Sleeping Beauty’s World Part 3: This Feminine and Caring Prankster

Why is My Happily Ever After With EXO?! [Hiatus]

*Continuation from Chapter 14*

*Aish, this girl runs fast,* Luhan thought as he was hot on Hyewon’s trail. 
 
They have been running for who knows how long. Even so, Hyewon seemed to never get tired from all the running she did. Luhan, however, was starting to get sweat stains under his armpits. He wrinkled his nose in disgust. *I’m too pretty to sweat.*
 
Finally, Hyewon stopped running and doubled over, coughing hysterically. She tried catching her breath through her heavy pants. Luhan, who was leaning against a tree, trying to regain his own breath, silently walked over to her and grabbed her wrist. She shrieked in surprise and stared at Luhan with D.O eyes. 
 
“W-what are you d-d-doing here?” She stuttered out. *I thought I snuck out with no one seeing me!*
 
Luhan gave her a stern look, but Hyewon could see concern in his eyes. “What do you think you’re doing? Running away? How childish.” 
 
Hyewon had hurt flash across her face before turning away from him. “Childish, huh? What do you know? You don’t know me. You don’t know what I’m going through.” She started blushing at how long Luhan’s been gripping her wrist. *Bad girl! Don’t blush! This is a serious situation!*
 
“I may not know what you’re going through, but running away is never the answer. That’s just an easy answer around your problem.” 
 
“Well. I guess I want to go around my problem, don’t I?” She tried to yank her wrist back, but Luhan tightened his grip even harder. 
 
He looked at her with a straight face, so different from his usual, angelic face. “You’re going back home and staying there.” 
 
She pulled even harder. “NO! Don’t make me go back there!” 
 
“Do you understand what would happen if you leave? Don’t you think Victoria, Amber, and Krystal will miss you? Where would you go, huh? Where do you plan on going? What if something happens to you? What will you do then, huh?” Luhan interrogated Hyewon. She stopped struggling and remained quiet. She mumbled something under her breath that Luhan couldn’t catch. “What did you say?” 
 
She looked up and met his eyes with her own teary eyes. *Oh crap, she’s crying again,* Luhan thought. He felt his heart drop a little; he hated making people cry, especially girls. 
 
“No one understands what I go through. What it’s like to not have anyone listen to you. What you want. What it’s like to be controlled every single day. Not have any freedom at all. I just want to go away, where I can be by myself. With just me.” 
 
Luhan’s grip softened, and he eventually let go. And suddenly, to Hyewon’s surprise, he grabbed her and pulled her into his embrace. She stiffened a little from the sudden contact. He patted the back of her head and gently shushed her. “Shh... It’s okay. You’re not alone out there. There ARE people who go through the same things. I sometimes go through that. But like I said, running away is never the answer. You’re still young. We’re still young. These never last forever. Just give it time.” 
 
Hyewon felt something drip down her face, and her hand reached up and touched it. She looked at her fingers and was surprised that it was water. She had started crying without even noticing it. 
 
They stayed in the position for a while before Hyewon decided to break away from Luhan. She wiped away the tears on her face furiously and looked up at Luhan, who looked at her with hope that she listened. 
 
She started walking back on the trail. 
 
Back to the cottage. 
 
Luhan began fist-pumping the air in success and broke out in a wide smile. *Yes! She listened to me! I should be a therapist.* He ran towards Hyewon to catch up with her. 
 
He happily trotted along the path while Hyewon looked down at the trail dejectedly. She glanced at Luhan’s happy face and shook her head. *This boy. Kyeopta... OH MY GOSH, NO. HYEWON. NO.* “What are you so happy about?” Hyewon asked bitterly. 
 
Ignoring the tone of her voice, Luhan joyfully responded, “Oh, nothing.” Hyewon rolled her eyes, but before she could start to space out again, she heard him mutter, “But I convinced you to change your mind, no biggie.” 
Hyewon rolled her eyes again. “Don’t give yourself too much credit. You don’t wanna get a big head.” 
 
“Psh, at least I’m not a shorty like you.” 
 
“BWOH? EXCUSE ME?!” 
 
“Yeah, that’s right.” He gave her a cheeky grin. “Shawty shawty shawty shawty!” He shamelessly teased the girl. 
 
She scrunched up her face and pouted. *Aish, this boy! How dare he!* “You look like a girl!” 
 
“At least I’m more feminine than YOU.” 
 
Her jaw dropped like an anvil. “YAH! DO YOU WANNA DIE?” She glared at him. “Well, then what kind of a man are you? You’re not even a man! You have no manly qualities! You look like Bambi.” 
 
“Hey! I’m VERY manly!” Luhan pounded his fist against his chest like a gorilla. 
 
Hyewon snorted. “YEAH, RIGHT!” Luhan suddenly stopped walking and stared at her with an unreadable expression. Hyewon did the same and bit her lip. *Maybe I went too far..?*
 
But to her surprise, Luhan sauntered over to her and leaned close towards her face. She could feel his warm breath on her lips. She gulped loudly. “You don’t think I’m manly, huh?” he asked with a low, husky voice. His eyes penetrated her soul, and Hyewon felt like she stopped breathing. 
 
“U-uh-u-uh-uhm-I-uh-I-I-I-” Hyewon’s brain completely shut off. She couldn’t really make sense of the situation. It also wasn’t helping that there was an extremely handsome man breathing on her face. 
 
Luhan smirked for a few seconds before Hyewon began to see the corners of his eyes crinkle up. He started laughing like crazy and bent over, clutching his stomach. Hyewon stared at him, dumfounded. *Wh-what just happened?*
 
He looked up at Hyewon and was about to say something but ended up laughing some more. Hyewon steamed as she glared at the back of his head. “Y-y-you-HAHAHAHA-you looked-l-l-looked s-so nervous! HAHAHAHA! Y-you looked as if-I-I was-was going to ea-eat you a-alive! BWAHAHAHA!” 
 
Huffing angrily, Hyewon pushed Luhan over, making him fall on his . Still laughing, he lied down on the ground and started rolling around. He was clutching his stomach even tighter. “BABO!” 
 
The two continued to tease each other as they strolled down the path. Hyewon pushed all of her problems to the back of her head as she bickered with this feminine prankster boy. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hai, you guys! Sorry, for not updating these past couple days! Like I said, school = busy. =/
 
I would be SOOOOOOOO much more motivated if you guys commented ;D 
 
Well anyways. LUHAN AND HYEWON. HEHE. Hyewon's a bit of a downer, isn't she? At least Luhan knows how to comfort a girl *wiggles eyebrows* I realized that A LOT of my most recent chapters have been ending very depressingly. So I decided to end this chapter very light-heartedly. Especially since the Sleeping Beauty part of this fanfic has been mostly very dramatic and melancholy and everything haha. 
 
Love you all! <3