My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You

“Yes, five years” he smiled back.

“You two know each other?” Mr. Wu asks looking at the two of them.

“Apparently” Gui Gui answers and walks towards Li Quan.

“Let's go catch up on life, my treat” she said as she swung her arm around his and pulls him out of the room.

Li Quan quickly looks at Mr. Wu and bid good-bye.

-

“What's next on our schedule?” Jiro ask as they got into the van.

“Dinner at Luxurious and a meeting at HIM” said their manager.

“Sounds good, I'm starving!” Chun said he leans back on his seat tired.

“You're always hungry” Calvin chuckles.

“I just have a big appetite” Chun defends himself.

“Like we don't know” Aaron said and laughs with Calvin.

-

-Five years ago-

'It'll be dark soon...where can I go?' Gui Gui thought as she sat on a swing set by a near by park, near her home.

“Hey little girl” she heard a man said.

She looks up and saw three not fully drunk man walking towards her.

She got up and quickly walks away but two of them blocks her.

“Go away” she said nervously.

“Aw, did we scare you?” one of the guy ask. He was thin and has little hair on his head, and wore a black t-shirt with white shorts.

“I think we did” laughs the fat one.

“Leave me alone” she said and was about to run but the thin guy grabs her arm.

“Let go!” she said as she hits his hand making him squeeze her arm harder.

“Let her go!” they heard a young male said.

The turned and saw a boy about Gui Gui's age standing there. The back of his hair was slightly spiked up as his front slanted to the right. He work thin glasses carrying a book bag.

“School boy, it's none of your business so you better leave before we force you to” treats the fat guy.

“I won't leave until you let go of her” he said manly.

“You asked for it” said the third guy. He as some muscle and has long hair. He also smells terrible.

The guy wobbly walks towards the boy and swings his hand at the boy. But the boy ducked and pushed the man away. He then rushed towards the guy that was holding Gui Gui and pushed him into the fat guy. They both fell over, as the boy grabs Gui Gui's hand and ran away from the park.

“Are you okay?” he ask her as they stop in the streets to catch their breaths.

“I'm okay, thanks” she gave him a smile.

“What where you doing alone at this time in the park?” he said in a harsh voice.

“You don't even know me, so don't yell at me” she said and began to walk away.

“Hey miss, I just saved you” he said as she follows her unbelievably at her actions.

“I already thanked you, so go away, and I never asked for your help anyways” she said angrily.

He stops and began to walk the other direction.

“So much for a hero” he mumbles.

“Hey!” Gui Gui called after him as she turns around seeing him walking the other direction. “You're really leaving me here?” she asked.

He turns back and looks at her.

“My name is Li Quan, I'm going to eat some food, come along if you want” he said and turns around continue walking.

Gui Gui smiled and follows him.

'He seems like a good guy, I don't think that he'll hurt me' she thought looking at his back.

They sat outside 711 eating some food.

“What were you doing in the park at this time of the day alone?” he ask her again.

“I ran away from home” she answers eating her ice-cream.

“Why?”

“I just don't like home, there's nobody to talk with anyways, and my father is just too demanding.”

“Oh~, right, you haven't told me your name.”

“Gui Gui” she answers.

“You ran away from home, so where do you plan to go now?”

“I don't know, wonder around this big city...what about you? Why where you at the park?”

“I fell asleep there reading a book, when I woke up I was hungry, so on my way here I saw you and the guys.”

“Um...” she said.

“Well Gui Gui, if you don't mind you can come and stay with me at my friend's house today, and tomorrow go with me to Taichung. I'm a Taichung person, I just came up to visit my friend, and don't worry, my friend is a girl, she's also very nice” he offered.

After thinking about it for a while she agreed.

So like Li Quan said they went to Taichung the very next day, and he was the one who helped her find her her job at the cafe, and got her life living on her own started. But then a few months later he went to study abroad and she never heard from him again.

-End of Flash Back-

“How's life?” Gui Gui ask Li Quan after they got seated at Luxurious, and ordered.

“Great, yours?”

“Fine.”

“Looks like it” he said and eyes her.

“What?”

“Miss Gui Gui, why didn't you tell me that you're Wu Ying Jie.”

“Because you never ask for my real name, and I wouldn't have told you if you asked anyways.”

“Maybe that's why I didn't ask.”

“Like you would have” she smiled. “Anyways, what did you do during the pass five years? You didn't even contact me.”

“Long story” he laughs.

“Try me” she smirked.