Birthday Surprise

Lost Pages of the Unpublished Love Story (Editing)

 

Birthday Surprise

Chapter 17

Walking with a blindfold is totally a joke for Hanna. She’d been blindfolded twice for her birthday. So this is the new trend today, huh? Hanna thought as she walks to nowhere accompanied by Chanyeol and Kris. Kris and Chanyeol reach the place and told Hanna to stand there and wait for their signal when to remove the blindfold.

Kris and Chanyeol ran beside Sehun who is holding a cake. The rest of the boys are holding red and white roses while Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun hold blue roses and Minji who is standing beside Xiumin hold a big birthday card. The card is bigger than her where she could hide herself.

So the set-up for the birthday is ready after few minutes. The band is at the far-end center of the venue. There are five small round tables formed in a U-shaped. One table stands in front of the band where another cake is placed. Tao and Suho are the one assigned for the three-layered cake and the gifts. In the middle of the venue, rose petals form a big heart-shaped where Kris, Sehun and Chanyeol stands inside. The guitarists, drummer and pianist came in the platform while Luhan, D.O, Baekhyun and Chen check their microphones and their earphones open to every member so they can contact each other easily. Kai and Lay stand few feet from the birthday girl preparing for a dance number. Xiumin and Minji stand nearest to Hanna. Minji is only a feet away from her and Xiumin is just behind Hanna.

With a signal from Kris on the earphone, Xiumin remove Hanna’s blindfold and said, “Enjoy your eighteenth birthday with us!”  Hanna opened her eyes and saw Minji standing in front of her with a big card covering Minji’s body. “Saengil chukahamnida Hanna!” and she handed her the big birthday card to Hanna. Hanna, who is just in awe of this surprise birthday party, can’t help but to let her tears fall in joy. Minji step aside and motion her to walk ahead. As Hanna take her step, music from the band start playing and Lay and Kai start dancing gracefully in the tune of one of her favorite songs. Both of them walk towards Hanna in a blink, two roses appeared in her front─one red and one white. “Happy Birthday Hanna!” both of them said in unison and ushered her; few feet from the heart-shaped rose petals where the three boys stand, smiling at her.

Hanna stares at them for a moment. It is too surreal that these guys made this wonderful party. “Hannie! Step inside the heart! Hurry up! The candle is about to die!” Chanyeol snapped her out of her thoughts.

 “Arasso Channie!” Hanna chuckled.

As Hanna step in, the three of them sang a happy birthday song. It’s cute to watch them singing happy birthday especially Chanyeol with his tall features and his baby face that didn’t match his deep voice as well as his actions─like a kid. Kris and Sehun who sing with great smiles painted in their faces. “Make a wish!” Chanyeol said after they sang the birthday song.

Hanna grins at him and close her eyes, I don’t have a wish for now so I want this wish to be reserve for now. Right, that’s my wish.  She opened her eyes and blows the cake. “Thank you everyone,” was all Hanna can say but a Thank You is still not enough. “Hey! It’s not yet done!” Chanyeol said as he put an arm over Hanna’s shoulder and together they went to the table where Suho and Tao are waiting for them.

“Eh?” Hanna’s expression is priceless. “Another cake?”

Tao and Suho smiled at her and give another different color of roses. “Thank you,”

“Welcome! I’m excited to eat this cake!” Tao said but Kris throws a glare at him and Tao behave immediately.

“There’s more,” Suho said and they went beside her.

The band plays louder than it sounds a while ago. Baekhyun and D.O went down off the platform as they sing and give Hanna red roses. Hanna replied a Thank you to them as they went back to the platform.

[How Good it'll be- Lunafly]
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWI5ZaZYuOo]

 

When I see a sky like today’s sky
When the wind blows like it does today
My heart that was pressed down keeps lifting its head
 
The whole world shakes me up
Even my friends stir things up
Saying that you and I
We look good together
 
I wanna fly away (I wanna be with you)
And I’m dreaming again (I wanna be with you)
I really didn’t expect anything
I just only liked you
But I keep getting my hopes up

 

After the chorus, Luhan and Chen came from the back of Hanna as Luhan sings, he give his white rose as well as Chen and went up to the platform.

Eating lunch with you
Finding a nice cafe with sunshine
Talking about this and that and laughing
Walking on the street with the sunset
Saying goodbye in front of your house
How nice would it be

My clumsy words
Are proof that I like you
Do I look nervous right now?
Then will you hold my hand?

After the song, all of them start eating happily. They pulled the round tables next to each other around the heart-shaped of rose so they can talk easily. After eating, a waiter came out of nowhere and they clean up immediately. Fourteen of them stand up and put the tables at their side including the table that was in front of the band.

“I want the birthday celebrant to sing!” Minji yelled so that others can hear her. They tilted their head to Minji then to Hanna with a smile that you can’t describe. Kai and Lay pulled Hanna to the platform and give her the microphone. “Go Hanna!” Minji cheered.

Hanna who is at the platform doesn’t know what to do. She went to the pianist and asks him for some help but he just shrugs. “Sing your favorite song!” Minji suggested.

Hanna walk in the middle and take a deep breath, “Yaah! Minji-ah, you’ll pay for this.” She said and Minji just put her tongue out. “I am going to apologize because I am not a singer like those four who sing here in the stage earlier…” her voice trailed off and put her head down. “Hope you like it guys.”

[One more step- Lunafly]
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGPcdwBXFUE]
 

Drinking tea with you, watching a movie with you
Oh! This doesn’t make sense
You put on makeup for me
You come out earlier and wait for me
Oh! This is really amazing

Your long hair that rustles in the wind
Makes my heart shake
Every day that I meet you is a festival

What if you disappear?
What if I can’t see you when I open my eyes?
Please comfort my soft heart woo

Take one more step to my world
Don’t try to take a step back
Say yeah yeah yeah yeah
Woah woah woah
Take one more step to my world
Oh one more step say yes sir
Say yeah yeah yeah yeah
Woah woah woah

I saw you looking over my way
Always same time same place every day
Going crazy in the burning sunshine
Now I know my lucky stars have aligned
Living it up in Tokyo, Miami, Rio
But always wandering if you can be with me oh
Don’t ever leave me disappointed
Baby what do you say
Come on over here this is the time to play

With the mocha coffee in my hands
My day is so sweet
Right now, every day is like a festival
When I can’t see you because of our own work
I wonder about you all day woo

Take one more step to my world
Don’t try to take a step back
Say yeah yeah yeah yeah
Woah woah woah
Take one more step to my world
Oh one more step say yes sir
Say yeah yeah yeah yeah
Woah woah woah

Will you come to me little by little?
I like it so much that you’re here
I will give you all of my everything
Take one more step, come to me

Take one more step to my world
Where everything’s a big blur
Say yeah yeah yeah yeah
Woah woah woah

Take one more step to my world
Oh one more step say yes sir
Say yeah yeah yeah yeah
Woah woah woah

Take one more step to my world
Only you are my everything
Say yeah yeah yeah yeah
Woah woah woah
Take one more step to my world
Oh one more step say yes sir
Say yeah yeah yeah yeah
Woah woah woah

Minji clapped first followed by the twelve guys surrounding her. She is always amazed by the way how Hanna sings. Unlike her, she’s not born to be a singer but a dancer. Hanna smirked at Minji and put her microphone in front of . “Can I have a request for my birthday?”

All of them nod easily and Hanna giggled in the stage. “I would like Minji to sing a song for me.”

Minji’s eyes widened as saucers. “Bwoh?” was all she said. It’s like a bucket of ice splash on her face. “Like seriously? You don’t like to rain on your birthday right?”

“I don’t care if it will rain as long as I want to you sing. Haven’t heard you sing, oh wait I heard you ONCE.” Hanna said as she went down. “When you thought I am sleeping in my bed. You were singing a cute song during that time,” Hanna pulled Minji back to the platform. Minji was pulled by Hanna effortless and hand her the other microphone.

“Are you insane?” Minji whispered.

Hanna smiled at her as Hanna whispered something to the pianist. The pianist hit the first notes of the songs and Hanna smiled at her as she put the microphone in front of . “That’s the song I heard before,”

[My bestfriend-SNSD]
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUYAEtUxP6M]

Minji scratch her head. She didn’t even remember singing that song in her house. I guess Hanna is playing a joke on this but how on earth did she know that I am singing that song? She thought. She gives Hanna a dagger look as if looks can really kill well Hanna is not scared because she’ll not die with it obviously.

The boys clap their hands in tune of the music to cheer up Minji. This is the first and last thing that I will be doing EVER; she thought lastly and starts singing.

Even though we argued a little yesterday
Today, we laugh and hug, embrace each other
Alright. Let’s make a promise
You are my best friend

I hope I’m singing well. Minji tilted her head to Hanna who walk toward her and sing with her as if they have been practicing this song ever since.

Even if your worry may seem trivial
Don’t hold it in
But share it with each other. Promise me one more time

When you laugh, I’m happy too
When you’re sad, my eyes tear up.

 

Together they sing the chorus. Minji don’t know if she is singing it right─hoping that she is.

There is only one of you in this world my friend
You’re my joy and my soul
I’ll continue to treasure our importance
I swear to God
I love you my friend

As they are in the middle of the song, Minji didn’t feel nervous and sing with Hanna as if they have been doing it always. Hanna sings the high parts and Minji sing the other lines of the song. It’s a happy song that describes friendship-crazy friendship.

We make pretty nicknames for each other and play around
Sometimes, we share our cool clothes
You’re number one in my speed dial.
You’ll always be my best friend
Forever you’re my friend
You’re my only one, my friend
Forever you’re my friend
You’re my only one, my friend

And the song finish too fast that Minji thought it would take like forever. They enjoyed singing together in stage─for the first in history, usually Minji will sing as if she’s reciting poems but today, she didn’t even do it. She did well, and Hanna didn’t expect it.

Minji bowed and pulled Hanna down as she saw some people from the park gathered ten feet from the venue. “This is so embarrassing!” Minji hissed.

“What’s embarrassing there? You did great! We should sing always!” Hanna said happily. Minji rolled her eyes as the boys gather them in the center. “Hey! That song is nice. You did great.” Kai complimented

“Bwoh?” Minji sounds surprised by Kai’s question.

“Thank you Kai.” Hanna said.

“Time for the gifts!” Chanyeol said happily as he did some Oppa gangnam style steps with Baekhyun. “And the firework is about in ten minutes!”

The boys lined in front of Hanna and one by one they give their gifts and told her to open it once she gets home. They don’t like to see her priceless expression which made everyone laugh. Sehun who give his gift last didn’t say any speech just a simple, ‘happy birthday!’

“Yah!” Chanyeol yelled at the maknae who is standing in front of Hanna. “That’s the only thing you will say to her? Are you not going to make a birthday message of at least three sentences long?”

“Channie,” Hanna said. “It’s fine at least he greeted me than not saying anything.”

“No, Uhm, sorry Hanna-sshi.” Sehun said. Chanyeol put his pinkie finger as he count silently. “Happy birthday once again, I hope you like our birthday surprise for you. I know its rush so sorry if this is the only thing we have done. Don’t worry we’ll make your next birthday better than this. And also, I hope you like our gifts for you.”

“Ha!” Chanyeol said loudly. “That’s the longest birthday message I ever heard from you Sehun! Six sentences! Yah! I want on my birthday to be ten sentences long that will make me cry.”

Everyone laugh at Chanyeol even Sehun. Fireworks sprang into life and everyone turn their heads up with their great smiles on their face.

It is the best birthday I ever had. I don’t know what is waiting at home for my birthday but this day is the biggest event I ever had. I didn’t expect that this guys whom I just met and talk with them for a day spend their time with me, well except from Minji, Chanyeol and Kris. Hanna said in her mind as the fireworks continue to shower. Hanna looked at her companions. Her eyes caught something, Xiumin? She asked herself and looked at Minji who is standing beside Xiumin. What’s with them eh?

 

 

--------------------------

Mian guys if this so looonngggggggggggggg.
The party seem to all singing and singin thingy and didn't focus in the gifts too.
Don't worry guys, I will reveal the gifts. BITS BY BITS.

Hohoho. That is my wonderful plan.

Enough of this notes maybe I reveal my beautiful secret wahaha.
*bows*

 

P.S THANK YOU FOR SUBSRIBING and lovely comments. I AM SO HAPPY and when I read Erissa456 

It made my day better. 

Another P.S I saw my grade for my first sem. HOOORAAYY! I GET GOOD GRADES! Let's party!