That little mistake

Lost Pages of the Unpublished Love Story (Editing)

 

That little mistake

Chapter Twenty-Seven

 

“Lee Hanna!”

Hanna is sitting in one of the seats in the auditorium. The pageant will take here later evening. Outside the auditorium, booths and different kinds of events is happening. None of the candidates are allowed to go out of the said auditorium since they have general rehearsals.

Most of the staffs finished decorating the place. Slowly, those who would be performing for the intermission number fix their own props and everything.

“Hey, I am calling for few times already.” Taeyeon said.

“Mianhe eunnie, what is it?”

“Did you eat already?”

“Neh,”

“Okay, come with me. We will start putting make-up on you.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

First week of December, everyone can slowly feel the Christmas air along the streets. As Eunjin enter the school grounds, snow had just settled in. She let out a sigh, as Eunjin reach the classroom she saw a woman with a kid.

“Good Morning ajhumma,” she greeted pleasantly.

“Good Morning,” she replied and turns her gaze on you.

Eunjin stop for a minute, she knew this woman. She met her before. “I remember you,”

“I do remember you too. You are the young lady with the bike.” She smiled.

“Nice to see you again ajhumma,” Eunjin bowed.

“Nice to see you too, are you in this class?”

“Neh. Wae?”

“Nothing, I guess it’s a small world? I am Myungsoo’s noona by the ways. Call me Nana eunnie.”

“Nice to meet you Nana-sshi, I mean Nana eunnie.” Eunjin smiled.

“I should go miss,”

Nana bowed and holds the hand of the little kid. Eunjin smiled as she passed by her and followed Nana by gaze. “Wait!”

“Yes?”

“Is that your son?”

With a smile, Nana nods and walks downstairs. Eunjin enter her classroom and saw Myungsoo standing near the podium. Eunjin put her bag down and noticed that Myungsoo is staring at her. “What?”

“You and Noona know each other?”

Eunjin shrugs and sits in her seat. “Not really. I just saw her one morning in front of my house.”

Myungsoo went near Eunjin and sit in the chair in front of Eunjin facing her. “And?”

“And, I asked her if she need something but she just said that she was once living there and that house seems very important to her.”

“I guess your father brought that house. We live there before but something happen to Noona, she fly abroad and stay there for years. She went back with a child but it is not her own child. She adopted it. When she came back here she told us to transfer house because of the memory she wants to forget.”

Eunjin smiled at him and strings behind the book start to get tied with one another. She wants to share it to Myungsoo but she guessed it’s not yet the right time. At the same time, she wants to meet Hanna/Nana once again.

“Eunjin!”

Eunjin titled her head and saw Cindy smiling widely. “I got good news!”

“What is it?”

“It’s about my cousin, you know,”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Time flies so fast. In few minutes time, the pageant is about to start. All candidates in their own uniforms, all of them are staying in the backstage before everything starts. Since they can’t hear anything from the backstage, they are just waiting for the signal of the staffs.

A staff ran out from somewhere clapping his hands. “Ready everyone. Candidates in the count of three, everything that you practice is for reality, arasso? Okay, in three, two, one GOOD LUCK KIDS!”

A night of the fabulous event is another milestone for the department who won. Hanna punched the elevator button and step in.

“Congratulations cousin,”

Hanna tilted her head and saw Alice. “Thank you Alice. I didn’t get the title unlike you I admit that you are better than me by the ways.”

“Whatever cousin, for a first timer like you it seems that you joined for a couple of times already.” Alice said.

“Shut up Alice.” Hanna said as they went out of the elevator. Since they have the same Psychology subject, they are classmates in this class. They entered the room and saw that most of them are here.

“Congrats Hanna!” most of the students said as they went to their sits. Hanna just smiled at them. She remembered the most important part of the pageant. They said that she should have won if the travel management’s answer was not a piece of cake.

[Flashback]

It is the time for the girls to walk in their formal attire. Hanna’s outfit is the white cocktail dress. It seems to be revealing when it was hanging but when Hanna wears it. She looks elegant.

“See, your dress finds you perfectly.” Taeyeon clapped her hands and went back to her work of arranging Hanna.

 As Hanna walk at the center of the stage, she just smiled like what she used to do during the two model parts. As she walks in the center of the stage, she forgot that her partner, Kris, would be walking after her. It is only seconds’ delay before Kris came to the center of the stage. As Hanna turn to her last turn, she starts walking back when Kris came. Hanna stops for awhile and remembered that she should be staying at the front of the sub-stage. She doesn’t know what to do but Kris smirk at Hanna. He kneel down and offer a hand to Hanna. Clueless, she accepted it and everyone in the crowd shouts and Kris kissed Hanna’s hand. Since the stage has a big screen where it can focus the candidates for a better look, the focus is on Hanna now. Her priceless expression just suits the moment. Kris smiled to Hanna and stand up. They are facing other, Kris lifted Hanna’s arm and turn her around slowly as she meets the half way of her turn. She is now facing the stage once again and Kris intertwined his hands with Hanna. He nods at her and they ran to the front of the sub-stage. Kris pulled Hanna and place his hands on her waist and they are now facing each other. They were inches close, Hanna’s hands lean on his chest to gain her balance as Kris held her chin up. He looked straight in her confuse eyes which make Kris smile widely, for less than three seconds of the staring contest he went a couple of inches near to Hanna. He titled his head as his face is just centimeter away from her. “Chill,” was he said and he smirk.  He turned his head to the audience; Hanna did as well and smiled nervously at them. Since they ran out of time, Kris pulled Hanna’s hand and ran from the stage.

As they reach the back stage, Kris separated from Hanna and the other candidates gather around Hanna. “hey! That is so unique! I bet you guys will win!”

“That is so sweet!” the other one said.

Sehun stand silently at one corner. His face was plain but inside his hurt. I should have done it. He rolled his eyes and prepared himself as all of them enter again the stage.

Later on, candidates are eliminated to top six and Hanna is one of the candidates as well as Dasom. For the boys, Sehun and Kris entered too. As they were called for the question and answer portion, it is announced that all of the points are reduced to more than a half of it. Seventy percent of the score is for the question and answer portion and the remaining is for the first part of the pageant.

Sehun was called first and he picked his question in the fish bowl. “Our question for Mr. Oh is…”

The host hand the mic and Sehun read his question, “According to psychology, destiny doesn’t exist and life is a matter of choice. What can you say about this?”

Sehun paused for a while and answered the question, “If psychology says that destiny doesn’t exist and life is a matter of choice….” He paused for a while and tilted his head to Hanna or a split second. “I can say that meeting the girl who gave a big impact in you when the first you met and meet her for the second time around by chance is not a matter of choice instead it is a call, a call to make a choice to make every single time precious with her or to find someone else…”

Everyone felt silent by Sehun’s answer. “And for me, I will take every single moment with her. Making her smile in a simple way is the best goal I could always have.” They all waited if Sehun will add something else but he hand the microphone back to the host and went back to his place. Sehun stand as if nothing happen since he answered it right. He was asked about his opinion and he gave his opinion and an answer to his own statement.

Kris was called next and like Sehun he picked his question too. “If you are given a chance to write your own story what would be its or what would be its highlight?”

Kris lifted his microphone up and inhaled. “I guess I am going to turn down that chance. I have my own story written by someone whom we all know who He is. I have these boring first chapters but all life stories has its twist so my real story written by Him is about to come. I don’t know when but I am just waiting… “ he smiled and continued. “Waiting for my and highlight, I know that it is somewhere here,” he point at his heart. “where my and highlight of my life would be coming out.”

Like Sehun, Kris handed the microphone and walk back to his spot.

Sooner, Hanna was called to the stage, “our question for Ms Lee is…” Hanna picked her question in the fish bowl. “Uhm…Love is patient. Love is kind. Love does not envy or boast. It is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way. It is not irritable or resentful. It does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, and hope all things endures all things. What can you say about this famous bible verse?”

Hanna handed the question to the host with a deep breath. Love? Patient? Kind? “Love is patient, kind, does not envy or boast. As they say love never ends, love is the greatest among all. Love is God and God is Love. Love is not just a word we know or we feel it is an understanding to say. It is also the key to unlock all uncertainties we have. Love is can’t measurable because love is infinite.”

[End of Flashback]

Hanna snapped back when Alice taps her shoulders. “Hello to Earth Hanna!”

“Wae?” Hanna asked.

“Hello? Did you not see your bestfriend?” Alice whispered.

“I did. He should be with us here in Psychology. He’s one of our classmates. Wae?”  Hanna looked at Alice weirdly.

“What?” Alice asked shockingly.

“What’s the matter, Alice?”

“Never mind, you should have known what happened to me last time!”

“Oh yes, speaking of it. Blurt the story to me.” Hanna demanded.

“What? No way!”

“Yes way!”

‘With him sitting beside you? No way!” Alice rolled her eyes and transfer sit with Kris. Hanna turn to her head to the other side and saw Chanyeol frowning at Alice. “Channie-dobby, your forehead might have wrinkles.”

“Me? Impossible Hannie potter, that Lastringe has wrinkles. Look,” Chanyeol pouts.

Hanna turn her gaze and caught Alice’ eyes rolling. “Your eyes, I can pull it off your socket.”

“Cousin?”

“Now, if you don’t like to become blind just tell me the story, okay?”

Though Alice knew that Hanna is just kidding still she knows that her cousin will not stop bugging her about what had happened starting off the moment Chanyeol pulled Alice hand…That little mistake

 

------------------------------------------------------

Merry Christmas people! :))

 

To all my kababayan over the AFF! Maligayang pasko! Hahaha!

 

"Pasko na naman 
O kay tulin ng araw 
Paskong nagdaan 
Tila ba kung kailan lang

Ngayon ay Pasko 
Dapat pasalamatan 
Ngayon ay Pasko 
Tayo ay mag-awitan.

Pasko! Pasko! 
Pasko na namang muli. 
Tanging araw na ating pinakamimithi.
Pasko! Pasko! 
Pasko na namang muli. 
Ang pag-ibig naghahari!"

NAMAMASKO PO!!!

 

Oh co-Filipinos out there! NAMAMASKO PO SI MADEL! :))

And to everyone all over the world! /knocks on your door/ Merry Christmas! /grins/

I am accepting bills. Lols. Just kidding. I am accepting comments and subs :) I don't bite. I am kind :)))