My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You

“Your glasses is fixed now, so I'll be going” she said as they walk out of the glasses shop. “My name is Gui Gui by the way. What's yours?”

He didn't say anything.

“Well sorry again,” she apologizes. “Bye then,” she took one last look at him and turns around.

He quickly grabs her hand to stop her. She turns around and saw him digging into his book bag. He took out a pen and notebook. He scribbled something down and showed it to her.

“My name is Ya Lun” she reads off from the notebook.

She looks at him,“Sorry, may I ask if you're a mute?”

He scribbled something down again.

-yes-

“Well, nice to meet you Ya Lun” Gui Gui smiles. “Can I borrow your notebook and pen?” she ask him.

He nodded and hands her the notebook.

She quickly wrote down something and hands it to him.

“This is my number, call me if you want me to pay for anymore damages” she smiles. She quickly taps his nose gently, “Bye now” she said and walks away.

He stood there with pink cheeks. Ya Lun then turns the other direction and began to walk away, but he quickly turns around when he remembered he forgot to ask her why she was running away from the guys in suits. When he looks back, Gui Gui was already gone.

~~

Gui Gui sigh heavily as she sat down on the sofa after refreshing herself. She wore a pair of white short, with a big gray t-shirt. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun.

“I almost got caught!” Gui Gui said worriedly but at the same time proud for her successful escape. “It's been three years, I can't believe that they're still after me” Gui Gui turns on the TV and started flipping through the channels.

“Three years” she paused. 'I wonder how my father is doing, and my friends. They must hate me so much for running away without a word or contacting them' she thought sadly.

-Taipei-

“Sorry sir, we lost her” one of the guys in black suit who was chasing Gui Gui earlier apologizes.

“You morons! How can you lose her?! Do you know how long it took to find her?!” Mr. Wu yells angrily at his men as he throws his books at them.

They all stood still listening to his lecture.

“You all should get fired!!”

They all bowed and apologizes.

“We're sorry sir, please give us another chance” said the guy who spoke before.

“Just bring me my daughter!” he yells at them.

“Yes sir!” they all said and left the room to go on the search again.

Mr. Wu slowly walks to the window and looks out at the busy city of Taipei below.

“Gui Gui, where are you?” he sigh sadly.

~

“Ahchoo!” Gui Gui sneezes as she was brushing her teeth. “I hate it when people talk behind my back” she said and rubs her nose. She rinse and went into her room.

She sat down on the chair in her room and looks at herself in the mirror. She started to brush her hair when suddenly the picture of Ya Lun's memorizing eyes came into her mind.

She shook her head and got up, “Why am I thinking about him?” she laughs at herself for being weird and got into bed. She lays in the dark, quiet room and soon fell asleep.

 

 

****

Just to let readers know, the first half of the story will be about Gui Gui and Aaron.