My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You

“Wow! It's so pretty here!” Gui Gui said as she saw the ocean from the small island.

“Don't tell me you've never been here before.”

“Unfortunately” Gui Gui answers back.

“Yeah, unfortunately” Danson jokes back at her.

She gave him a stare and then looks back at the deep blue ocean.

“Alright, let's go to the hotel and get settle in. Tomorrow there will be a special guess I want you to meet.”

Gui Gui turns back to look at him, “Who?”

“That question will be answer tomorrow” he said as he started to walk away from her.

“But-” she started and follows him. “I hate surprises like this” she complains.

Danson just lightly laughs at his silly little sister.

“Ge! Isn't this room too big for me?” Gui Gui said as she stood at the door of her hotel room.

“Not at all” Danson said as he looks into the room with her. “Well freshen up, I'll come back for you, then we'll go out for lunch.”

“Okay” she answers. “But, Ge, I don't have any clothes.”

“Don't worry, I prepare some clothes for you already.”

“Really? Where?”

“They should be on your bed, if you need anything else, knock” he gave her a smile before walking to his room.

Gui Gui sigh and closes the door.

Later that night they had a small dinner reunion.

“That was delicious” she told Danson.

“I told you it was one of the best one here” he smiles at her as they walk back to the hotel.

“I really miss you Ge” she said as she looks up at the stars.

“I really miss you too” Danson smiles at Gui Gui. “And I have a surprise for you tomorrow.”

“Really?!” she said excited and looks at him.

“Really” he laughs at her.

“What kind of surprise?”

“One that you wouldn't have guessed.”

“OH! Just tell me...ppplllease?”

“If I tell you then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore now would it?”

“If you say that then there's only one thing left to do.”

“And what's that?” he looks at her.

“Make you tell me.”

“By doing what?”

“Tickle!” she said and ran after him.

“You'll have to catch me first!” he turns around and smiles at her.

“You watch! I will” she said loudly.

- - - - -


“So Ge, what's the surprise?” Gui Gui ask as she apparently didn't get Danson to tell her.

“Be patient, she'll be here soon” Danson said as he drinks his morning coffee by the hotel's lobby.

“A she? So, she's your girlfriend?”

Danson just smiles at her.

“Danny” they heard a female voice said.

Danson looks up as Gui Gui turns around.

She wows as she saw a gorgeous female in front of her.

The lady has long, curled dark brown hair, with a pair of brown shades. She has loop earrings, a big, white beaded necklace, and she wore a pair of white dress, with a pair of flip-flop that has flowers on them. She also carried a big, white purse. She looks like she's in her mid 20's.

“Does she look like my girlfriend?” Danson whispers to Gui Gui before getting up to greet the female.

“Ying Ying” Danson calls her.

She looks up at her brother and saw him signaling her towards him and the lady. She got up and walks towards them.

“This is Ying Ying” he said to the lady.

The lady then looks straight at Gui Gui. She slowly took off her shades and smiles at Gui Gui with tears in her eyes.

“Gui Gui,” the lady sigh and hugs Gui Gui making her jump a little.

“Gui Gui, I'm Ariel” she said as she pulls them apart. “I'm Chen Chen” Ariel cries harder.

“Jie?” Gui Gui said with smile on her face. “Jie Jie” Gui Gui said and hugs Ariel.

Feeling left out Danson came and hug them both.


In Gui Gui's room.

“How have you been? You've grown up so much” Ariel said as she touches Gui Gui's hair.

“I'm doing well, still living with dad, and working. How have you been?”

“I'm doing well myself, as you see I’m a actress now” Ariel smiles. “It's a very busy job, but I love it.”

“That's good. So...let's all catch up on life” she looks at Danson who's watching T.V while the girls talk.

“Okay,” Ariel agrees. “You start first.”

Gui Gui smiles and began her story. She started from when they left home to when she ran way from home, to meeting Aaron and falling in love with him. And how she left him to how she tried to move on, to how she met him again to how she's living now.

“You mean Aaron Yan from Fahrenheit?!” Ariel said surprised.

Gui Gui nodded.

Ariel then laughs.

“What's wrong?” Gui Gui looks at her sister confused.

“She's dating Wu Chun from Fahrenheit” Danson answers Gui Gui's confusing.

“Really?” Gui Gui said smiling now.

Ariel nodded. “Well anyways, that was awful of dad to threat you with him.”

“Yeah, but what's done had already been done Gui Gui sigh. “Your turn” she looks at Danson.

“Ladies first” Danson looks at Ariel.

“When did you became such a gentleman?” Ariel said.

Danson just shrugs.

“Okay so...”

And so that day was a catching up day on life between the three.


“Jie” Gui Gui said as she lays beside her sister in bed. (They share a room now.)

“Hm..?”

“Did you and Zhe Zhe (Danson) plan this trip out?”

“Yeah, but I didn't even know that you were coming.”

“Oh...Jie. How's mom?”

“She's...fine” Ariel answers as she opens her eyes in the dark.

“I've always wonder why she left me” Gui Gui sighs. “I wonder how it would be like if I lived with her instead.”

Ariel didn't say anything.

“But then, if I lived with her...” she stopped. 'I wouldn't have met Aaron.'

“Then what?” Ariel ask.

“I don't know” Gui Gui said. “Good night” she said softly and turns.

 

 

 

****

How funny, I didn't plan to make Ariel and Chun date in both stories, but when I re-read the chapters it turned out that way. 

I hope you all don't mind.