Sleeping Beauty’s World Part 6: No Words

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 32*

Luhan couldn’t bear to look at Hyewon. His chest hurt too much that looking at her would amplify the feeling. “Y-you love him, huh?” 
 
Hyewon looked at him with a questioning expression. *Why is he acting like this?* She shook away the thought. “Yes, I’m in love with him.” A small smile began to tug at her lips. 
 
Luhan glanced over at her and saw that her eyes were sparkling at the thought of the man. He gulped as the feeling in his heart multiplied 100 times. “So he’s your boyfriend?” 
 
Hyewon shook her head. “No, he’s not. We were never into labels like that. We were just in love with each other, and that’s all that matters, right?” 
 
Luhan could feel a lump in his throat and had difficulty speaking. He let out a coarse, “Mhmm.” 
 
Hyewon sighed and sat down next to him. “Well, anyways. I can’t see him anymore,” she whispered sadly while staring at the stream. 
 
Luhan felt his heart feel a bit lighter at the thought of the two not being together again. He realized what he was thinking and shook his head in disapproval. *What’s wrong with you, Luhan? You’re awful for thinking that.* He looked over at her and saw her depressed expression. He bit on his bottom lip nervously. “Well, you’re getting married. It would make sense to not see him anymore,” he said as an attempt to comfort her. 
 
She heaved a deep sigh and hugged her legs, placing her head on top of her knees and looked at Luhan with almost dead eyes. “Yeah, I know. And I’ve come to peace with that. It’s just,” she turned her eyes back towards the stream, “he’s getting married too. And even though we’ll never be together again, it’s nice to know that I have the option of going back to him if I wanted to.” She closed her eyes, and a single tear fell. 
 
Luhan’s heart constricted at the sight of her tears. He reached out and grabbed her face, wiping away the tear with his thumb. “Don’t cry.” 
 
He laid her head on his shoulder and started singing EXO’s song, “Baby Don’t Cry”. 
 
As he was singing to her, more tears began to fall down her cheeks, and a light sob escaped her lips. Luhan ran his fingers through her hair and held her close. He caressed her back soothingly as she hugged him tight, as if letting go would be the death of her. Soon, her sobs began to get quieter, and all that he could hear were small sniffles. 
 
He didn’t know how else to comfort her, so all he could do was just hug her and tell her that everything was going to be alright. Even if he didn’t believe his words himself. 
 
 
 
 
The next few weeks, Luhan and Hyewon didn’t bring up the incident at all. They pretended that it never happened. And it was fine with them. 
 
The f(x) fairies were bustling around the house, trying to get ready for all of them to start traveling to the castle. 
 
“Amber, did you pack the clothes?”
 
“Yes, Victoria.” 
 
“Krystal, did you pack the spell book?”
 
“Yeah.” 
 
“Amber, where are the bags?” 
 
“Living room.” 
 
“KRYSTAL, WHERE’S THE FOOD?!”
 
“In the fridge! Geez, chill out.” 
 
The fairies were strung out with stress, and Luhan and Hyewon didn’t want to get caught in the crossfire when their anger explodes. The two usually spent their times together outside by the stream, and during that time, they had gotten closer and closer and became good friends. 
 
“Yah, Hyewon-ah.” 
 
She tore her attention away from the book that she was reading and glanced over to Luhan. “Hmm?” 
 
He grabbed the book out of her hands and raised it up above her head. “Stop reading! You’re such a bookworm!” 
 
“Yah!” She jumped up onto her feet and jumped, trying to get her book back. 
 
Luhan laughed at her as he towered over her. “You’re such a shorty,” he teased and stuck his tongue out at her. 
 
Hyewon pouted in frustration. “Give me back my book!” 
 
“No! You weren’t paying attention to me when I was talking,” he whined with a pout too. 
 
“Awwh, poor Luhan’s not getting attention,” she teased in a baby voice. “Well, too bad I don’t listen to babos.” 
 
“Bwoh? Babo? I’m not a babo, bookworm!” 
 
“I’d rather be a bookworm than a babo,” she said while still jumping to get her book back. 
 
“Come on, Hyewon-ah! Don’t be so boring!” His eye suddenly twinkled. “You should dance with me!” 
 
She gave him a look. “I don’t want to dance with YOU.” 
 
He touched his chest as he feigned a wounded expression on his face. “That hurts, yeobo.” 
 
She wrinkled her nose. “Ew, did you just call me yeobo?” She laughed and shook her head. “I think I liked ‘bookworm’ better.” 
 
Then out of nowhere, Luhan threw the book down onto the ground and wrapped his arms around Hyewon’s waist. She shrieked when he lifted her up and twirled her around, and she wrapped her arms around his neck. “Yah! What are you doing?” 
 
“We’re dancing,” he rolled his eyes as if what he was doing was absolutely normal. 
 
She glared at him. “It takes two to tango, Luhan.” She shut up when he twirled around faster, holding onto him tighter, so she wouldn’t fall. 
 
He smirked down at her. “Oh, look. Hyewon’s all scared.” 
 
She continued to glare at him. “Yah, you wanna let me down now?” 
 
“Okay.” He gently let her down, and she thanked the gods that she could stand again. 
 
“Yay! Thanks, Lu-” 
 
She was cut short when he took one of his arms away from her waist and latched onto her hand. He pulled her closer, her head almost colliding into his chest, and began to dance again. 
 
“Yah, yah, yah! W-what do you think you’re d-doing?” Hyewon stuttered, trying to keep up with his footwork. *Aigoo, he’s so close to me.*
 
“You said that it takes two to tango, so,” he looked down and pierced through her eyes with his gaze, “we’re tangoing.” 
 
She smacked his chest with her free hand. “Yah, you’re stupid.” 
 
“You’re friends with me, so therefore you’re stupid for being friends with someone stupid.” 
 
She rolled her eyes. “My goodness, you’re so weird.” Luhan laughed, and Hyewon soon joined in. 
 
They continued dancing and twirling around together until they both heard someone clear their throat. They turned their heads and saw the f(x) fairies looking at them with unreadable expressions. “Having fun there?” Krystal rose an eyebrow at the two. 
 
Hyewon realized that she was still really close to Luhan, so she quickly pulled away from him, much to his disappointment. She scratched the back of her head and averted eye contact with Krystal. 
 
Krystal ignored the girl’s actions and looked at Luhan. “We need to talk to you.” 
 
Luhan looked at them in surprised. “About what?” 
 
“You’ll know when you come with us,” snapped Krystal before spinning around and walking back towards the cottage with the Amber and Victoria. 
 
Luhan looked over at Hyewon, who shrugged, not knowing what the fairies wanted to talk about. “I’ll be back.” She nodded in understanding and sat back down on the grass, grabbing her book and continuing where she left off. 
 
Luhan made his way back to the cottage and walked inside. He found the fairies standing in the middle of the living room, and they turned and stared at him seriously. “So what’s up?” Luhan said nonchalantly. 
 
“We think we found a way to send you back home.” 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
 
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNGMIN FROM SUPER JUNIOR <3 dfhuusdhaue MAH HUBBY <3