time.” He grabbed her hand and started running away down the street with the monkey following close behind. Suho also started closely following them. 
 
They stopped running when they reached a small, tattered building and led them upstairs to the roof. He grabbed this long wooden board that was lying on the floor and positioned it, so it was connecting to the other building’s rooftop. The monkey jumped onto it first, followed by the others. They continued to race to wherever Aladdin was leading them.
 
They finally reached this small building that no one would ever pay attention to because it was so tattered and broken down. Everyone collapsed from all the running and needed to re-catch their breaths. 
 
Suho collapsed against the wall and looked out the window (or more like the hole in the wall). He could see the whole city, and the palace was far away, glistening in the sun. *Why does this seem so familiar...?* 
 
When everyone caught their breath, the room became awkwardly silent. 
 
Aladdin shifted uncomfortably. “So uhm... What‘s everyone’s names?” He asked, trying to make pleasant conversation. 
 
Jasmine and Suho both jumped at the sudden sound of his voice. “Uhm... I’m Joonmyun but call me Suho.” Suho softly smiled.
 
Aladdin nodded his head in consideration. “Hi, Suho. My name’s Youngmin.”
 
Suho cocked his head to the side. “I thought you said your name was Aladdin.”
 
Youngmin chuckled. “Well, Aladdin is my street name. Youngmin is my real name.” 
 
*Your name....sounds so familiar.....along with your face.* After thinking about it for a couple seconds, the light bulb in Suho’s head lit up. “OH! I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!”
 
Youngmin looked at Suho strangely. “Really? Uhm... How?”
 
“You’re my sunbae! You’re in the group: Boyfriend.” Suho smiled politely at his sunbae, feeling a bit awkward knowing that he was older than Youngmin.
 
Youngmin gave Suho an even more confused look on his face. “What?”
 
Now it was Suho’s turn to be confused. “You-you ARE Jo Youngmin, right?”
 
Youngmin started backing away from him suspiciously. “I never told you my last name.” He grabbed a broken broom handle and directed it towards Suho. “Who are you, and how do you know me?”
 
Suho’s eyes widened in surprise, and he backed away slowly from a menacing-looking Youngmin. “Calm down.”
 
“HOW DO YOU KNOW MY FULL NAME?! ARE YOU-ARE YOU A PALACE GUARD?” Youngmin yelled at Suho. 
 
Jasmine, who had been spacing out the entire time, looked at Suho, frightened. *Prison guard?* She stood up and hurriedly ran over to Youngmin and hid behind him. 
 
Suho looked at her in shock. *Does no one trust me?!* 
 
“Y-yah!” Jasmine chirped from behind Youngmin. “A-are you really a palace guard?” Youngmin started to back away towards the exit. He was ready to flee if it was necessary. Jasmine shuffled her feet, trying to keep up with Youngmin’s steps. 
 
“What? No! I’m not a-a-uhh palace guard! Whatever that is,” Suho muttered the last few words. 
 
Youngmin narrowed his eyes at Suho suspiciously. “You sure about that?” He looked him down up and down. *He looks too neat and pristine to be from the street*
 
“Yes, I’m sure! I don’t even know where I am, let alone work here!”
 
Jasmine peeked over Youngmin’s shoulder. “Yeah, I don’t think he would be a palace guard. He’s a bit lanky and has no muscles,” she said bluntly.
 
Suho’s mouth fell open at her comment. “Rude.”
 
She shrugged. “Just stating the truth.” She moved from behind Youngmin towards a torn and battered couch in the corner and plopped down on it. “I mean, have you seen the palace guards? They’re freaking buff!”
 
Youngmin rose an eyebrow at Jasmine. “And how would YOU know what they look like? They rarely come out of the palace.”
 
“Uhh uhh...” Her eyes darted around, panicked, trying to think of an excuse. “I was walking past the palace once when the gates were open and caught a glimpse of them once.” She nervously shifted her eyes somewhere else.
 
Youngmin didn’t suspect anything from her actions, but unfortunately, Suho did. “Oh, okay.” As dense as Youngmin was, he went over to the couch and plopped down, throwing his arm around the suspicious girl, who shot him a blank look. He looked over at Suho. “Oh, sit down,” he said carelessly before averting his attention back onto the girl.
 
Suho awkwardly walked over to a single, wooden and sat down. He stared at Youngmin, making googly eyes at Jasmine, who stared at him like he was crazy. He laughed a little on the inside. *Oh God. Youngmin is so infatuated with her.* His eyes turned a bit serious. *This isn’t good. K-Pop idols aren’t allowed to be this close to others.* He silently observed the two as they “interacted” on the couch. 
 
Jasmine, who felt a little uncomfortable with Youngmin’s closeness, spoke up. “Uh, so!” She suddenly stood up, making Youngmin fall into her empty spot. “You!” She pointed at Suho, who looked at her in surprise. “Where are you from?”
 
Suho blinked a couple times. “Uhm. Seoul.”
 
She turned her head curiously to the side. “Really? That’s a bit... far.” Then she narrowed her eyes at him. “Actually, that’s REALLY far.”
 
“Is it? Huh.” Jasmine nodded. Suho looked at her curiously. “Your name is Jasmine, right?” 
 
She opened and was about to answer, but the monkey jumped into the room and started shrieking.
 
It bounced around the room before landing on Youngmin’s face. Youngmin cried out and tried to pull the monkey off of his face. “AHH! ABU! GET OFF!” He yanked the shrieking animal off and threw it on the floor. It scrambled around on the floor before latching itself on Youngmin’s tattered vest. It looked like it was pointing at the exit, as if there was something coming. 
 
“What’s with you?” Youngmin grabbed the hysteric monkey and took it outside, leaving Jasmine and Suho alone.
 
They just sat in awkward silence before Suho broke the silence. “So you said that we were far from Seoul, right?”
 
“Yeah, why?”
 
“Well, where are we?”
 
“Do you not know what this city is called?” She asked defensively. *I love this city. This is my home. How can anyone not know where we are?*
 
Suho shook his head. She rolled her eyes. “We’re in Agrabah, of course!”
 
Suho stared at her with the most dumbfounded look ever. *Agrabah...*
 
Aladdin.
 
The monkey.
 
The city.
 
*Oh. My. God. WHAT?* 
 
She waved her hand over Suho’s face. “Hello? Anyone there?” He continued to stare into space, letting the gears in his brain work things out. 
 
Youngmin walked back into the room, looking a bit irritated. “Stupid monkey...” he mumbled under his breath. He looked at a steaming Jasmine and glanced over at Suho. “What’s wrong with him?” He asked, confused on how things changed in the short amount of time since he left the room. 
 
“I have no idea. I told him we were in Agrabah, and he just froze.” She poked Suho’s cheek. “Yah.” She continued to poke his cheek while saying, “Yah.” 
 
After a few minutes, Suho still remained unresponsive, and Jasmine looked back at Youngmin with a questioning look. He merely shrugged in response. She huffed in annoyance and leaned in right next to Suho’s ear. “YAH! ARE YOU DEAD?!”
 
Suho jumped and accidentally slipped off the chair. He laid his eyes back on Jasmine and Youngmin and saw them in a whole new light. “Jasmine...Aladdin...” His eyes widened in pure shock. “Oh, my God.”
 
Jasmine smacked the back of Suho’s head. “Yah. What’s wrong with you?”
 
All Suho could do was gape at the two, with his mouth wide open. He tried to speak, but it seemed that he couldn’t form any words. “Y-y-yo-you-I-I-can’t-wha-I don’t-”
 
Jasmine furrowed her eyebrows at Suho on the floor and rolled her eyes while walking back to the couch. “Weirdo.”
 
She plopped back onto the couch, and Youngmin instantly sat next to her. “So. What’s your name, beautiful?” Youngmin shamelessly flirted. *She certainly is more beautiful up close than from far away*
 
“Jasmine,” she replied flatly. 
 
“Really?” He rested his head on his hand and leaned against it. “That’s a beautiful name.”
 
“Thanks.” She shifted her attention somewhere else, feeling uncomfortable again. She looked back at Suho, who still stared at them both blankly. 
 
Not wanting her attention to drift, he started a new topic. “So uh, did you hear?”
 
She tore her attention away from the grandpa leader and turned her head back towards Youngmin. “Hear about what?”
 
“Word on the street is that the princess of Agrabah escaped this morning. Everyone’s looking for her.”
 
Jasmine froze, and it felt like her blood turned to ice. “O-oh?” She mentally smacked herself for stuttering and looked at Youngmin, who didn’t notice a thing. 
 
“Yeah.” He changed his position into a more comfortable one and had a hard look on his face, much to her surprise. “I don’t know why anyone would want to leave the palace. She has everything she wants, yet she chooses to leave.”
 
*Everything she wants, huh? Haha...everything but her freedom.* “W-well, she could’ve had her reasons, ya know?”
 
Youngmin snorted. “What reasons could she have? Her daddy didn’t give her the car that she wanted? She hated being pampered and treated like someone important? HA!” She winced at his blatant insults. “She’s probably just a spoiled brat throwing a fit.”
 
Jasmine couldn’t help but throw a small glare towards Youngmin’s direction. “Why do you assume she’s that way? You don’t know her.”
 
“I don’t need to know her. I know EXACTLY how those people are. They don’t care. They spend money on everything. On stuff that they don’t even NEED. In their lavish palace. While the rest of Agrabah starves to death and barely gets by. I don’t think I need to explain why I don’t need to know her. Or any of them. They’re all the same,” he bitterly spat out. 
 
Jasmine stayed silent while staring down and tugging the end of her shirt. *I didn’t know...people thought that way about us...*
 
Youngmin noticed the tenseness in the air and scooted closer to her. “Hey.” She looked up at him. “Sorry for the rant. I hope I didn’t make you uncomfortable.”
 
“No... It’s okay...” Her words trailed off, and she desperately tried to change the subject. “Uh, I wonder why this idiot is still like this.” She poked Suho’s head, who still gave her a blank stare. “Yah, speak.”
 
He blankly blinked before speaking. “S-sorry. I can’t think right now.”
 
She gave him a weird stare. “Why?”
 
“Uhm... Nothing.” He looked away from her. *They’ll think I’m crazy.*
 
Suddenly, the monkey ran back into the room, even more frantic than before. It clung onto Youngmin even more tightly and tried to lead him towards the exit. “Oh, my gosh. ABU! STOP!”
 
“What’s wrong wit-” Suho was cut off by a series of loud, running footsteps towards their hidden room. 
 
“What is that?” Youngmin said with a serious tone. His eyes widened when he realized what was happening. “Oh no!”
 
Before anyone could react, the door to the room was broken off of its hinges and crashed to the floor. In came a group of large men with an air of authority. Jasmine shrieked in fright as they grabbed Youngmin and Suho by the arms and twisted them behind their backs. 
 
One man came in with a large, deathly looking sword and pointed it towards the two frightened men. “YOU ARE ARRESTED FOR THE KIDNAP OF THE SULTAN’S DAUGHTER, SONG ARA.” 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LONG TIME NO SEE, YOU GUYS. 
 
Oh. My. God. I AM SO SORRY, YOU GUYS. I REALLY REALLY REALLLLLYYY TRIED UPDATING, BUT I NEVER HAD TIME TO WRITE. SCHOOL'S BEEN SO MEAN TO ME. ;-; I just wrote this chapter last night because I didn't wanna do homework .-. THIS IS FOR YOU!!!
 
Uhm. So yeah. Since I know that I will probably never have enough time to write anymore, I'm making edits to this story. I had originally planned for this story to go on for a really long time, but now, I'm cutting out some parts from the original plotline. 
 
And also, I'm making the chapters shorter. Because each chapter on Word is 3-4 pages, but now I'm gonna make them 2-3 pages. I really can't write in long chapters nowadays. And this makes it so much more easier for me to update.
 
I hope you guys missed me and this story! Thanksgiving break is coming up, I SHALL WRITE. DON'T YOU GUYS FRET. I WILL NEVER ABANDON THIS STORY <3
 
New readers: SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND MUCH LOVE TO YOU ALL!~ <3