Goodbye, my dear friend

Be My Superman.

Two months later,

No one’s POV

Sungyeol was leisurely lying on his bed. Now, the hospital bed isn’t felt bad anymore. It’s felt very comfy. He was bored. He picked up the novel that Sunggyu had bought him but then he put it back to the side.

No, it’s not interesting.

Dongwoo was there on tne couch while looking at something on his laptop. He was learning the new dance moved. Sungyeol was amazed at first but then he became bored again. He looked at the sky and sighed.

Where’s she? He missed her. Even though they had just been lovers again, the sparkles of love started to light up again. He can accept the way she is and so do her. Sungyeol thank God for giving him this wonderful second chance.

That’s why her mother had said before, there’s always blessed in disguise.

Suddenly, he feels like wanna go to the toilet. Without need someone’s help, he can go anywhere by himself since he was a bit fit that moment. He also can go home tomorrow. That’s why he was so excited to go home and live a normal life like everyone!

Dongwoo just let him be. He can manage himself now.  But if Sungyeol needs help, he just needs to shout at him.

Later, after had done his business, Sungyeol went to the sink and washed his hands, he got back to his bed.

Through the way, he tripped. Dongwoo was startled. He stopped at the moment and grabbed Sungyeol who was already fell on the ground.

“Hey, are you okay?!”

Sungyeol laughed in pain when he saw Dongwoo’s worried face.

“I’m okay; bring me to the bed hyung,”

Dongwoo didn’t say much, and Sungyeol just hide the pains from Dongwoo.

//

Anna walked to the garage when he saw Minho was already arrived. She was already dress up in simple but fancy coat with floral blouse. He brought his doctor’s bag and walked to his sister.

“Going to the hospital again?” he greeted while loosening his necktie.

“Hmm!” She nodded happily. “Do Yixing still there?” she continued.

Minho at that time wanted to just walk away and get a cool wash for himself stopped.

“Lay?” He said.

She nodded.

“You haven’t met him?”

“Since I was busy with my final year and my Sungyeol, I literally forget about him,”

He sighed, “He’s there, but I don’t know how long he’s gonna hang in there,”

“What do you mean?”

“He’s in the intensive care ward. You know what its mean, right?”

She doesn’t know why she can cry that easy because of a friend that he just knows.

//

 

“I don’t think he can hold it longer,” The doctor calmly informs them who was waiting outside.

Kris is the one who can’t accept those facts. He grabbed the collar of that young doctor in front of everyone. Xiumin pulled him behind. Kris just ignored everyone. He lowered down his ego aside and cried in front of everyone, just for Yixing.

“Is there’s nothing you can do now?” Xiumin stepped in and went to the doctor.

In fact that he was grabbed at the collar by that tall kid, the young manly doctor keep on smiling to them, “We’ve done our best, Sir. Now it’s up to him to stay alive.”

“Why it that sounds so easy to you to say that?!” Kris barked in Chanyeol’s embrace. Luhan also was there. He quickly get the first plane from Beijing to Korea just to go to Yixing when he heard that that guy was placed in the intensive care ward.

“Half of his body is not functioning anymore. After the accident, he lost too much blood and that’s what makes him weaker and weaker. His body can’t heal himself. You know that.”

“I want to meet uncle, now!” That hard-headed Kris, he wants to settle this thing and save Yixing’s life no matter what.

“Can you please calm down?!” Xiumin just can’t hold it anymore. He knew Kris cared about Yixing so much more that anyone else but it’s not the proper way to solve the problems.

“Dr. Park will come back next week after the conference. I’ll be in charge of him until he comes back. You can deal with me as I’m in charge of him now.” The doctor politely bowed to him.

“What’s your name?” Xiumin asked before the doctor wants make a leave.

“I’m Suho.” He smiled.

Then, Xiumin smiled back to him and facing Kris again. He was crying wih Chanyeol at the other side of the waiting hall.

 

//

 

She parked her Range Rover at the nearest parking lot she founds. She ran to the entrance and when straight ahead to the lift. There’re bunch of people who were waiting for the next trip, she hissed.

Without waiting too long, she went to the stairs and climbed it as fast as she could.

Why does she act like this? Why she was trying too hard just to go to Yixing?

In other words, she missed him.

But when she got Sungyeol back, she forgets.

Then, she feels sorry.

In front of the Intensive care area, she’s panting so hard. She’s hesitated. Does she needs to go in and cry like what she’s doing now?

 

//

 

Xiumin felt suffocated in there. He leaved Yixing who was sleeping peacefully, surrounded with many unfamiliar machines. Kris was already fell asleep at the couch with Chanyeol.

Whatever. He needs some fresh air. So, he left the room immediately.

But then, he saw a girl crying at the corner, in front of the intensive care entrance. He just let her be.

It’s not his problem anyway.

 

//

 

“Wake up, and live again…”

He had said those words thousandth times to Yixing. But he never gets any positive responds from him.

He holds that cool hands and looking at those pale face. Those hands were swaying happily to him before. That pale face always looks so happy to him. Like there are no worries at all. He lives his life to perfect until Kris himself felt that Yixing doesn’t feel like he’s dying.

How’s he gonna make him come back alive? Too miserable. He had been cried since the day Yixing fell from the bed and hurt him with the pieces of broken jar. He has no more tears to cry and longing for Yixing to get up again.

 

//

 

FLASHBACK

Few days before when he just had come back from his office like usual, he went straight ahead to Yixing’s room. Since Yixing had been stayed there quite a long time, he should call it home. With a box of fried chicken which is Yixing’s favorite food on earth, he walked happily while humming his favorite song along the hallway.

He pulled the door carefully, afraid that disturbing Yixing who was inside. If Yixing was asleep, he doesn’t wanna wake him up.

He needs to cheer that person up, no matter what.

“Oi Lay.” He called while smiling. Yixing was looking at the TV. He looked at it too but then felt it weird when Yixing doesn’t even laugh while watching Running Man.

Like there’s nothing funny in that show. Even sometimes he felt it funny.

There he goes again, he thought.

He put the food on the table and walked to Yixing. He pushed the button at the side of the bed, forcing the bed to be a little bit higher. Yixing doesn’t even shouting or being angry with him. Like, he’s too heartless to be seen.

“I got fried chicken for you. Wanna eat some?” He inquired. But then, Yixing refused it again.

“Why?” He knew why he refused. But he just makes himself like a dumb. As long as Yixing eats, he’s happy.

“I don’t have any appetite. Sorry,”

“No, you should eat some. I know you like it.”

“How long do you wanna treat me like this?”

Kris stopped from what he’s doing. He gave a glance on Yixing.

“What’s wrong with you?”

Yixing straighten his back, “Please, I’m tired being treated like this.”

“But why you musts say it now?”

He sighed. Yixing also let out heavy sighed. “Since I’ve already make up my mind.”

“What’s about?” Now he took a place like usual, in front of Yixing.

“Leave me alone,” he hissed.

“Yah, like I care?” Kris gave him an annoying look. He knew Yixing was stress lately because of that . He knew it well.

“If you gonna make me walk away because of that , forget it Lay. Please,”

Suddenly Yixing threw a vase near him. All of it ended up on the floor. Luckily Kris can get out of it quickly.

Now, he’s angry.

“What do you get if you behaving like this?! Where’s she when you need someone?! She just came to you when she cried and asked you to wipe of her tears! Don’t you get it that’s behind you all the time?!” Kris was panting hard, forcing himself to calm down, immediately.

He doesn’t know since when Yixing had becoming like this. He doesn’t know when Yixing had been behaving like a kid nowadays. He sick of it, seriously.

“So now you’re regretting everything you had done to me? Like that?!”

Now what? Why he’s being too emotional. Oh please.

“I’m not going to punch you Lay! If you behaving like this because you’re missing him, forget it! I’m not going to leave you whatever it takes! Don’t make me lose my temper on you.”

He left. With his anger, he doesn’t looked back. Even if Yixing called him so many times, he left. He doesn’t even think about the sharp pieces of those broken vase.

Yixing suddenly felt guilty. He never treats Kris like that. When Kris just walked away without turning his back anymore, he’s quickly going to chase him.

And that was the time when he loses his balanced from the bed and tripped. He fell on those sharp pieces of broken vase. He called Kris but he had never turned his back again. He tried to reach the emergency button, but it’s too far.

Lastly, all Yixing does is waiting for someone to come in, drowning in his own thick fresh bloods.

//

 

She doesn’t know from where those spirits came from. All she thinks is that sick guy. She just knows that he’s very sick, even sicker than Sungyeol himself.

She was regretted too much about it. She realized when she cried because of Sungyeol, he’s the one who she turned to. She even remembered the time when he wiped off her tears, willingly.

She walked in and heard the sick beat of those machines. Does he’s in a bad condition? She saw someone who fell asleep next to him, holding his hand tightly.

Oh yes, that tall guy, she thought.

Tears flow again through her cheeks. She saw Yixing was surrounded with those sick beat machines, and his body was covered with colorful wires.

Then she fell down on her knees. It’s make a quite loud sound, until it can wake Kris up.

“Dang it!” he swore. She was a bit afraid when he woke up.

 “What are you doing here?” he asked, rudely. Like she was not welcoming to this place.

She didn’t say any. Hoping that those teary eyes would answers the question.

“Oh please, don’t use your tears again.”

He was too annoying with those tears. Because of the tears, his friend ended up like this.

“How’s he?” she bravely asked, ignored the rude words came out from Kris’s mouth.

“Why?” That’s sound so sarcastic in her ears.

She went near the bed. Kris didn’t give any chances.

“Please, let me apologize myself to him. At least—“

“Oh please go away,” he replied by mimicking her whining voice. Surely, he has been too annoying to her to handle.

“What’s wrong with you?” She shouted on his face. He doesn’t even care when he was being pushed by her.

Then, when at the point he can’t handle it anymore, he holds her shoulder tightly.

“Stop it. I’m not gonna fall on you like what he did. Now please, go.”

“You’re too heartless! Please, I’m going to see him and apologize. Is that too hard too you to give me some space?”

“No.”

“Please,”

“You know why he ended up like this? He was too stupid for me to handle like before. I can’t handle Lay who was missing a girl too much. He was being too stupid waiting for someone who was just using him as a place to cry and when that person was okay, go again.”

“Are you saying about me?”

“If it’s fit your shoes, why don’t?”

She gave those fierce glares on this tall annoying guy. Kris’s also facing her without a smile. Kris just wanted to punch her on face. But reminds her as a girl, he holds his anger down.

Kris can’t handle it anymore. She doesn’t want to move, even an inched. Once Kris started to get close to her, she shouted.

“He’s moving! I saw is fingers are moving!”

Kris totally forgets about his angers. He quickly turned back. Yixing was smiling at him. At that point, he can’t handle himself.

‘You’re back. Hey man, I miss you!’ He says those through his eyes.

Yixing, in his pains, he still can smile to Kris. When he saw her was there, he hardly moved his hands in order to call her to go near him.

“Hey man,” Kris greeted after a long time in tears.

Yixing just smiling and he coughed a bit. She moved closer when Yixing called him.

“I’m sorry,” that the first thing she said when they meet.

“I…mi...ss…you…” He weakly said until Kris needs to get his ears near Yixing’s mouth.

“What?” She asked.

“He said he miss you.” Kris rudely replied. he still bear grudge to him.

“Fi…na..lly”

“What Lay?” Kris went near him once again. Yixing hardly forcing himself to speak. He said that he miss this girl so much and asked her to go near him. Kris gave a glare to her and she understands. Kris moved to the back, giving her space for her to talk alone with Yixing.

She does the same to. Then Yixing starts to speak one by one.

“How..Is…life?”

“I’m not crying again,”

Again, tears came from her eyes. That’s what makes Yixing laughed in pain.

“There...You…go…again…”

“I’m not crying. Its just rainingon my face,”

“Thank…you..”

“For what?”

“For…coming…”

“Don’t force yourself. You need rest.”

“Want…to…know….something?”

“What is it?”

“I…like…you…”

She forced herself to laugh when she heard those words. She looked at Yixing and suddenly he coughed blood, too many until it spills out on his clothes.

Kris went to him again. That was the time when Yixing grabbed his hands and say something.

“Go! Call doctors! Now!” He shouted at her. Yixing still doesn’t let him go. he went to his ears and listened.

“Please…”

“Please what? Stay there. You’re not gonna die. I promise.”

“Please…bring…my…mother.”

Kris cried. How come he gonna bring Yixing’s mother now?

“I will. You need to stay alive. I will bring him to you. I will.”

“I don’t….have much….time…left..”

Suho came with Xiumin. Xiumin ran to Yixing as the doctor went back outside to bring his things. Xiumin hold Yixing’s cool hand.

“Don’t die. Please, I’ll bring mother to you. Please don’t…”

Yixing just smiled and at that moment, his heart stopped beating.

“Oh please don’t,” Anna prayed at the edge of the room. They Intensive care ward was hectic with this situation. Xiumin pulled Kris aside to give space for Suho to do his jobs.

Suho does what he can with other nurses. He pressed Yixing’s body many times before he couldn’t see any changed. So he ordered one of the nurses to bring defibrillator machine and started doing his job.

First try, not working.

Second times, still doesn’t have any change.

Lastly, it’s just giving a negative result.

Kris can’t believe it. Suho came to them and gave the saddest looked to them. Kris really can’t believe it. Xiumin, even though he was coldly at that time, he stills can’t hide his sadness. Even the nurses can see that he’s crying alone inside.

Anna fell down on her knees, besides Kris. Two nurses started to pull out one the tubes one by one and covered Yixing’s body with clothes.

“I’m sorry. He had been face this for too long and I don’t think that he can stay longer,”

“It’s okay.” Xiumin patted his shoulder and go to Kris.

He pulled Kris and forced him to get up.

And he pulled Anna too.

Then, he hugged both of them; even he doesn’t know who the hell she is.

Yixing had gone away.

Yixing had leave Kris.

Yixing didn’t have chances to meet his mother.

Yixing let Kris crying.

Yixing had gone, peacefully.

//

The funeral

The day was too gloomy to everyone. When everyone dresses up in black, even sun shines can’t give shines on their days. Some of them were crying and some of them just stayed there quietly, like they’re crying inside of just go there and give the final tribute to the Late Zhang Yixing

Sungyeol was there. He knew about Yixing through his brothers. They all had known that his girlfriend was a friend of Yixing. He can’t stop her crying, so he volunteers himself to go to his funeral even though he doesn’t meet Yixing at all.

Anna can’t get herself back to this world. Thank God Sungyeol was there to help him with many things. Only Xiumin was there as the representative of his whole family. He saw a tall blonde guy standing at his side. Probably his brother or his friend.

“May you rest in peace. Forgive me.” Then she bowed. Quite a long time. Sungyeol just let her be.

He meet Xiumin at that side, he give his hand and Xiumin weakly welcoming.

“Condolences to your family on the passing of your brother. I’m truly felt sorry.”

“Thank you for your concern,” They bowed to each other. After had done all the things, Kris stopped her and Sungyeol when they’re about to leave,

“Hey girl, I’m sorry.” Kris said with his big growled voice. Sungyeol bowed and Kris does the same.

“It’s okay. Stay strong,”

Kris smiled. That was the sweetest smile she got from that cold-stoned guy like him.

Sungyeol just remind silent. When he thinks that Kris had done, he pulled her to the bike. He gave her helmet, but she let it be. So he helped her to wear it properly.

“Shhhh… stop crying.” He hissed.

“Promise me one thing?” she asked in her tears,

“What is it?” Sungyeol asking back using the sweetest tone he had just to cheer her up.

“Don’t die before me. Please,”

He swallowed down his saliva, bitterly.