The Little Mermaid’s World Part 7: Meeting Him

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 37*

Kris stared at Kairi with awe. *Her voice... It’s beautiful...*
 
The people, who had stopped to stare at her, listened to her smooth voice. A small crowd started to form around the two of them. They were hypnotized by her alluring voice and wanted to hear more. More people started to gather to see the beautiful girl with the beautiful voice. 
 
The moment Kairi had started singing, she forgot where she was. She closed her eyes and fell into her own little world. She placed her hand on her stomach and sang her heart out. All of the tension and worries inside of her slowly started to melt away. 
 
Kris gazed at her. He could tell that she was really passionate about singing, and that she really loved it. He could tell by the way her shoulders relaxed to the emotions she poured into the song. Kris was captivated. 
 
She finished the song with a flourish and slowly returned back to Earth. The crowd held their breath before clapping and cheering for her. She opened her eyes, surprised by the response and attention that she was getting. People lined up and dropped wads of money in her hat, and Kairi bowed at them gratefully. 
 
Young boys ogled her as they unknowingly dropped large amounts of money in the hat. The girls glared at her with hate, jealous of her beauty and talent, and gave her pocket change. The boys glanced over at Kris and glared at him, thinking that he was her boyfriend. The girls gathered around him, drooling over him and trying to get his attention. 
 
But Kris’s attention wasn’t on them; his eyes and attention never left Kairi. 
 
The crowd quickly dispersed, as if they all remembered that they had somewhere to go. 
 
Kairi grabbed her hat, which was almost overflowing with money. She quickly walked over to a bench, Kris quickly following her with his small group of fangirls. The two sat down, and Kairi quietly started to organize and count the money. 
 
She occasionally threw glares at the girls surrounded Kris with annoyance. *Can they just shut up for a moment?*
 
Kris smiled uncomfortably under the girls’ hungry stares. He looked around, avoiding their eyes, and saw one man across the street, looking over in their direction. More specifically, at Kairi. He stared at Kairi with a scrutinizing gaze. Kris looked at the man and saw that he was wearing expensive looking clothes. He emitted a bit of a charismatic aura that even Kris couldn’t compete with. Kris nudged Kairi, making the girls pout at their small skinship. “Yah.”
 
She was still counting the money when she threw him a glare. “What?” 
 
“I think you may have a stalker.” 
 
She looked at him weirdly. “Uhm, you’re crazy?” 
 
“Oppa’s not crazy,” one of the girls said, cutting into their conversation. The other girls agreed along with her. 
 
Kairi looked over at the girls and glared at them. “YAH!” she snapped, causing them to widened their eyes in fright. “CAN YOU GO AWAY?” The girls scurried away from the steaming girl. 
 
Kris sighed in relief. “Thanks.” 
 
“I didn’t do it for you. I was just annoyed by those stupid girls,” she scowled. 
 
Kris gave a teasing look. “SURE, that’s why.” She threw him another glare before turning back to her money. 
 
Kris turned his head back to the man, who was still in the same spot, looking at the two of them. Kris frowned and nudged Kairi again. 
 
“WHAT?” she screamed at him. 
 
He nodded at the man discreetly. “Over there! That guy’s staring at you. I‘m telling you! I‘m not crazy! He‘s really there!” 
 
Annoyed, Kairi turned her head and tried to look for the man that Kris was talking about. She found the man and locked eyes with him. She yelped before turning away, her cheeks quickly turning red. Kris, bewildered by her reaction, gaped at her. “What the hell was that?” 
 
Kairi looked over at Kris with wide eyes. “T-th-t-that-that’s,” 
 
“That’s...?” 
 
Kairi kept stuttering and could barely get her words out. Kris grabbed her shoulders, making her face him. “Breathe! Calm down!” 
 
Kairi listened to him and breathed in and out. She opened again. “That’s the-the prince...” she whispered. 
 
Kris looked at the boy in surprise. “What? Really? The one that you’re in love with?” 
 
She shyly nodded and bit her lips. Kris was flustered by Kairi’s personality change. He was so used to her tough attitude that he didn’t know what to think of her giving off a school-girl-in-love aura. 
 
He looked over at the man and crinkled his face. “Why? He’s not that cute. Psh, I’m better looking than him.” 
 
Kairi snapped her head and glared at Kris, punching him hard in the stomach. “Do you want to die?” she hissed. 
 
*There’s the girl I know.* Kris clutched his stomach as he fell of the bench and onto the ground. 
 
A shadow covered Kairi, and she turned her annoyed self towards the person blocking her sun. She froze when she saw that it was her love looking down at her. “Is he causing you any trouble?” He gestured over to Kris, who was still writhing on the ground in pain. 
 
“U-uhm NO!” she screamed too loudly, making the prince’s eyebrow shoot up. 
 
“Oh....” He glanced over at Kris. “Is he your boyfriend?” Her eyes widened at his assumption, which he took as a yes. “I see. Well, I guess I’ll see you later.” 
 
“NO!” Kairi screamed. She covered with her hands. *Stupid, stupid girl. Play it cool.*
 
The prince turned around and looked at her with mild surprise. “He’s not?” Kairi saw the corners of his lips twitch. 
 
She stared at his lips for a bit before Kris hit her leg, bringing her back to reality. “Wha-uhm, no! He’s not. He’s just a...” she glanced at Kris, who was now observing their conversation. “He’s just a friend.” 
 
The prince nodded slowly. “I see...” He stared into Kairi’s eyes, making her a bit uncomfortable and lower her eyes. “I have a question for you.” 
 
She looked up at him. “Yes?” 
 
“Are you...” he paused hesitantly, afraid of what she might think of him. “Are you, by any chance, the girl who saved me from drowning a couple of weeks ago?” 
 
Kris looked at Kairi with surprise, whose eyes sparkled with hope. *She did what?*
 
Kairi sheepishly nodded. “Y-you remember...” 
 
The prince’s eyes lit up at his savior. “I could never forget that voice.” 
 
The two looked at each other with loving eyes, and Kris felt bad for being in the middle of it. He looked at the prince and quietly observed him. 
 
*Huh... he looks familiar...* Kris swore he’s seen the prince somewhere before, but he didn’t know where. Everything about him wanted to scream out the answer, but Kris just couldn’t get it. 
 
The prince took Kairi’s hand, which she delightfully accepted. “What’s your name?” 
 
She blushed a little. “Kairi.” 
 
The prince smiled. “Beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” Kris gagged a little bit at the corniness. “I’m Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong.” 
 
Then it clicked for Kris. *G-DRAGON. G-ING-DRAGON. WHAT IS THIS?!* He gaped at the rapper with a dropped jaw. *HOW CAN THIS BE?!*
 
“Where do you live, Kairi-ah?” Jiyong asked her. 
 
She flushed. “Uhm-well, Kris and I are actually.... homeless at the moment...” she said, ashamed to tell the love of her life that. 
 
Jiyong’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Really? Well, that just can’t do. Come with me to my castle.” 
 
Kris and Kairi looked at him with surprise. “N-no! That’s okay! Really, I-I-” 
 
Jiyong raised his hand to stop her from talking. “No, I insist. Anything for the girl who saved my life,” his eyes flickered over to Kris, who saw an unreadable emotion in Jiyong’s eyes, “and her friend.” 
 
Kairi, who was completely elated to notice anything, nodded with a smile on her face. “O-okay.” 
 
Jiyong held her hand as they walked down the street towards his castle. Kris quickly grabbed their money and stuffed it into his pockets before running after them. 
 
Kairi was too busy staring at Jiyong with heart-shaped eyes to notice Kris following them like a third wheel. Kris scowled at the way she was acting. *This is gross. This is so unnatural. Ew. Why does she have to look like that?*
 
Jiyong turned his head and looked at Kris, with what almost looked like a threatening glare. Kris faltered a bit and slowed his gait, keeping a safe distance from the two reunited lovers. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
O u O G-ing-Dragon, you guys MWUAHAHAHA. I LUB THIS MAN UNTIL THE DAY I DIE. OKAY. MY ULTIMATE BIAS OF AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIMMMMEEEEE! 
 
HE'S LOVELY, ISN'T HE?! <3 ASDFGHJKL <3 ~