My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You

'I hope you know now how much I love you' Gui Gui thought as she stares at Ya Lun who's still asleep beside her.

She felt his arms around her pulls her in closer to him as he slowly opens his eyes.

“Good morning” Gui Gui smiles as Ya Lun looks down at her with his dark brown eyes.

Ya Lun gave her a kiss on the forehead to reply her. She quickly slide up to be face to face with him. She slide her finger down his nose and gently pinched it.

“You haven't answer me yet” she said as he had a questioned look on his handsome face.

“Yesterday I ask what was your dream, you haven't answer me yet.”

He smiled and brushes her hair back with his hand. He then grabs her hand and wrote it down the word 'singer'. He paused and continues to write on her hand.

-I'm a mute, how can I become a singer right?-

“As long as you want the dream hard enough, you can do it” she said softly as she brushes his right eye brow with her thumb.

A few weeks later Ya Lun and Gui Gui met up at a restaurant because Gui Gui had news to tell him.

“Ya Lun” Gui Gui said after they ordered.

He looks at her.

“There's something that I want to tell you.”

He gave her a smile.

“But promise me not to be mad.”

He nodded after thinking about it for a while.

“I...I..” she took a pieces of paper out of her bag and showed it to him. “I auditioned you to a singing contest.

-Why?- he wrote down confused.

“Because it was your dream wasn't it? I wanted you to have something that you really want for once. You have to be selfish sometimes”

-I've got you-

“That's not what I meant, I mean like something that you have always wanted, and something that just you can have.”

-But I can't sing.-

She looks down at the table. “Ya Lun, I know...I know that you're not a mute. You can sing, and we both know that you sing beautifully.”

He was shock to hear that.

-What are you talking about?- he slide the paper towards her so that she can see it.

She lifts up her head and looks at him in the eyes.

“I found out about it few days ago, remember our anniversary day when I came over to the orphanage?” she ask him.

He nodded.

“I knew I heard someone singing, but then when I asked you, you said that you were the only person in the room, so I had to make sure, so I came to visit you when I was sure that you're home and sure that you don't know that I'm coming, and that's how I found out. I don't know why you didn't tell me, or why you choose to me a mute, but whatever the answer is, it's your business. I won't be mad, no, I'm not mad. To be honest, I was really shock too when I first found out that you can talk. But then everyone has their own little secret right?” she gave him a smile. “Can you promise me that you'll go try out for this competition?”

He sat silently.

“I won't force you to speak if you don't want to, I just really hope that you'll go try out for this audition. Please do it for me, but most importantly please do it because it's your dream.”

~

Ya Lun turns off the shower as he thought about what Gui Gui told him earlier that day.

After Gui Gui told him her news, he was scared that Gui Gui will laugh at him. He was scared that the person he love will hate him. He didn't know how to face Gui Gui, so he just got up and left the restaurant as Gui Gui calls after him.

Ya Lun lies on his bed and rolls over, he closed his eyes and the flash back flash through his mind.

-Flash Back-

“Ya Ya, why did you take me here?” ask a little girl wearing a pink dress with her hair braided into two french braids. “Let go of my hand” she said as she pulls her hand away from little Ya lun’s grip.

“Sorry” he said shyly as he turns around to face her.

“What do you want to anyways” she said annoyed as she crosses her arms.

“Ra...Rainie....I...I...I like you!” little Ya Lun confess to the little girl.

(Rainie was Ya Lun's neighbor at the time. She was a rich little miss. She likes to boss people around, but Ya Lun still likes her. In his eyes she was a beautiful angel. Ya Ya is her nickname for him)

“I want to sing a song to you” he said and began to sing.

“STOP! STOP! STOP!” Rainie said as she covers her ears before Ya Lun can even begin to sing.

“First of all, I don't like you. Second of all you're too poor, you don't even have parents, and lastly your voice is too ugly, I bet you can't even sing! It would be best if you never open your mouth again” she said and marched away.

Ya Lun stood there in tears.

-End of Flash Back-

Tears ran down his face as he silently cries in the dark, and finally cries himself to sleep.

She was his first love.