Unexpected delay

Lost Pages of the Unpublished Love Story (Editing)

 

 

Unexpected delay

Chapter Thirty Eight

 

It is another day for Hanna. She went to the kitchen and saw her parents and Myungsoo in the dining area. “Good Morning,” she greeted and opens the fridge.

“I heard that you are going to spend vacation in Macau?” Her father asked. He sips his coffee and eyed again on his newspaper. “Err~well yes, Appa but I have no idea why did you allow me?” Hanna poured milk on her glass and lean on the counter.

“You need a break. I know school is stressing you so much and it’s our Christmas gift for you.” Her father smiled and fold the newspaper into two afterwards. “I need to go,” he peck a kiss on his wife and to Myungsoo who frown a little.

“Take care, Nana.” he peck a kiss on her forehead. “Take care, dad!”

Hanna takes her sit where beside Myungsoo and pinches his cheeks. “Neomo kyeopta Myungsoo-ah,” Hanna smiled at her baby brother who is just playing with his toy. “Oh, Nana…” her mother stands up. “Take a look on Myungsoo and please let him finish his food. I am just going to clean the house.”

“Neh.” Hanna replied. She takes a sip of milk and stares at her five year old brother. “Myungsoo-ah,” she called her softly. Myungsoo look at her with his big eyes and turn his gaze back at his toy. “Broom broom…” he said as he moved his toy car until it bump Hanna’s hand. He grins widely at her sister.

Hanna patted her brother’s head. “Do you think noona is ready to have another guy except for you and Appa?” Myungsoo blink at her. “Noona, I thought I am your only guy?”

Hanna chuckled at her brother. “Myungsoo-ah, noona can’t marry you in the future.” She disarranged his brother’s hair. “Noona who is that guy that you want to marry?” he pouted a little.

“I don’t know who Myungsoo-ah but do you want to meet the guy whom I think I will be ending up?”

“Aniyo, I don’t like.” He shook his head in disapproval. “Why?” she asked him. “It’s because he is just going to steal my position there.” He points his little finger in her heart.

“Omo~” Hanna laughed softly at her brother’s silliness. “No one’s going to steal your position in my heart Myung. There’s someone who will just complete this heart of mine.”

“Is Appa and I not enough to complete your heart?” he frowned at that thought. “You guys completed my heart already but noona needs someone. We need to continue our family. Don’t you like noona to be a grandmother or a mother like eomma in the future?”

He taps his finger and looked at Hanna. “I want but noona, can you make me pinky promise?”

“What is it?”

He put out his pinky finger and crossed it with Hanna’s, “promise to Myungsoo that the guy who will compete with me should win over me.” He shook it and smiled at his noona. Hanna laughed at her brother. She can imagine that her brother would be a protective and possessive boyfriend in the future. “Silly Myung.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day seem to be long, Hanna starts packing her things inside her luggage while Myungsoo is playing in her bed. He stops for a while and look at the door. “Noona,” he pouted. Hanna stops for a while and saw Sehun standing by her door.

“Sehun-ah?” Hanna claps her hands to dust off her hands. “What are you doing here?”

“Nothing, I am just neighboring?”

“Do you even know what neighboring means?” Hanna raised an eyebrow. “Now, spill your reason.” Since yesterday, it’s been quite a progress that the both of them talk to one another. Though there is still awkward term between the both of them they find for a room that they need to break this wall.

“I am just here to visit you.”

“Am I sick to be visited?”

“No.” Sehun said. “But…” Hanna folded her arms in front of her. She looked at Sehun to go along. “I just missed you.” Hanna blush a little and turns her back. “That’s it? You may go.” Hanna smiled sheepishly as she packed her things.

“Hey, are you not going to let me stay for five minutes?”

“Noona, who is he?” Myungsoo butted in. He jumps off and ran in front of Sehun. “Are you the guy that noona is saying to me?”

Sehun bend down and give Myungsoo him a smile though he is confused about what this kid said. “What do you mean?”

“Are you the guy who stole my noona’s heart from me?”

“What? Do I look like a stealer?” Sehun looked at Hanna who just shrugs back at him. “No but you look like someone whom I need to beat.”

“Beat? Why?” Sehun asked more. “It’s because, you seemed the guy that noona said to me! Noona promised to me that if you win I will give personally give noona’s heart.”

“Is this sort of exam?”

Myungsoo nod at him. “And you need to study if you don’t like to fail.” Myungsoo grinned at him. Sehun smiled at him and patted his hair. “So who will be my teacher for your test little boy?”

“Noona!” He replied automatically.

“Myungsoo-ah? Who told you that I am his teacher?” Hanna raised an eyebrow at him. Myungsoo put his tongue out and look at Sehun again. “What is your name?”

“Oh Sehun imnida.” He smiled again. “Lee Myungsoo imnida.” The kid said and pulled his hand for a handshake which Sehun accept it immediately. Their handshake moment was interrupted with Mrs. Lee rushing to the room. “Hanna, we need to go the hospital.”

The room seems to be tensed up easily. “Eomma, wae?

“Your father was sent to be hospital. Let’s go!” Hanna didn’t take time to change outfit and she just follow Mrs. Lee downstairs. Sehun carried the confused Myungsoo downstairs. “My car is outside Mrs. Lee, I will accompany you to the hospital.”

Mrs. Lee nodded at him and all of them went of the hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They came rushing to the hospital and stop by a nurse station. “Where is my husband?” Mrs. Lee asked with a tone of panic.  “What is his name?”

“Dongwoo Lee.” She replied.

“He’s at room 312.”

Mrs. Lee forgets to say thank you and ran to the room where her husband is. Hanna bowed at the nurse and followed her mother with Sehun and Myungsoo by her side. As they are on the floor where 312 room is. Sehun saw his father walking with a nurse by his side.

“Appa.” Sehun called out.

Dr. Oh stop for a while and saw Sehun then turn his gaze to Hanna and to Myungsoo who is holding the hands of Sehun and Hanna. “Excuse me for a while,” he said to the nurse who bowed immediately.

He gave heart-warming smile to them and pats Myungsoo’s head. “Your father is already in stable condition.” He looked at Hanna.

“What are you doing here, son?”

Sehun scratch his nape and replied, “I am accompanying them, Appa.” Dr. Oh put a hand in his shoulder and whisper something. “Preparing for the future, son?”

“Appa?!” Sehun raised his voice. Dr. Oh chuckled and nod at Hanna. “I should go. See you around kids!” He waved.

Hanna looked at Sehun. “Hey~ are you alright?”

Sehun nod at her as he open the door. “I am.”

Hanna went to bed where her father lies. “Appa,”

“Yes honey?”

Hanna takes a sit beside her father. “What happened to you?” Her father smiled and squeezed daughter’s hand. “Don’t worry about me. Are you done packing your things?”

“No, I came rushing because of you. Look at me I am still wearing my bunny slippers.” Hanna pouted like a kid beside her father. Mr. Lee chuckled a bit and disarranges her daughter’s hair. “You can go, your mom is here and your flight is still in the morning.”

Hanna frowned, she doesn’t like to go to a vacation and enjoy while her father is staying in his four corner of this ward. “Sehun, can I just rebook my flight?”

“Sure,” Sehun replied. “I will just rebook my flight too so you wouldn’t be alone going to Macau.” Sehun take a sit beside Mrs.  Oh who is busy peeling the apples off.

“But you will miss the fun.”

“Where’s the fun when you are not there too?”

Mr. Oh cough a little and eyed Sehun. He looked at him for a meaningful second and called his wife. “Would you girls mind to leave for a while? I am going to have a talk with a guy over here.”

 

 

-------------------------------------

Another update. Authornim is sick. I'll try to update again today or tomorrow. :)

Mian if I can't start posting Christmas vacation chapters. It will be posted soon