There's always somebody when you need somebody.

Be My Superman.

 

1.00 pm –hospital.

 

Sunggyu’s POV

How am I gonna do right now?

How am I gonna find the donor?

How am I supposed to do to tell them about that kid?

 How am I gonna tell Myungsoo about this?         

I caressed back my hair. I don’t even know what to do now. Somebody. I need somebody.

 

2.30 pm –at home.

Hwayoung’s POV

I arrived at his apartment very late. I planned to go to his house at 2, but because my mother needs my help, I have to postpone it.

I brought the foods that I have made for my lovely Gyu and his brothers.  I tiptoed slowly into his house yard.

I pushed the bell button twice. I fixed my hair and my clothes. I have to look great. It’s a surprise for him.

I thought he’s the one who came out from the door, but it’s a girl. Is it his dongsaeng?

“Ahnyeonghaseyo.” She said and bowed to me. I glanced to this girl. She has flawless skin. More dazzling than mine. What a lucky kid she is.

“Can I help you, miss?” she said to me with a warm smile.

“This is Sunggyu’s house isn’t?” I asked again. I think I’ve knocked the wrong house. Dang it!

“Yes, this is. But Gyu Oppa isn’t at home right now.”

Gyu Oppa? He has a little sister? I thought his siblings were all boys.

“Sorry, but can I know who are you? I’ll tell Gyu Oppa later when he comes back.”

“I’m his friend, Hwayoung. Its okay, I’ll tell him. I thought he was here.  So, you’re his sister huh?”

“No, I’m just stay here. I’m renting one of the rooms in this house. Come in, I’ll make you some tea.”

I entered the room with excitement. I never have been to his house before. Yeah, our relationship still remains secret. She led me to the living room. I sat on one of the couch near the dining table. I saw someone sleeping on the couch next to me.

I observed his face. What a handsome guy he is. He’s so complex. His eyelash, his nose, his black shining hair and his features. I had to say that he’s better that Sunggyu. But I bet he has nothing that Sunggyu have. Well, he’s my forever prince. My soul, my life.

That girl came out with two cups of hot coffee. She served it to me and sat next to me.

I gave her the foods that I brought just now.

“Wow, what’s this? Is it for Gyu Oppa?” she asked with joyful. She’s so bubbly in my eyes.  I giggled when she popped out her eyes after she smelled the foods.

“I just came by. Actually I wanted to make a surprise for Sunggyu but he didn’t come home. So, I just give it to you. You could eat it with others.” I explained.

“Sure! I’ll give it to him once he came back. But, can I know your name? Or your age?”

“Oh, I forget to introduce myself. I’m Ryu Hwayoung.  I’m 22.”

“OMO! You’re older than me. Sorry.”

“Well, it’s okay. Maybe you think that we’re same age right?”

“Yeah, just by looking at your face. I thought we’re same age or you just older a year than me. Sorry unnie.”

“It’s okay dear. So, what’s your name?”

“I’m Anna. Lee Anna. I’m 18.”

We were shaking hands with an ecstatic face. We both giggled after a short funny intro from each other. She’s fun. Maybe I should make her as my sister since I don’t have a sister with me. She lives in Canada, studying business and decided to remain there. She married with a Canadian guy and has a Canadian baby boy.

We chatted this and that for an hour. I don’t realize that time passed by so quickly. I just remembered one thing that I wanted to ask her so bad.

“Who is this guy, Anna ya? He’s dazzling.”

“Oh unnie, she’s Sunggyu Oppa dongsaeng.”

“So you just live alone with this kid for the whole day?”

“Yes. Others said that they’ll come back but I guess they’ll come back late.”

“Did he sick? He looks pale.”

“He had a high fever just now. But he’s going well.”

“He’s your boyfriend huh?”

“Aniyo~! He’s just my boyfriend’s dongsaeng.”

“Don’t tell me you’re dating his brother and live in the same house? How lucky are you!”

“Unnie, I know you’re Gyu Oppa’s girlfriend.”

“Well, I’ll say yes. We’ve been dating for years. And maybe he’s my future.”

“How sweet! I like you. So, I’ll bless you with him.”

“Thank you dongsaeng-ah! I better make a move. I’ll come again when I have spare time.”

“Alright unnie. Thank you for the foods and laughs. I’ll remember that.”

 

****

-Hospital.

Sunggyu’s POV

Woohyun were sleeping soundly at the couch. I bet he’s too tired stayed up all night long with me and Hoya.

That kid too, he’s already knocked down, earlier than Woohyun.

I grabbed my phone on the table and looked at the notification.

I got a lot of miscalled. All of them were from Hwayoung. Did she have trouble? I quickly dialed up her number. Just for a moment, I heard her voice at the end of the line.

“Yah, did anything happen? Are you okay? Where are you?” I asked her panic.

“Aigoo Ajusshi~! If you really worried about me, you should pick up my calls!”

She’s angry.  I just can tell just hearing at her tone while she was talking to me.

“Sorry babe. Something came out. I’m just having this time to check my phone. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

She’s lying. Definitely. Girls would say that word when they’re even not okay. I know this Hwayoung very well.

“You’re lying.” I hissed. “I’m sorry babe. I’m really sorry.”

“Alright. I’ll accept you’re sorry. Where are you actually?”

“You wanna meet me? Where?”

I don’t want her to know where I am right now. She’ll found out that I have crisis. I don’t wanna make her feel burden with my problems.

“You’re not answering my question, Mr. Sunggyu”

“I-I-I- actually….somewhere. I had some work to do.”

“You didn’t come back home last night. Where are you going all night long? Don’t tell me you’re hanging out with another woman!”

“How do you know that I’m not come back home? Did you spy me, babe?”

I felt a little frustrated. This misunderstanding can lead into a big fight. I can’t lose her.

“Why should I spy you Sunggyu? I just wanna know where the hell you are right now!”

She screamed. She’s blow her top, maybe she thinks that I’m cheating her. This girl. Aish.

“Okay, I’ll tell you. But can we meet at the café near the national hospital? I’ll treat you coffee.”

“Okay. I’ll be there in 30 minutes. See you later, Gyu.”

 

Hwayoung’s POV

I entered the coffee house with a tensed look. I began to search for him but luckily just in a minute I found him sitting at the corner of the coffee house, next to the mirror, his favorite spot all the time.

I sat in front of him without he noticed me. He’s busy typing on his phone. Maybe texting with someone.

I stay there for 5 minutes. He still in dazed, looking blankly at his phone.

“Sunggyu” I called him with a rough voice. He quickly turned his head and looked at me.

“Oh hi babe, when did you come?” he asked me, with a warm smile he gave me that I felt like fake in my eyes.

He gave me a cup of hot chocolate and a slice of Oreo cheesecake, my favorite food all time.

I smiled. He knows exactly what I loved.

“So, what are you gonna tell me? I’m all ears.” I said eagerly. He took a deep breath and blew it roughly. I could see his tensed even though he smiled to me like nothing happen.

“I just wanna say, I miss you.”

I looked at him without words. He grinned.

“No. I know you’ve something else. Tell me Gyu. You aren’t strong enough to bear it alone.”

“There’s nothing I wanna say babe. I just wanna spend my days with you anyway.”

“No, I know you’re lying.”

“I’m not babe.”

I gave him a death glared. I don’t even care about his status to me anymore. His ego, as high as the 63 building. I even can’t stand his stubbornness.

“Okay, I know. I tell you. Actually, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were sick right now.  But Myungsoo just had slightly fever but not Sungyeol. And I don’t know what to do to tell him that…….”

I saw his eyes stared to produce tears. He couldn’t finished his sentence.

“That what?” I continued impatiently.

“His left kidney was not function able anymore.”

“WHAT?” I said with disbelief.

“I don’t know what to do. What should I say to him about this?”

He started to sob like crazy. He let out everything which he was kept it inside his heart for too long.

I can’t even stand his tears and I hugged him, tightly.

I just let him cried on my shoulder.

“Aigoo Ajusshi~ why would you crying like a kid? You’re adult already baby~”

I caressed his back gently. This Sunggyu definitely has an inner side in his self. I could see it clearly now.

“Gyu-ah, sometimes I can’t stand your ego. You shouldn’t keep everything by yourself.  Sometimes you should find someone to hear your problems. I could be your ears if you want to. Or you should share the problem within your siblings. I know you’re not strong enough but please Gyu, you shouldn’t pretend that you’re strong enough to handle everything. You’re just a normal person.”

With his teary eyes, he looked at me and whispered the word ‘thank you’ to me without a single voice. I gave him a tissue.

“So what are you gonna do know? Do you need my help babe?”

“No, thanks.  I won’t let you involve in my problem. Definitely NO.”

“Babe, I can try ask Joongki Oppa about that. He’s now a doctor at my father’s hospital. I can ask him about the donor thing.”

“No Hwayoung-ah. You just stay by my side and give me your shoulder when I need it. That’s all I ask for. Can you?”

“Alright Mr. Stubborn, I will stay by your side. You should tell me anything. Don’t keep it inside your heart. Share it with me, all the things.”

He grabbed my hands and squeezed it gently. He gave me a light kiss at my check.

When he’s done, we walked out the coffee house while holding each other. I wondered if I could remain like this forever.

He’s definitely my soul. Sunggyu, he definitely my eternity, beyond the infinity.