My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You

It's been two days since Ya Lun and Gui Gui had talked.

Ya Lun just didn't know how to confront her as Gui Gui was giving him time to think things over.

“Ya Lun, a girl came and left you a note” said one of his co-worker as he hands Ya Lun a folded piece of paper.

Ya Lun took it and opens it.

-Ya Lun, I'll be waiting for you today at ____ at 6:00. Please come and do the audition, I'll be waiting for you.

Gui Gui-

Gui Gui hide behind the corner of the building as she saw Ya Lun walks into the bakery to go to work.

'Ya Lun, you must come, it's the last thing that I want to help you with' she thought as tears ran down her face.

Gui Gui stood by the entrance of the building that held the audition rubbing her hands as the weather was getting colder. She looks at her cell phone and reads 5:45.

She began to get nervous that Ya Lun won't come. Once again she looks at her watch and reads 5:55. She blew on her hands to keep them warm and when she looks up a smile came onto her face. Ya Lun was standing in front of her handsome as ever. He wore a brown sweater with a hood, and a pair of jeans. He walks over and hugs her.
His warm body immediately warms her up. He looks at her and grabs her hand. His hands were so big and warm.

They got to the room just in time to register. He got his number and they went to sit down to wait for his turn.

“I'm so happy that you came, thank you” she said as she looks at him.

He grabs her hand and began to rub them to get them warm.

They waited in silence as they didn't know what to say.

“60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65” they heard the lady who came to get the people called at the door of the waiting room.

Gui Gui looks at Ya Lun's number.

“63, you better go then” she said and smile as she got up with him.

He was about to leave but quickly turns back and hugs her.

“Wish me luck, my little ghost” he said softly before going away.

Gui Gui got rooted to the ground as she heard his voice repeated over and over in her head.

'His voice sounds like music' she thought and smile. She turns and saw Ya Lun's back. 'I'm glad he finally spoke to me.'

She watch as Ya Lun was no longer in sight and sat down.

~

“Thank you, number 63” said one of the five judges. He looks like he was in his early 50's and has a bald head.

Ya Lun stood up nervously and walk towards the front of the room where the judges sat.

“Ya Lun that is” said the judge how sat beside the bald judge. She has short brown hair and a pair of black glasses. Her lips where bright red as her eyes were high lighted with light blue.

Ya Lun nodded. He's so use to not talking that he forgot to answer with words.

“And what song will you be singing to?” she ask as she looks down at her papers.

He stood still silently.

They all stares at him waiting for his answer.

“Kiss goodbye” he finally answers them.

“Took you long enough. Very well, you may begin.”

'Don't think of anything else' he told himself. He closes his eyes and pictures Gui Gui's smile, as he pushes the picture of Rainie to the back of his mind.

He took a deep break opens his eyes and began to sing.

Gui Gui waited nervously. 'Ya Lun, you can do it' she cheers him on.

After awhile Gui Gui got up to go buy some drinks. When she came back she saw Ya Lun looking for her.

“Lun Lun” she calls.

He turns round and hugs her immediately.

She pulls away and looks at him.

“Does this mean that you're going to the finals?” she ask hopeful.

He nodded and hugs her tighter.

Gui Gui sigh in relief.

“Thank you” she heard him said softly.

 

****

New characters coming!