My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You

-Two days later-

After work (she works at a small cafe that sells goodies and drinks) Gui Gui headed towards her motorcycle to go home. Just as she was about to put on her helmet ten guys in black suites surrounded her.

“Miss Wu, please go with us nicely or else we'll have to use force,” said on of the guys.

“If you touch me, you'll get hurt” she warns them. “Make way.”

They did as command. Gui Gui began to walk towards the car but then quickly ran when they thought that she was going to go with them. Along the way someone cam and grabs her hand and pulls her away. She looks at the person's back and notices that it was a guy, he wore a pair of blue jeans and white t-shirt with a pair of white shoes. She was about to pull away her hand but when she looks at his hand she found it familiar, so she decided to let the guy take her away.

The guy pulls her into the mall and they continue to run. The guys in black keeps on following them, so they ran up and down the building and when they finally lost the guys they ran out of the mall.

Gui Gui laughs happily and tiredly as they stop by a park to take a break. She sat down on the grass and looks up at the guy standing beside her.

“Thank~ Ya Lun?!” she said surprised.

He sat down beside her and smiled as he tires to catch her breath.

“Thank you” she finishes her uncompleted sentence from a second ago. 'That's why his hands looks so familiar.'

He took out his notebook and wrote something down.

-Your welcome, I was just passing by- he showed her his notebook.

She looks up at Ya Lun and lies down on the grass tired from all the running.

“You run pretty fast” she laughs.

-You too- he wrote down.

Gui Gui look at his notebook and closed her eyes. “It feels good doesn't it?” she ask Ya Lun as the wind blows by.

He nodded, and lies down beside her.

She opens her eyes and turns to look at him. Noticing her eying him he turns to look at her too.

“Are you free tonight?” she ask.

He nodded.

“Want to go have dinner with me?”

He looks at her with a questioned mark face.

“Just to say thank you.”

He thought about it for a while.

Before Ya Lun could answer she pulls him up and pulls him away.

“I won't bite, I promise” she said and looks back at him with a smile.

This second reminded him of their first time meeting. He smiles and follows obediently.

They headed back to her motorcycle and she hands him a helmet.

“Safety comes first” she told him as she put hers on. She turned to Ya Lun who's still having trouble putting his helmet on. She laughs and helps him. She then got on her motorcycle and turns on the engine, and told him to get on.

“Hold on tight!” she yells over the loud noise from the motorcycle before going off in high speed.

Ya Lun nervously closed his eyes and grips onto her waist tightly. She was so thin that Ya Lun though his arm could rap around her waist twice.

Gui Gui smiled as she felt Ya Lun shaking a little. After a while of driving they finally got to their destination. Ya Lun first got off feeling his legs shaking. Gui Gui got off and took off her helmet.

“Sorry for scaring you” she said and helps him take off his helmet.

“Let's go” she said and pulls him along behind her. They walk into the restaurant by the ocean.

“Two” Gui Gui told the waitress, who was in a professional uniform. The waitress's hair was tied up into a pony tail leaving her bangs slide across her forehead to the left. She wore a white, buttoned long sleeve shirt with a black vest over. Her pants where long and back. She also wore a pair of black high heels. Her make was light, not too thick or too little.

She gave them a smile,“This way please” the waitress replies and leads the way to their table.

They sat down as the waitress hands them the menu. “Our special today is seafood soup. It's a mixture of seafood, and noodle, would you like our special?”

Gui Gui looks at Ya Lun who just looks at her back.

“Sure” Gui Gui replies. 'And I'd like _____. Ya Lun?”

Ya Lun opens his menu and look at it for a while. He looks at the waitress and points at one.

“Alright” the waitress said as she jot down what Ya Lun pointed at.

“Oh, and please add two lemon ice tea too” Gui Gui quickly said.

“No problem, thank you, I'll be back shortly with your drinks” she said as she collects the menu.

Before the waitress left Gui Gui quickly took a glance at her name.

-Xiao Man-

Ya Lun then took out his notebook and wrote something down.

-Can I ask you something?- he showed her his notebook.

“Sure.”

Ya Lun smiled and wrote down his question.

-Why were the guys in black suits chasing you?-

“I owe them money” she lied. “No big deal, it's not much” she gave him a smile.

-Can I ask another question?-

“Sure.”

-Why do you ride a motorcycle?-

“Why?” she ask back. “Never seen a girl ride on one before?”

He nodded embarrassed by asking her now.

She laughs at his cute reaction.

“I like the wind, and I like the feeling of the wind blowing. So I like riding on motorcycles.”

-Why? It's dangerous, isn't it?-

“I feel free when I feel the wind. It makes me feel like there's nothing to worry about,” she smile while talking.

“Excuse me” Xiao Man said as she set down the drinks.

“Thanks” Gui Gui said.

“No problem, and your food will arrive in a bit.”

“Alright, we're not in a rush at all.”

“Okay then, call me if you need anything.”

“Sure will” Gui Gui smiled as Xiao Man walks away.

“Anyways, where was I? Oh I was saying, if I can be, I'd be the wind, because they can travel anywhere they want freely. And of course it's dangerous, but if I don't look for the feeling of my freedom, I don't think that it'll come to me.”

Ya Lun had a questioned mark on his face.

Gui Gui smiles, “For example, if you want freedom from your family, then you must run away into the big world alone. It might be dangerous, but it gives you your freedom right?” she gave him her story. “It's like sacrificing something for something else.”

Ya Lun nodded but wrote something down -But isn't that too selfish?-

“Selfish?” she said quietly. She had never had that word in mind.

-Yes, you leave your family because you want something just for you, so isn't that too selfish of you?-

With him using 'You' it felt like Ya Lun was lecturing Gui Gui.

“But we're not talking about selfish, now are we? I was just giving an example” she said quickly.

He nodded.

“Ya Lun can I ask you something?”

He gave her a nod.

“It might be a little personal.”

He gave another nod.

“Were you always a mute? I mean every since little?”

Ya Lun looks down for awhile.

“___(name of the food)___” said Xiao Man as she sets Gui Gui's order down, and then Ya Lun's.

“Thanks” Gui Gui said as Xiao Man leaves.

“It's okay, it's not like we're close anyways. You don't have to tell me” she said as he looks stumbled. “Let's eat! I'm starving after all those running!” she said and began to dig in.

He picks up his fork and began to dig in but then paused and stares at her.

“I know what you're thinking” Gui Gui said mouth full. She drinks her tea and looks at Ya Lun.

“You must be thinking, why that girl in front of you is eating like she hadn't eaten for days huh?” she smiles.

Ya Lun looks away embarrassed as she got it right.

“Don't worry, I eat three meals a day not including ice-cream and snacks, so I'm not starving myself. It's just that I love food as much as I love the wind” she said and ate again.

After Gui Gui paid they left the restaurant.

“Thanks for accompanying me” she gave him a smile and looks down. “It's been so long since I ate with someone” she said quietly.

Ya Lun heard her, but he decided not to ask.

“Hey Ya Lun, need a ride?” Gui Gui ask as she puts on her helmet.

He shook his head.

“Really?”

He nodded.

“Alright then, it's nice seeing you again” she said and got on her motorcycle.

She turns to look at him and signals him to go by her. He slowly walks over. She gently taps on his nose, “Bye bye” she said and drove off.

Ya Lun touched his nose where she touched and smiled. He took out another notebook from his regular writing note book and add another tail down.

'Two touches' he thought. He turns the other direction and went to wait for the bus. As he waited smiling to himself, he knew he's starting to like her.

 

 

****

Updated :) Hope you all like this chapter, although it's a little boring.

And thanks to Chantal for commenting. I was really happy when I got a comment.