Things aren't getting any better

Lost Pages of the Unpublished Love Story (Editing)

 

Things aren't getting any better

Chapter Thirty One

 

The three of them went outside the pavilion and they sit in the fountain. “So you mean Hanna write a story about her first year college life?” Baekhyun asked Eunjin after she shared the things that she had read for the past three months.

“I guess?” Eunjin replied with uncertainties.

“Well, from the side of that notebook, I guess Hanna write all the specific important events during that time.” Baehkhyun said. “All of the things that she wrote were all true.”

“I am just curious about the note that she write two years ago though,” She added.

“What did she said?” Baekhyun asked. From his expression, she seemed to be so alarmed when she mention about the note that she write two years ago.

“She said that she came back ten years ago, she is dreaming of her happy ever after ending and also she mention in the last part that she is still holding a promise to someone I still don’t have any idea.” She sigh a little as she accidentally grabs Cindy’s drink instead of hers.

Cindy gap a little seeing that she pick the wrong drink. Cindy’s drink is a wine and Eunjin’s drink is a juice, as far as Cindy can remember she refused to take wines especially at this gatherings. Wine doesn’t hurt much right? She thought.

“Hey, this is not my drink,” Eunjin frowned a little and put the wine back. Cindy snatch is away and move Eunjin’s drink in beside here.

Baaekhyun smirked at that little comment of Eunjin and Cindy’s priceless expression. “I guess I know what she mean.” Was all he replied to Eunjin.

“Care to share?”

“Hanna shared this to me before she left the country. She promised to that someone that she will marry him if they meet once again. I personally don’t know who it is since Kris and Sehun both leave the country at the same time with Hanna.”

“What? All of them leave the country?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he answered.

“Eunjin-ah you should finished reading the book immediately so you will know whom she said a promise to.” Cindy commented.

“Yeah I know.” She said as she remembered something. “There’s one more thing I meet Hanna personally already.”

“Really? What did she said?”

Eunjin shared the story to Baekhyun, who is listening attentively. Cindy excused herself since she needs to get a drink again. “…so that’s how I meet her.” Eunjin smiled faintly at Baekhyun.

“Small world?” Baekhyun turn his gaze away, Eunjin followed Baekhyun’s gaze. From afar, they saw tiny orbs all over the trees. Eunjin recognize this orbs as fireflies. It’s been a long time since she saw one. It is still way back in Canada. Nothing special memory of her reminds when she watch the fireflies roamed around, she just feel so special seeing fireflies since in this generation since climate isn’t getting any better.

She remembered that its 2025, technologies change like in a snap. Old iPads turned into different sizes, terabytes is now second to the largest memory that exists. Way back in the first years of the twenty first century, phones are in keypads that evolved into flip-flop phones to sliding to QWERTY keypads to touch screens phones and touch screens pads. Computers and televisions turned into their thinnest size, wifi accessed, and Bluetooth access. It is also touch screen even its remote control. Still remember the Android? There’s something better than it.

Life isn’t simpler than before, seeing simple things like fireflies is very refreshing to their minds. “I missed the old times.” Baekhyun said after that short term of silence.

“I wonder how the old times looked like.”

“It’s a better world for me,” Baekhyun shifted his gaze back on Eunjin. Eunjin smiled at Baekhyun. It is fun that she have talk to someone rather she have to someone she have just read from the notebook. Her smiled turn bigger when she remembered something.

“I remember you from the book, Luhan and Sehun are calling you Bacon eomma!” Eunjin cooed as she tries to hold her silent giggles. “Hanna wrote that too?”

“Obviously Bacon eomma!” Eunjin laughed out loud this time around. “A cupid of Park Chanyeol, too? I can’t imagine how you guys really looked way back then. How I wish to have a field trip to the past.”

“Hey! I am the most handsome cupid ever! Do you know that Alice and Chanyeol got married five years ago? I am such a good cupid and they already had twins!”

“Really? Wow, I just stop reading where Alice said, ‘Yes, A command from my heart I am commanding your heart to follow his queen which is my heart.’” Eunjin quoted the line.

“I could still remember them too.” Baekhyun giggled. “By the way, what are your plans after reading that notebook?”

“I guess I need to find Hanna? And return the notebook afterwards since I don’t own it anyways.” Eunjin replied. “But I am not sure about returning that book. There’s something I want to find out more that I can’t explain it.”

Baekhyun crunched a little at the sudden confession of Eunjin. “What do you mean?”

“Well, it’s just that I remembered the first lines of the book wherein Sehun and Hanna met when they were young but Hanna seem not to remember from the flow of the story, I am just wondering how she wrote it.”

“We can’t put out conclusions today but let me tell you one thing about Hanna.” Baekhyun look at Eunjin straight in the eyes and said, “Grant her wish of having a happy ever after with that guy she promised. Maybe you are the fairy godmother that she had been waiting for.”

“Are you sure?”

Baekhyun nods, “Yes, it’s the same date as now. I meet her two years ago, when I saw her in one of the coffee shops in Seoul and she  said that she’s waiting for two persons. I don’t know who they are but I feel that you are that other person that Hanna is waiting.”

Eunjin cut that eye contact with Baekhyun when Cindy came approaching. “Are you done?”

Eunjin look to her side and saw Baekhyun standing. “Yeah, why?”

“Well, our parents needs us Eunjin, they are on stage and we are about to be introduce. Mind to come along with me?”

Eunjin stand up and grab her drinks. “Let’s go.” She smiled at Cindy and Baekhyun and together they went back inside the pavilion.

Behind Eunjin’s mind is a mess. She is totally confused, as she is walking on her way to the stage she accidentally bumped someone but good thing that her drink didn’t do any harm. “I’m sorry.” She apologized in English.

She looked at the guy and he smiled. “Nice to see you again?”

“Mr. Kevin Wu?”

“Good thing you remembered me,” He smiled and nod his head to go up on stage. He turn his back and stop for awhile when he saw Baekhyun staring at him back.

“Hyung?” Baekhyun’s tone was shocked.

Eunjin frowned a little as the spotlight stop at her. She remembered that she is being called on stage. As she reach the stage, Cindy whispered behind her smiles. I saw Baekhyun oppa’s reaction from the guy you bumped. Who is he?

“It’s Mr. Kevin Wu, one of the investors of Samsung too according one of our butlers.” Eunjin whispered behind Cindy’s ear and smiled at the audience and the camera.

“Really?” Cindy’s eyes were still pinned on the two who is now making their way out of the pavilion. Unlike Eunjin who is neither confused nor curious about Kevin Wu. Cindy is curious who is this Kevin Wu, that surname Wu seems to be familiar to her.

“Jin, are you not curious who Mr. Kevin Wu is?”

“I am, of course.” Eunjin replied as they went down the stage heading to the bathroom.

“I want to check them out now.”

Eunjin hit Cindy’s arms. “That’s rude.” She rolled her eyes. Cindy laughed a little remembering that Eunjin is the one rude. “Speaking of the one who said it,”

She put her tongue out and ran to one of the cubicles leaving Eunjin behind.

 

 

 

Happy New Year!

I have two weeks vacation but I hardly update since I am fixing what should be the next. Well, I feel like wrong in letting Baekhyun  to enter  this early in this so-called present time. I have a hard time not to slip who is who the guy Hanna made promise that's the reason why. 

and also I want this to be a revelation chapter but I realize something wrong. I still need to figure out. Hahaha.

Can I have comment? Am like in a hurry or what? xD. 

I don't know what to do.

MY MIND IS SO MESSED UP.

I need to  go back to the notebook immediately.