In a small world

Lost Pages of the Unpublished Love Story (Editing)

 

 

In a small world

Chapter Nine

 

 This thing that I did this morning. SInce, I didn't go to school due to suspension, I ride a bike. It's been ages that I ride a bike :)

---

 

Been awake by the sunshine in the morning is one of reasons which made your day ahead. “Same old times in a different world,” you said as you get up of your bed and start your day bright.

You crept out of your door like the old times. It’s only 6am in the morning obviously your parents are still sleeping. “Where are you going, miss?” one of your new maids said.

“Outside, see you later!” you waved to your maid and hop on your bike.

You step on the pedal and start pedalling all the way out of your gates. Your father insist that he wants to transfer you into your other house which bigger. But you told him that you prefer staying where you came first since it’s nearer to your school.

You pedal all the way to the deserted streets of Seoul. Cold air hit your cheeks as you pedal faster down the streets.

After few minutes wandering down your streets, you stop by a café to buy some hot chocolate drinks to warm you up.

 You enter the shop and saw two familiar girls standing at the counter.

“Two hot chocolate please” the girl with a long black hair said.

“Cindy?” you asked.

The girl in blonde hair faces you and a smile is painted in her face. “Eunjin!” The girl with a black hair looks at you immediately as she heard your name.

“Cousin!”

“Omo! Is that you cousin?” you asked her as if you as just dreaming.

“Yes, it’s me pabo. When did you come back?”

“Day before semester started.”

“I see.” She said.

“Here’s your order mam,” the crew said.

Cindy and Jingyeon grab their own drinks and move aside for your turn. You ordered the same thing as the two. “What’s with your outfit, Eunjin?”

“None of your business cousin since you don’t ride a bike here in Seoul for all I know,” you sarcastically said and put your tongue out.

“Whatever Eunjin,”

 

Walking in the streets with your cousin and your friend disturb the silent surroundings. As you turn around the corner you separate ways with them with a simple goodbye.

“What a small world,” was all you said after hearing the story how your cousin and Cindy meet.

You hop on your bike again and step on the pedal as you make your way back home. It’s already 8 am. Two hours of wandering in the streets early in the morning. You pass by the park and saw an old man fixing the flowers in the park. “Good Morning Ajhussi,” you said as you hold the brake of your bike.

“Good Morning miss,” he said pleasantly. “You want some fresh flowers?”

“If it is okay with you sir,” you smiled

The old man pick flowers for you and you place it in your basket. “Kamsahamnida Ajhussi.”

He smiled at you and said, “You can come here every day if you want it too.”

You smile at the invitation of the old man. “That’s a very kind of you sir. I’ll do my best to come here every day.”

You bowed at the old man and pedal once again way back home. Half hour had passed and you reach your streets. Only a few blocks away from your house you saw a woman standing by your gates.

“I guess we have a visitor,” you said and pedal a little faster.

“Annyeong Haseoyo, may I help you?” you said pleasantly to the woman.

“Annyeong Haseoyo,” was all she said with a small smile in her face. “You are living here?”

I nod at her as I put place the bike beside our gate. “Wae?”

“Nothing I’ve just asked. I was once living here.”

“Uhm, did you forget something here that’s why you are here?” you asked.

“Nothing to worry about it young lady if I forget something there, keep it. You’ll need it not today but someday. Of course, you don’t need to return it.”

Is she referring to the old notebook? Cos that’s the only thing I find. “I guess this house reminds you of memories, isn’t?”

“Yes, a lot of it. I reckon I should go, young lady. Pleasure to meet you,” she bowed and start walking to the direction where you this morning.

“Hope to see you again soon miss,” you whispered as you enter your gates.

 

You enter your house and saw your parents in the dining area. “Sweetie, what took you so long outside?”

“Long story, appa,” you smiled. “Umma, this is for you.”

“Thank you sweetie for the flowers.” your mom said.

“Sweetie, are you sure you don’t like to transfer?” your father asked you again.

“You repeated that question for almost a hundred of times, appa. I told you I’m satisfied here.” and I want to know what I can find here; this is not just a house after all. It’s a home. “And, I’ll just stay there when its vacation appa. I don’t like to see butlers and maids everyday because I’m not a princess”

“If that’s what you want sweetie,” your father said in an almost i-give-up tone.

You grab your milk and a toast and went upstairs. Since its weekend you plan to stay home and read the notebook again. There is something with the book that you can’t explain.

Nothing to worry about it young lady if I forget something there, keep it. You’ll need it not today but someday. Of course, you don’t need to return it.”

Is she referring to the old notebook? Cos, that’s the only thing I find. “I guess this house reminds you of memories, isn’t?”

 

You stop in the middle of the stairs and went down again and call one of your maids.

“Can you come with me?” you asked the same girl of your age who approach you this morning.

“Yes miss.”

“Hold on a minute. I’ll be back,” you said and take a mouthful bite of your toast and drink your milk and ran to your kitchen.

You grab her wrist and jog upstairs. “Miss! Be careful!” she cried.

“Don’t worry about me!” you chuckled at the young lady.

Both of you reach the second floor. “Do you know where the basement of the house is?”

“Yes miss,”

“Don’t call me miss we’re of the same age. Call me Eunjin”

“Yes mi—I mean Eunjin”

“Good!” you clap your hands as you grin at her.

“Uhm, mi—I mean Eunjin what are you going to do in the basement?”

“You’ll know it someday first I want you to find something antique in the house. I mean let’s search for things that it is not in our own property starting of this moment, arasso?”

“Ara-arasso. For what?”

“TBA,” you said flatly. “I want this to be secret okay? You can go back to work, soohyun.”

“Thank you Eunjin,” she bowed and left you alone.

You walk to your room and sit in your bed. You flip your pillow and pull the notebook. You open the page where you stop and flip the next page of it.

You saw a dried four leaf clover inserted on it. “Given by Park Chanyeol again for Hanna?”

1124347-12-1309210118560_large

 

*disregard the quotation :)*

 

--------------------------------------

The sun is saying hello again to Philippines :) It been a long time since the sun is hiding behind the clouds.

#prayforthephilippines. As of today, the weather seems to be kind today. Hoping for the rest of the days until the weekend comes. Pray for my country, in some parts of my country, it is still flooding and many of the students here can't go to school because of it. But in my case, classes are resume and I'm happy to see school though exams are on saturday. WISH ME LUCK.

Well, to be honest, this chapter inspired me with the

Sorry if it is boring :) I'll make the next chapter not a crap boring one :)

Hope I see your comments ^^

 

P.S HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT OUR DEAR LULU? Is he still injured? I hope he's fine :))

and who have twitter????