Sleeping Beauty’s World Part 5: It All Hurts

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 26*  

Luhan was lying on the couch and staring at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep. He was too deep in thought. *I wonder how the others are doing... Do they miss me at all? Are those crazy kids doing okay?* He sighed and closed his eyes again. *How am I supposed to go home? The girls don’t even have an answer on how I got here, let alone how to get back.*
 
He changed positions on the couch, so that he was lying on his side again. He wiggled uncomfortably before moving around again. He sat back up and grumbled in annoyance. “Ugh, I can’t sleep.” 
 
Suddenly, he heard some noise coming from upstairs. He stared at the ceiling as if he could see right through it. “What was that?” When he heard no more noises, he reluctantly laid back down and pulled his blanket up higher. “Maybe I’m just going crazy,” he mumbled. 
 
Then another sound came from upstairs, and Luhan shot up from the couch. “Okay, something’s going on here.” He carefully tiptoed upstairs, careful not to wake up the f(x) fairies. He shuddered to think of what would happen if he faced a sleepy, cranky Krystal. He tiptoed down the hallways, putting his ear on the doors to see where the sound was coming from. Luhan heard another sound, and it came from Hyewon’s room. 
 
Being the dense person that he was, Luhan grasped the doorknob and opened the door to Hyewon’s room without thinking about what she could be doing. He peeked inside, and his face fell. He pushed the door wider and saw no one inside, and he scratched his head in confusion. *Where was the sound then?*
 
A sudden breeze whirled around Luhan, and he shivered and rubbed his arms. He looked over and found the window wide open, curtains flowing in the night wind. Luhan’s eyes widened when he realized the situation. *Oh, my God. Not again.*
 
He flew down the stairs as quietly as he could and ran out of the cottage. He looked around all over for Hyewon. *Where is she?* He looked down at the grass and saw a couple of footprints leading inside the woods. He followed the footprints into the woods, ignoring the fact that it was nighttime, and everything screamed SCARY!
 
The moonlight shone down on him as he walked down the familiar trail. *Isn’t this the same way she went last time she tried running away?* He finally reached the place where he woke up and saw Hyewon’s figure glowing in the moonlight. Luhan smiled and was about to run up to her when his smile started to fall. *Who is THAT?*
 
Hyewon was talking to a man, who was shrouded by the shadows. “Hyewon-ah, I missed you,” the man called out. His voice was tender and caring, and it made Luhan’s stomach stir a little. 
 
“I missed you too,” Hyewon whispered sadly. 
 
“These are out last days together... Before we both get married off to someone else,” he reached out and caressed her face gently. 
 
A single tear escaped, and she closed her eyes tiredly. “I know.” 
 
“Can we just stay here forever? And not give a damn about what happens?” From what Luhan could hear, the man sounded like he was going to break down. 
 
“I wish we could, oppa. I really wish we could.” She opened her eyes and stared into the man’s eyes. She grabbed his hand gently, not wanting to let go. 
 
“Then I guess we better make the best of tonight.” 
 
Hyewon smiled, and the man cupped her face, leaned in, and kissed her.
 
Luhan blinked at the intimate moment and didn’t know what to make of the situation. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly and slowly walked away from the scene. He trudged his feet back to the cottage, and suddenly, he felt a small pain in his right hand. He looked down, and his eyebrows rose in surprise to see that his hand was clenching so tight that the whites in his knuckles were showing. He unclenched his fist and winced in pain when he saw that his fingernails had dug into his palm and broke the skin. 
 
He shook his head and shoved his hands in his pockets, ignoring the pain that wasn’t coming from his hand. 
 
 
 
 
The next morning, the f(x) fairies had told Luhan that they were working on a way to get him back home as soon as possible. Luhan just nodded without listening to a thing they said and walked outside the cottage.
 
For the next couple hours, he was lying down on the grass next to the stream and staring at the sky with his hands behind his head in deep thought. He didn’t know why, but the kiss between Hyewon and that man kept replaying in his head. He shut his eyes tight, trying to shake the memory away. 
 
Then he felt something light land on his chest. He opened his eyes and saw Hyewon hovering over him with a smile that didn’t seem to reach her eyes. He looked down on his chest to see that she placed an envelope there. He took it into his hand and looked at it curiously. “What is this?” 
 
She played with her thumbs and wouldn‘t look at him. “It’s my wedding invitation.” 
 
A surge of anger struck him. *She’s getting married.* The thought kept repeating in his head. *She’s getting married. She’s getting married. She’s getting married.*
 
She kneeled down next to him and patted his arm. “I really hope you come, Luhan. It would mean the world to me if a friend was there with me,” she croaked out. 
 
The area where Hyewon patted Luhan’s arm tingled a bit, and he shifted away from her touch. He merely sighed, “I just wanna go home.” 
 
Hyewon’s eyes widened slightly. “Please come. The chances are you going back home soon are slim. And I really want you to have a good time, especially after all that you’ve been through.” 
 
Luhan sighed again and covered his eyes with his arm. “Fine.” The memory of the kiss repeated over and over in his head again. 
 
He could hear her voice brighten a little bit. “Great,” she smiled. 
 
She stood up and was about to head off to the cottage. The question inside of Luhan disturbed him to his very core, and finally he couldn’t take it anymore. He sat up and called Hyewon’s name, and she turned and looked up at him. “Yes?” 
 
“Who was that guy?” 
 
Her expression turned confused. “What are you talking about? What g-”
 
“That guy you were with last night.” Luhan’s jaw tensed as he saw her expression fall. 
 
They stared at each other for who knows how long. “How did you know?” she breathed out quietly. She clenched her fists onto the fabric of her dress. 
 
“I saw you talking to him last night.” Luhan looked away from her. 
 
“Oh,” was the only thing that left her lips. She looked down at her feet in shame. “So does that mean you saw the-”
 
“Yeah.”
 
Hyewon bit her bottom lip and didn’t know what to do in this awkward situation. 
 
“You never answered my question,” Luhan spoke up, still not looking at her. 
 
Hyewon looked at him with wide eyes. “W-what?”
 
Luhan turned his head and pierced her with his intense eyes. “Who was he?”
 
Hyewon looked down and fidgeted uncomfortably under his scrutinizing stare. “That... That’s the man who I was planning on running away with.” Luhan’s eyebrows rose in surprise. “He’s the man that I’m in love with.”
 
And in that moment, Luhan didn’t know why, but he felt his heart drop a little. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, my goodness. Poor Luhan O; .... 3
 
Who is the man that Hyewon shared a kiss with? Will he appear again? Will Luhan ever figure out what's wrong with his heart? Will he ever get back home anytime soon? Is Hyewon going to go through with the wedding? What will happen next? STAY TUNED WITH THE SHOCKING RESULTS!
 
Hehehehehehe. O u O <3 sorry for not updating yesterday. Being Christmas and everything, I couldn't update hehe. But to make up for it, I'm gonna update again in a couple hours O u O DON'T WORRY, MAH BABIES. I GOTCHU <3
 
SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND LOTS O' LOVE TO YOU ALL~! <3