My Freedom is Being with You

My Freedom is Being with You

They made a beautiful cake together and ate it together like couples does.

During their few days together they made lots of sweet memories together, but then those days didn't last long.

Aaron head to go back to work and so did Gui Gui.

“I'll call you later” Aaron said to Gui Gui as they stop at Gui Gui's house.

She nodded. “I'll wait for it.”

Aaron smile and kisses her forehead, “I have to go now.”

“Okay, bye bye” she said and ushers him to go.

He got into the taxi and disappeared from her sight.

She then headed into her house.

- - - - -

“Miss, you're back” Ah Ben said as he was surprise to see Gui Gui at work the next day.

“I told you that I wouldn't miss it” Gui Gui gave him a victory smile and walks into her office at her father's company.

'Tomorrow's going to be a big day' Gui Gui thought as she looks at some papers on her desk. 'It's the company's 30th anniversary, and it's also a big day made for all the employees, and it's the day that I can stop working here' she smiles to herself.

Ring. Ring.

“Hello?”

“Miss, you have an appointment in 15 minutes to go to the dress shop.”

“Understand, thanks.”

“You're welcome” Ah Ben said and hung up the phone.

- - - - - -

-The Big Day-

“I don't know why, but I feel quite nervous” she said to Ah Ben as they stood outside of the two big doors waiting to go into the party room.

Ah Ben laughs, “Maybe you should be nervous.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I heard that your father is going announce you as his daughter today.”

“What?!” she said catching everyone's attention. “Sorry, sorry” she apologizes to them. “How can he do that?” she lowers her voice.

“Well miss, it is your last day to work with the company.”

“Yeah, I guess” she said and then the big doors opens. She held onto Ah Ben's arm and walks in with him. She smiles at all the guess that arrived.

Soon everyone got seated and her father was up on the stage to make the announcements.

“Thank you all for coming today. I want to thank you all for your support. Now before the real party can begin, I would like to make some announcements. The first thing that I would like to announce is, I would like to introduce my daughter” he said and looks at Gui Gui. He then signals her to go up to the stage.

Ah Ben ushers her to go and so she did. As she walks up to the stage everyone began to whisper one to another.

“This is my daughter Wu Ying Jie, she had been working at my company for quite awhile now, but unfortunately today will be her last day.”

Gui Gui smiled at everyone and bows.

“And now the second announcement is, I would like to introduce you all to my best friend, Tim Li, he's the president of the Li cooperation” he said as Mr. Li walks up to the stage. “And his son, Peter Li” Mr. Wu said making Gui Gui look for Li Quan and saw him walk up the stage confused too.

“Me and Tim have been best friends for many years, and so we've decided to deepen our relationship. So my special announcement for today is... my daughter Wu Ying Jie, and Tim's Son Li Quan will be getting engage!” he said as everyone began to clap.

Gui Gui looks at her father sharply, and confused. She then looks at Li Quan who also gave her a confuse look.

“That is all, everyone, please enjoy your time here” Mr. Wu said and everyone then went into their own conversations.

Gui Gui looks into the crowd and spotted someone she didn't expect to come.

“Aaron?” she said softly. His looks that he gave her were pure coldness.

She wants to run over and explain everything, but she doesn't even know what is going on so she doesn't even know where to start.

'What am I going to do now?' she thought as she stares at Aaron. He gave her another look before turning away heading towards the doors.

'No, I can't just leave things like this, I must say something to him, it's better than not trying' she thought and turns to Li Quan.

“Excuse me” she said and heads off the stage. “Ah Ben I'll be back soon” she said as she walks pass Ah Ben.

She quickly walks towards the entrance.

'Where could he have gone?' she thought as she looks around. Then she walks towards the bathrooms, and passes the stairs. Just as she was passing by she heard Rainie's voice.

“You like her don't you?” Rainie ask.

Gui Gui stops and stood by the door.

“But, too bad, she's getting marry soon, what are you going to do?”

“It's none of you business.”

Her eyes widen, 'It's Aaron's voice!'

“I know, but, I’m sad to see the person that I like unhappy.”

“So, you're saying that you like me?”

“What else?” she smiles at him.

“How much to you like me?” he asks

“I like you enough to love you” she answers back.

He looks at her and laughs, “That's very kind of you.”

“What does that answer suppose to mean?” she ask confused.

“Sorry, but I don't feel the same towards you.”

She smiles, “You're lying. What about the time when we were in Japan? You were always flirting with me.”

“I was flirting with you, but it doesn't mean that I like you.”

“Then what does it mean?”

Aaron smiles and turns to look at her. “It seems like you've really forgotten about me,” he laughs.

“What do you mean?”

“I was the boy who you told to never speak again because of my ugly voice. Don't you remember? Lin Lin?”

Rainie looks away and recalls.

“You're kidding, you can't possibility be him.”

“Then how would I know about this situation? There were only the two of us there at that time. And I remember you mentioning that you don't like me” he gave her a cold smile. “My name is Ya Lun, the little boy who had a crush and you, and got all the courage he can get to confess to a girl who he thinks is a princess...Did you really think that I'll never show up again in your life?”

Rainie looks at him and smiles, “Alright” she sigh. “You got me. I apologize for being rude and mean to you. But why don't we start over?”

“Start over?” he looks away. “That won't ever happen, I was just playing with you, to get my revenge” he said and head towards the door.

Gui Gui smiles. 'Now it's my turn to stand up' she thought and went to find her father.

“Oh, and just in case you're not clear with my message, I will never like you” he said and heads out.

Rainie stood speechless, “Haw can Aaron be him?”

- - - - -

Just as Gui Gui was heading back into the grand room, her father walked out with Li Quan's father, they were talking each holding a champagne.

“Dad” she said.

Her father turns around and smiles. “Ying Ying, I was just going to go look for you, is there something that you need?”

“Father, I want to talk with you” she said. “Alone.”

“Ah~ why don't we talk after the party? Come in now, the reporters want to take pictures of you and Li Quan.”

“Then we can just talk right here” she said standing in her place.

“Ying Ying, is it that urgent?”

“Yes father, why didn't you tell me about this?”

“About what?”

“The engagement.”

“If I tell you ahead of time then you wouldn't have agreed, now if this is all what you wanted to talk about then lets talk later, you'll make the guess fell uncomfortable.”

“But it's me who's uncomfortable,” she said getting angry. “And if you knew that I wouldn't agree then why did you do it anyways?”

“Because I love you, I just want the best for you.”

“You force me to do everything you say, and even threaten me. You're explanation to all this is because you love me?”

Her father looks at Li Quan's father and smiles at him.

“I'm sorry, I think that my daughter drink too much tonight.”

“Sure, no problem.”

“No, father I didn't drink at all. Dad have you ever thought about my feelings? Do you know that Danson and Ariel became who they are today because of the freedom that mother gave them?”

“Ying Ying, we will talk when we get home!” her father said angrier.

“Sorry Mr. Li, but if you hadn't ask your son, I’ve already made it clear with him. And dad, if you say that you love me then shouldn't you at least let me choose the person I love? Didn't you choose to marry mom because you love her even though grandma didn't agree to the marriage? And I can't live with some person that I don't love for the rest of my life, so this time, I’m going to fight for the rights that I have, and that is the right to choose who I want to marry, because I love him” she said and felt someone came and stood beside her.

“I also object to this engagement,” he said.  

 

 

****

UPDATED:P