My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You


“Good morning!” Gui Gui greeted Ya Lun as she was still in her blue stitch pj's with an apron over the front. “Breakfast is served, please help yourselves” she said as she sets down two glass of orange juice.

“I don't know what kind of breakfast do you normally eat, so I just made what I like.”

He did the 'okay' sign and sat down.

“I'll be joining you in a bit” she said as she left the kitchen to go change her clothes.

After breakfast Gui Gui applied medicine onto Ya Lun's wounded face.

She gently peels off the band-aid from his upper right eye brown and puts on the medicine.

“Does it still hurt?” she ask as he made a face.

He nodded.

“Then I'll be gentler” she giggles. As she laughs her bangs slide down and covered her left eye. Ya Lun lifts up his hand and gently push them aside.

Gui Gui felt her body burning up.

“Thanks” she said as she puts on a new band-aid on his wound. “All done” she said and got up. She picks up the scraps of band-aid and was about to leave but tripped on her own foot. Ya Lun quickly pulls her back before she fell. She turns around and fell on top of him. He was pushed back by the force of her landing on top of him and lays back on the sofa.

Their lips met. Gui Gui's arm landed on Ya Lun's chest by his shoulders.

Gui Gui's eyes widen as Ya Lun was just surprised. They both can feel each others' heartbeat.

When Gui Gui was about to pull away Ya Lun lifts up his head and gave her a peck on the lips. He wanted more but he waited to see if she would accept him.

He gave her another peck on the lips and was about to pull back but Gui Gui held him in place and began to reply to his kisses. Her arm slowly moves around his neck as he hands moves around her waist to pull her closer to him.

Without saying anything, they knew that now their relationship was confirmed.

~
-One week later-

“Lun Lun !” Gui Gui calls out happily as she sees her boy friend walking towards her.

Ya Lun waves at her with a handsome smile. His thick glasses makes him look so cute.

They sat down in a restaurant, they're on a small date.

“Do you like to make cakes? Or just baking in general?”

-I don't know, never thought of baking before, but I can try. Why?- he wrote down.

“Because if you do then I found you a job.”

-Where?-

“The place is near where I work, they pay pretty decent and now they're hiring a new baker. Want to go try it out?”

He nodded.

“What's your news?”

-Right! I almost forgot! Someone donated money to the orphanage, now they're going to remodel the whole place- he wrote down messily.

“That's great news” she said excited.

After their small date Gui Gui went back to work, and Ya Lun went home.

The next day Ya Lun went to the interview for the baking job. Gui Gui waited for him outside of the bakery.

“How did it go?” she ask him as he walks out.

He didn't say anything.

“Lun Lun ~”

He looks up and did a peace sign at her with a big smile.

“You got the job?!” she ask excited.

He nodded as she hugs him con-graduating him. But she suddenly pulls away.

“You dare trick me” she said and pinches his cheeks.

He made a painful face making her laugh.

“You deserve that, now let's go celebrate” she crosses their fingers and leads the way.

Ya Lun and Gui Gui decided to celebrate with the kids and so they went grocery shopping together.

To others around them they look like a newly wed couple. After picking out the grocery they headed to the orphanage.

Gui Gui hadn't been there since the last time so the kids were really happy to see her.

“Jie Jie!” they all called out as they rush towards Gui Gui.

They all gave her a hug as Ya Lun watched jealously.

Gui Gui saw his face and laughs to herself.

“Alright, now you little one be good okay, Ya Lun Ge Ge and Jie Jie is going to cook you dinner today.”

“Really?!” they all cheered.

“Jie Jie can I help?” ask the oldest girl. Ya Lun told her the girl's name was Ally.

“Why don't you ask Ya Lun Ge Ge” she said instead.

“Ya Lun Ge Ge, can I help?”

Ya Lun shook his head.

“Why?” she pouts.

Because he wanted Gui Gui to himself, but he wasn't going to tell her that.

He patted her head to be a good girl and pushed Gui Gui into the kitchen house.

Gui Gui looks around.

'I guess they're still remodeling the main house' she looks at the old kitchen.

Ya Lun set the grocery down on the table and handed Gui Gui an apron and put one on himself.

“Why didn't you let her help?” Gui Gui ask Ya Lun as she washes her hands.

He look at her and just shrugs.

“That's not even a reason” she said and began to wash the ingredients.

He gave her another shrug and looks through the cabinets for the pots and pans.

“How childish” she mumbles to herself and smiles.

'Being with Ya Lun ...is this really what I wanted?' she thought out of the blue. 'I ran away because I wanted freedom, but being with Ya Lun will take that away, is this what I really wanted?' she ask herself. 'I know that I really like him, but does he really like me?...did we move things too fast?'

Ya Lun taps on her shoulder dragging her out of her thoughts. She turns around and Ya Lun gave her a peck on the lips. He then hands her some more vegetables to wash.

“Ya Lun!” Gui Gui said pretending to be mad for stealing a kiss from her.

Ya Lun turns around pretended not to hear her.

“Very childish” she mumbles again. But her smile came up afterward.

After the celebration, tucking the kids in bed and cleaning up Ya Lun send Gui Gui out.

“I'll be okay, go back in” she told Ya Lun as they stop at the gate that surrounds the orphanage.

He nodded.

She taps on his nose gently.

“Good night” she said and was about to walk away but Ya Lun pulls her back and kissed her on the lips.

She pulls away and blush, “Go inside already” she said and ran off.

Ya Lun smiled to himself. He just loves her too much.

'Is this really what I want?' she ask her self again as she slowed down.

As half a year passes by, kids from the orphanage came in and out. Ya Lun became a very good baker, one of the best one in town, and it also did take him a while to get the process of baking and mixing down. Gui Gui graduated mastering business and management and architecture in the period of time. Their relationship also grew closer, but every day they just get busier, so they have less time to spend together, and that just makes them love each other more.

 

 

****

Two Chapters added :)

Hope you all like it!