Nostalgic.

Be My Superman.

Sungyeol felt a sharp pain once he opened his eyes. As soon as he looked the world once again, he saw Anna was sitting beside him, knitting something.

He didn’t quickly call her as she was too focus with her doing. He happily sees her knitting those things.

But later Anna turned to him. She felt someone was starring and her intuition was right

 “How long do I’ve sleep?” He said weakly. Anna needs to take his ear closer to Sungyeol since his voice was slower.

She flipped her hair to the side when it was covering her left eye, “About four days?”

Sungyeol just sighed. This is the first time he slept for days. “Why won’t you wake me up?”

“You’re coma. You’re in stable condition just since yesterday. Happy birthday honey, welcome back,”

“Why aren’t you smiling? Is there something happened?”

Anna stopped knitting when she heard the question. “I think you should wait for your brothers. They will be here soon,”

Sungyeol tried to wake up but Anna blocked him. “No, stay here. You need to sleep more. I promise, once your brothers were here, I’ll wake you up,”

 

//

 

5 of them sat on the bench, outside of their house. There were all in suits, looking at the bright sky. Birds were chirping and the surrounding was filled with children’s laughter.

But, to them, their world felt empty. There’re no birds chirping. Their sky isn’t bright.

And they choose to be quiet, enjoying the gloomy world of themselves.

Sunggyu looked around. He still could see Dongwoo playing around the yard with their brothers.

Woohyun couldn’t hide his tears. He shed it while holding Dongwoo’s picture frame.

Hoya, as usual. He was cold to the others. No one saw him crying on the funeral.

Myungsoo folded himself besides Hoya. He also didn’t cry on the funeral. But here, at home, he could here Dongwoo’s laughed. Everywhere.

Sungjong was holding his lemon candy jar. It was filled with candies that he loved so much. It’s from Dongwoo, his great late brother.

The funeral had finished since yesterday but they still in their suits, as sign of mourning.

Sunggyu took out his phone when a message received. He read it for few seconds and got up.

“We should go, Sungyeol had already awake,” he said.

Woohyun looked up, “How do we should tell him?”

Hoya coldly stood up and says, “He should accept it, no matter what.”

They started to get up one by one. They should be going. It’s already the 4th day. Sungyeol should know what’s happened.

When Sungjong opened the gate, he saw a man; with a navy orange uniform was standing in front of their house. Sungjong was so blur when he asked some questions to him until Sunggyu takes over.

“Yes, this is Dongwoo’s house. What should I help you?” He asked the man with a smile, a sincere smile he could afford to give.

“I’m from the insurance company where Mr. Dongwoo was applied to. So, I’m here to give you guys a new bike that had been totally ruined from the accidents. Mr. Dongwoo make a wish to give this bike to his brothers and the balance, we will transferred it into the other 5 accounts, as soon as possible.”

The worker just put the bike on the yard. It was a brand new bike. It was the same bike that Dongwoo had use.

Everyone knows who will own it.

Myungsoo can’t help himself. He kneeled on the ground, as soon as he saw the bike in front of his eyes.

It was for his birthday. Dongwoo fulfill his promise, at last.

Hoya shed tears, at last. He can’t stand to see what Dongwoo had left for them.

‘Truly no one could replace his good deeds,’ – Sunggyu

‘Thank you hyung, for everything.’ – Myungsoo

‘Why would you leave us? Who’s gonna laugh when everyone are mad?” –Woohyun

‘Thank you hyung. I’ve lost a dance partner. I’m not gonna find one,’ –Hoya

‘You shouldn’t buy many lemon candies. Rest in peace. I love you,’ - Sungjong

 

//

5 of them went inside the room. They were greeted by Sungyeol who were sitting alone. Myungsoo makes a nothing-had-happened face. He casually went to Sungyeol and took a sit next to him.

“Where’s Dongwoo hyung? Why were all of you in black?” He asked each of them. Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at each other. Hoya doesn’t looked at him. He just threw his sight out at the window.

“Where’s Anna?” Sunggyu asked as the situation become silently awkward.

“She had to go home.” He answered. “Do you know who donates both of his kidneys for me?”

Myungsoo was speechless. He looked at his hyung. Someone had to step up and explain everything to him.

“Why? Why are you all look gloomy?”

Sungjong ran to the bathroom. He can’t cry in front of Sungyeol.

Sunggyu just sighed.

Woohyun just lowered down his head.

Hoya didn’t respond. The view at the outside was more interesting.

“There must be something.” Sungyeol said. He was about to get mad when the atmosphere were getting awkward.

“Let me tell you something.” Hoya stepped up. He couldn’t stand the situation anymore. Nobody dare to speak it up. He will.

“Last four days, no, five days to be exact when you fell from the stairs at the subway, Dongwoo hyung had left us. He left us behind. You’re fighting for your life, while he was fighting for his too. Do you know why? Police called my friend and informed him that Dongwoo had involved in a major accident on the Hangang Bridge. It was my fault. If I investigate what actually had happened, he wouldn’t have dead. He would laugh with us now. The day he left us, you’re fighting for your life. He left us first. Then, your doctor came to us to save you. We just had one option at that time. You need kidneys. Both of your kidneys were broken once you fell on the stairs. Dongwoo hyung had changed Sunggyu hyung’s name to his as a main donor of yours. Only for that day, we should save both of you both for God sake, He loves Dongwoo hyung more.”

“Stop blaming yourself, Hoaegi,” Sunggyu reminded. Hoya glares, “Only him can call me Hoaegi,”

“Sorry,” Sunggyu quickly apologized. “Yeol-ah, he left you his kidneys. Just accept it. I know it’s hard but what else could we do? He left us. But only his body. His soul remains in the house. I could hear his laughter all over the house,”

Myungsoo was crying on the bed. “He gave me a bike, hyung.” He said weakly.

Sungyeol pulled the IV drips from his hand and got up. Sunggyu was shocked by his actions. Myungsoo tried to stop him.

“Where do you wanna go?”

“As a brother, why shouldn’t I go to his grave, at least?”

Hoya came to him and hugged him tightly. “I’ll bring you, but tomorrow.”

Sungyeol just screamed in Hoya’s arm.

“I should the one who goes. I should be the one who left you guys.”

“Cut the crap,” Woohyun hissed. “No one would leave anyone after this,”

“And there’s another thing you should know,” Hoya said while looking at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu began to step in front, “Actually,” He breathed in.

“I’m not your biological brother,” he continued.

Sungyeol was blurred, “What?”

“We’re not related. I’m sorry.”

“Then? Are you gonna leave me?”

“No. I’m gonna protect you guys, till my last breath.”

Sungjong came out. Sungyeol could see the maknae was crying heavily.

“Come here lemon boy.” Hoya ordered. He pulled Sungjong into his arms.

“Should we?” Woohyun responded while looking at others.

That’s the moment when Sungyeol felt he was safe in his brother’s embrace.

Thank you Dongwoo hyung. A perfect gift from you. Thank you.