Mr. and Ms. Freshman: first meeting

Lost Pages of the Unpublished Love Story (Editing)

  

Mr. and Ms. Freshman: first meeting

Chapter 19

 

After a month from Hanna’s birthday, first semester is harder than they expect. Asides from quizzes and other classroom activities, school activities seem to be endless. Seminars take every other week, some events of different organizations take them as audience, visitors and other foreign exchange students came unexpectedly.

In the premedical department they have just finish their semifinal examinations. Students are from Hanna’s class were asked to stay for few minutes for some important announcements.

“As you can remember, one month ago you choose among your classmates who would be your muse and for the upcoming freshman day. The premedical department cancelled the upcoming acquaintance ball due to the endless activities of the university. So we have decided a week ago that we are going to pick in your course who would be our candidates for the Mr. and Ms. Freshman King and Queen.” The professor said calmly in his seat.

Hanna shifted her seatmate uncomfortably and Kris feels it too. “And we have decided who will be our candidates for this coming event. As the adviser of this section, I am very overwhelmed that two of your classmates will be our participants in this event!”

Ohmyg─ Hanna screamed inside her mind. She almost forgot that event. Thanks to the one who pick her, they’ll just lose in this contest. Kris, who smirk at Hanna, stand up when their professor ask them to walk in front. Myungsoo and Baekhyun high five each other and laugh silently. “Ms. Lee?” the professor called out.

“Deh?”

“Come here in front please.”

Hanna stands up and she felt her knees weaken as she walks in front. “I need to talk to the both of you now.” He whispered and faces the class. “Class Dismiss.”

All of the students went out the room excitedly leaving Hanna and Kris with the professor. “Take your sits.”

They did what the professor told them too. “The event will be held in the school gymnasium, next Friday. You need to go to the gym after thirty minutes so I need to talk to you fast.” He said as he browses his things.

He handed them an invitation and a white bond paper. “In that white bond paper contains everything about the pageant. You will have to change dress three times: your uniform, casual wear and formal wear….”

The two of them listen attentively as the time ticks so fast. Twenty minutes had passed and the professor dismissed them. Hanna and Kris walk together as they went out of their building. “Something’s bothering?” Kris asked.

“Not really, I just don’t like to join the pageant.” Hanna said.

“Well, you don’t have a choice.” Kris smiled faintly. “I, myself hate this kind of things. I find this lame and funny but it’s only fine with me since you are my partner.”

Hanna rolled her eyes and kick Kris in his thighs. She walked away by herself to the gymnasium. Kris wipes his pants off and jogs to catch up Hanna.

Both of them reach the gym, Hanna really admire their gym since it’s like a replica of the gymnasium in High School Musical. At the stage, she saw some students sitting and some are standing.

“Hyung!” a familiar voice approach them as they are only few feet from the stage.

“Sehun-ah,” Hanna smiled at him.

Sehun stop for a moment and his heart made little jump when he saw Hanna smiling at her. Again, he stands there like a Greek statue for a moment enough for Hanna to notice it. “Gwenchana?” Hanna asked with a worry in her tone.

Sehun snapped back to reality and nod at her, “Annyeong Hanna,” he smiled. Kris made a distracting tone for him to be notice. “Hyung,” Sehun said weakly.

“I don’t know that you are one of the candidates,” Kris said as he pats Sehun’s head. Kris put his arm around Sehun’s neck and they walk together leaving Hanna. With a sigh, Hanna went up to the stage and sat on the edge of it. Some of the girl candidates are sitting few feet from her but like her they are sitting alone while some of the boys are talking with the other boy candidates. A guy sit beside her, she remembered who this guy is. The guy at the rooftop, she muttered.

“Hey,” he said.

“You are one of the candidates too?” Hanna asked.

“Yep, by the way Daehyun imnida.” He said and put out his hand.

Hanna accepts it with a smile on her, “Lee Hanna, nice to meet you.”

“Did you volunteer to join?” Daehyun open the topic.

“No, my classmates do and I was left with no choice, how about you?”

“Same reasons,” Daehyun chuckled as he gazed down in her wrist.

“Your necklace is pretty.” Hanna looked at him quizzically and laughed silently inside her mind. Pabo Hanna. You think Daehyun-sshi will say that you are pretty? Of course not! “Thank you Daehyun-sshi. It’s a gift from D.O.”

“D.O?” he questioned.

“Kris’ friend.” You point where Kris is. Kris saw you pointing at him but you just rolled your eyes and smiled at Daehyun. “I remembered that it is my birthday when we first met.”

“Really? Sorry, I didn’t know” he scratch the back of his neck. “Belated Happy Birthday?”

Someone clap from their back loudly as if a wire snapped from their backs. “Are all the candidates here?” He asked. All of the candidates stand up and go to the guy in black with a camera hung in his neck. Hanna nod at Daehyun as they know that the meeting for this pageant is about to start. “Take you seats.”

“As for the upcoming freshman day here, I am so happy that this batch of candidates is all pretty and handsome. Well-chosen candidates,”

Hanna take a gulp as she didn’t like the term that the guy said, well-chosen candidates. “Let me introduce myself, I am Go Seungchan, the coordinator of this event.”

Everyone listen attentively to the coordinator after few minutes of the so-called meeting they are asked to line by the height. There are twenty five candidates for girls and twenty five for boys. Hanna lined as the seventh in the girls while Kris stand at the back. He’s a giant after all but the coordinator changes his mind, “I want you to go with your own departments.” He said pointing in the floor the spot of each department.

After three hours of their first practice, everyone was tired walking in the stage. The coordinator called everyone for the last talk before he sent them home. “Call time eight o’clock in the morning here in the gym. We will be having your photo shoot in a specific place in this campus, and also bring dress for girls. Don’t worry about the make-up artist, and also for the boys, semi-formal please or if you don’t like it too bring anything that you think it will put out your best personality.”

The coordinator dismisses them and Hanna was happy that she became close with the girls easily. “See you tomorrow, Hanna!” the other girl waved walking towards a guy.

“What are you going to wear tomorrow?” another girl from Computer studies asked.

“No idea,” Hanna replied. “You?”

“Same with you I guess I will go to mall.” She grins as the both of them went out of the gym.

Kris went to Hanna and pulled her easily. Hanna didn’t have a time to say goodbye to her new friend. “What?” Hanna’s eyes bored on Kris.

“Do you have to clothes for the pageant?” he asked immediately,

Hanna raised an eyebrow at him. Before she can answer Kris push her inside his car. Hanna doesn’t know what’s happening with Kris pulling him without a reason to the parking lot.

Kris turns on the engine to life and they made their way to the mall. Not long enough, Kris went out of the car and Hanna followed before he can open it for Hanna, without a look he pulled Hanna inside the mall.

They entered a stall full of formal attires. Kris looks at the clothes hanging in the rack while Hanna stand confused at him. He pulled out three set of dress and hand it to Hanna.

“Try those,” he commanded her as the lady approaches them. “Annyeong Mr. Wu Fan, what can we do for you?” Hanna didn’t move a single inch from her spot still, her eyes staring at Kris. “What?” he asked.

“Do I need to call someone to help in changing?”

Hanna shook her hand and made her way to the dressing room. She’s wearing a polka polo on her tops and a maong pants so she won’t be taking much time in changing. She gets the sky blue dress and accidentally she saw the price. Her eyes almost went out of its socket when she saw the price of the dress. “Omo! How will I pay this kind of dress?” she muttered with a frown in her eyebrows.

“Yah! Are done?” Kris asked. Hanna went out the dressing room and Kris easily shook his head. The lady, who approached them a while ago, came and Kris grabs those dozen of clothes and passed it to Hanna. “Try them all.”

“Eh?” was all Hanna can utter. Kris rolled his eyes and pushes her back inside the dressing room.

While waiting Kris sat in one of couches in front of the dressing room Hanna went out wearing a black dress. Kris shook his head again and shooed her back inside.

Hanna tried on countless clothes inside the dressing room, a lady help her putting dress while the other one is fixing those piles of clothes that Hanna tried. She went out again and Kris shook his head. Seriously? Wearing clothes on and off is tiring! What’s the matter? The ladies said some of the clothes look good on me and I do agree with it. What is the problem of this giant? Hanna thought annoyingly as she tried another light dress.

Kris studied her for a moment, almost but…. “Go back.” He said boringly. He could see Hanna annoyed at the same time tired. That’s the problem with this petite girl the clothes here are all nice but nothing suits her. She needs to eat more maybe a miracle will happen. He rolled his eyes as Hanna step out of the dressing room wearing a pink clothes. Kris stares at her for a moment. “Perfect.” He said in a flat tone. “Change to your clothes once again we’ll be going somewhere again.”

Hanna rolled her eyes and went back inside. Kris closes his eyes as the picture of Hanna in that dress flash. Atlast, I found what I am picturing of her dress. Kris flew his eyes open and hit his forehead with his forefinger. Damn, why am I even picturing of the witch? Hanna went out the dressing with the dress in her hand. “Yah!” she yelled at him.

Kris stand at up and snatch the dress to her. He walk to the counter and paid for the dress. “Thank you for coming, sir” an ajhussi bowed. Kris smiled at her and pulled Hanna out of the store. As they went out he heard some ladies saying, ‘they are perfect for each other,’ ‘It’s very unusual to see some couples like cat and dog,’ Kris smirk hearing those.

Hanna stops walking and remove Kris’ grip on her wrist. “Yah! I’m tired!” Hanna’s face is haggard as ever. Her hair stand in different direction “I’m going home,” was all she said and turned her back.

“Yah! We are not yet done,”

“And so?”

“Whether you like or not, you’ll be with me to find our outfits.”

“Am I hallucinating? Did I hear it correctly? You said ‘our’?”

Kris nods at her and Hanna was enlightened by this idea. Gotcha, time for my revenge “I’d love that idea Kris, we will found ‘our’ outfits” she said sweetly and pulled Kris to the department store.

This time, I will be sitting in the couch like a boss and you’ll be the one changing clothes like a doll.

 

 

 

------------------------

Sorry guys, if this is nothing you know. It is crappy.

I am really starting  to have writer's block there are some ideas of course that is inside my mind

BUT IT IS FOR FUTURE SCENES, I don't know why my mind is thinking ahead of this story.

 

Ah  yes, thank you for the subs! I am so happy! :))

There would be a new character entering on the next chapter don't worry I won't be making the story too compicated with this new character. This character  will just make this story colorful in other waysssss.

 

SAD TO SAY, school is four days away. Holidays is so fast! I will be updating slow again since I really need to strive harder for this semester. I am so guilty about my grades. I got fine grades guys, but still I didn't give my best. I want to know if I give my best what would be the outcome since I am not yet really doing it ever since. I want do something new and I need to start of something new. :)

Okay, I am talking nonsense again here. Hope you enjoy reading! :)))