My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You

“Alright that'll be all for today” Gui Gui ended the meeting. Everyone picks up their papers and folder and left the meeting room.

“Ah Ben” Gui Gui said.

“Yes, miss” he answers as he follows her.

“What's next on my schedule?” she said as she looks over some papers she got from the meeting.

“You'll have a lunch meeting with the Directors this afternoon.”

“And after that?”

“Go to Colors and Fashion for a meeting.”

“Alright, thanks” she said and stops walking as she passes the windows. She looks out side.

“It's raining.”

“Yes miss, it's suppose to rain until later today, and there might be a possibility of a thunder storm.”

“Oh...” she said and continues her walk to her office. 'I wonder if Aaron really went to Taichung and wait for me' she thought as she took a glance outside one more time. 'What a silly thought' she smile and shook her head. 'Aaron is too busy to go, and so am I.'

“Oh...it's storming” Gui Gui said as she puts on her jacket to leave Colors and Fashion. She looks out the window and saw a lightening flash. She then grabs her bag and left the office.

“Ah Ben, how long will it storm till?”

“Maybe until tomorrow morning” Ah Ben said as he started to drive away from the store.

“Ah Ben, let's have a road trip.”

“Excuse me?”

“Let's have a road trip. Let's go to Taichung” Gui Gui smiles.

“Yes, Miss. But may I ask why? I mean it's very late now, so why take a road trip this late?”

“Just because” she said and looks outside her window.

It was mid-night when they reached Taichung.

“Ah Ben, stop here, I'll go off by myself now.”

“But Miss, it's raining.”

“I'll be fine. I'll give you a call when I want to leave. So for now, you can have free time.”

“Miss-”

“Hey, remember I live here for some years” she gave him a 'don't worry too much' look and closes the door.

Ah Ben watches as she catches a taxi. She got in and left.

“What should I do now?” he asks himself.

- - - - -

“Where do you want to go miss?” the driver asks.

Gui Gui thought about it for a second. 'Where in the world can I find Aaron? If he actually came. And everything must be closed by now...'

“To...Cherish Child Orphanage.”

'If he came, he must be there. It was his home.'

When Gui Gui got to the orphanage the lights were all turned off in the building.

'What should I do now? Should I go knock and ask?...But...if it was Aaron, he would be waiting for me. Where else could he be?' she questioned herself.

“I know! Sorry sir, can you take me to _______” Gui Gui said with a big smile on her face.

'If he came, he would be there. But let's just hope that he didn't' she thought as she looks out at the rain that are still falling from the dark sky.

“Thank you” Gui Gui said as she paid. She than ran into the some woods which made the taxi driver confused and scared, he quickly took off.

Gui Gui quickly ran down a small narrow path. She soon can see the house that she used to live in. She was really happy to see it. As she reaches the gates she stops. There weren't any lights from the house.

'Does this mean that Aaron didn't come?' she thought. She felt disappointed, but then she was glad, because if he had been waiting for her, he'd be soaked by now.

As she slowly pushes the gates to go into the house, a pair of arms suddenly went around her from behind.

“You finally came” she heard Aaron's voice said before she can even scream. She slowly turns around and looks at him.

He smiles and collapse on her.

“Aaron! Aaron!” she calls his name. But he didn't move an inch.