chapter forty-two

First Kiss

They're home a day earlier then they planned, and they're a ing mess when they get to Byunghun's apartment. Jonghyun, Changhyun,  Suji, and someone who's probably Kibum all seem to be standing there beside a man who's obviously Byunghun's dad.
Byunghun and Chanhee give the teenagers a strange look and they all bow their heads lower.


"I told you guys to take care of my apartment, not bring a ing party, you idiots." Byunghun snaps at them.
"See, we had it all planned, us for the days, you know? But yesterday, while we were checking up on things, Changhyun apparently forgot hi- um.. something... and so today we came back, but apparently, Suji and Kibum  all got confused and showed up on the same day, and then apparently, someone notified someone about how your failing school, so your very angry father showed up, stole my phone and called you. Kibum cracked and told him where you are. Sorry, bro." Jonghyun explains, rubbing the back of his neck.
Byunghun narrows his eyes at the youngest boys and then widens his eyes and makes a disgusted face, "Oh! You did not! I am SO beating you!" He steps forward, raising a fist. Jonghyun and Changhyun step back, hands up in surrender.
"W-We didn't do anything!"  Changhyun attempts to save him and Jonghyun, but knows he failed.
Byunghun clicks his tongue, "Sure, sure. I'm kicking your asses when I can."


He turns his glare to Kibum then, "Who are you? Are you the boy with my little Suji? You're first impression is being a jerk, you know? I won't show mercy in kicking your either."
Suji glares at Byunghun, "Oh please, Kibum didn't mean to, anyone would be scared meeting your dad like that."
"Appa's not scary!" Byunghun frowns, and Chanhee resists the urge to pinch his cheeks and kiss his nose.
Suji sticks out her tongue and puts a finger under her eye, "Bleh!"
"Aish, you-" Byunghun steps forward again, looking ready to fight when Suji scrambles behind Kibum and giggles and Byunghun's father coughs.


Byunghun looks back to his father, "Yes, appa?"
"Are you going to introduce me to the boy who has a hickey the size of an island on his neck? Because I have this strange feeling that hickey has something to do with the identical one on your neck."
Both Byunghun and Chanhee blush, look at each, wrap a hand around their hickeys and look down at the ground.


"Man, I'm so good at planning! Should thank me for getting you and Chanhee back, and! Helping you pick and pay for the ring!" Jonghyun boasts from the sidelines.
Chanhee's fingers immediately go to his chest, wrapping around the ring and key happily. He had forgotten he was wearing it, already becoming somewhat like a part of him.
Byunghun, however, glares at Jonghyun again, "Don't think I still won't kick your . You had with Changhyun in my apartment!"
"We didn't have , per say..." Jonghyun mumbles.
Byunghun stares at him, "I can see the proof, you idiot!"


"Byunghun." His father interrupts again.
Byunghun bows his head, "Sorry, appa." He turns to Chanhee, smiling at the older boy and grabbing his hand, intertwining their fingers and pulling him forward, "This is Lee Chanhee. He's my boyfriend, and I love him."
His dad leans forward, face close to Chanhee's, making Chanhee shy away. Byunghun watches his dad narrow his eyes with an eyebrow raised, "Appa...?"
His dad pokes Chanhee's forehead, and Chanhee stumbles a bit in surprise, blinking fast, "W-What?" He mutters, confused.
Byunghun gives his dad a look, "Appa!"
His father grins at him, "So, this is the girl you used to watch from the window all the time, right? Should've known it was a boy." His dad says, rubbing Byunghun's hair.
Byunghun whines again, fixing his hair, "Don't mess with the hair, dad!"
His dad chuckles, about to say something when someone from the stairs behind them mumbles an, "Ah!"


They all turn to see Minsoo standing there, confused.
"Minsoo," Byunghun groans, "You deal with him!" He points to his dad, shaking his head.
"Minsoo!" His dad shouts gruffly, going up to Minsoo, taking his cap and rubbing his hair, "How have you been?"
"Been good, appa. Did Byunghun introduce you to his princess? And speaking of his princess, why are all of you even here?"
Jonghyun explains again and Minsoo laughs and laughs, "And you're having a conversation like this in the middle of the hallway?"


The realization dawns upon them all and Chanhee rushes to open the door with his key, and jumps in happiness when it works. Byunghun resists the urge to kiss his face over and over and opts for holding his hand whispering how adorable he is before dragging him inside, "Home sweet home," He mumbles, gesturing for the rest of them to come in.


They sit around Byunghun's bed and Minsoo breaks the silence with, "So, did Byeongari introduce you to his perfect princess?"
Byunghun hits Minsoo's arm, "Yeah I did, Min-Min."
Minsoo hits Byunghun back, causing Byunghun to shout in pain and rub his arm, "Don't call me Min-Min!" He turns to Byunghun's dad, "Does appa approve of Chanhee?"
Heads turn to Byunghun's dad and Chanhee's grip on Byunghyun's hand tightens painfully, making Byunghun wince.
His father purses his lips and taps his chin, "Possibly." Byunghun opens his mouth to say something about how wonderful Chanhee is but his father cuts him off with a laugh, "Of course I approve of him. Just because your both boys doesn't mean I'm going to kick you out of the family. Sure, I'm not completely comfortable with it and I don't understand, but I'm not heartless, Byunghun. You should know that. Anyway, how could I not approve? With hickeys like those, I can kind of tell you've given your first time to him. I guess he's pretty special, huh?"


Byunghun and Chanhee let out a deep breath, laughing softly to themselves.
"By the way, Byunghun," Minsoo starts, "The school called my mom about how you were possibly not going to graduate. She called your dad, which is why he's here."
Byunghun glares at his best friend, "Cruel, cruel person."
His father nods, "That's right! What's this I hear about missing too much school?"
Byunghun smiles sweetly as his dad, trying to pull aegyo, "It'll be okay, appa~! I have it all under control. Just go back home and I-"
His dad cuts him off by pressing his hand to his mouth before he could finish his sentence, narrowing his eyes at his son, "I don't trust you. I find out you're missing school, and then I found out you're gone and letting younger kids watch your apartment that I'm helping you keep while you run off around Seoul."
"I wouldn't trust him either," Chanhee mumbles. Jonghyun, Changhyun, Suji and Kibum all nod in agreement.
Byunghun pulls his father's hand away and looks at his boyfriend, "Princess, why wouldn't you trust me?"
Chanhee puts a finger to his bottom lip and looks up, "Well, you at getting up. You're really idiotic tired, no, you're just really idiotic period. Remember how we were apart just a few days ago? That too. You're too sensitive. Really, you're just a giant idiot." Chanhee says mercilessly, not caring about how he's verbally stabbing Byunghun in the chest.
He turns to shrug at his boyfriend, "Sorry, yeobo. It's the truth though."


His father nods in approval and pats Chanhee's shoulder, "You're good, kid. You're safe."
Chanhee's confused, but he's figures he should try to stay safe.
Byunghun's dad turns to his son and frowns, "Well, it's official. I'm going to have to call you everyday and check up on you, and we'll have to get you a tutor. I really hate dealing with your school people, Byunghun."
"Sorry." Byunghun says, barely apologetic. His father ruffles his hair in spite, then stands and dusts off his pants. He turns to Byunghun and Chanhee and sighs, giving Byunghun a quick hug and Chanhee another pat on the shoulder.


"Don't up, Byunghun," He says in English, "I can tell you really love him."
Byunghun grins at his dad, "Yeah, I do. Thanks dad, I love you." He replies in the same language and his father smiles warmly before turning. He steals Minsoo's hat again and rubs his hair before turning to Suji and telling her she's "grown up so beautiful," and turning to Kibum and giving a menacing glare that probably tells him everything he needs to know.  
At the door he yells, "Don't think I'm kidding, I'll find ways to check up on you everyday, you idiot."


Byunghun groans in Chanhee's shoulder when hears the door close,  Minsoo laughs and mumbles, "I love your dad so much, Byeongari," and four teenagers let out a breath collectively.
"So that's my dad."

-

i think this is the only long chapter i've ever written in this story...
oops
so
this and this happened and i really just abuse my writing tag, really if you're ever confused on what the i'm doing with my story i have the answer right here

next chapter will probably be n.a.p hello

OH! and you guys, i have to deal with horrible fathers in real life, i cannot write about them. you pessimistic bastards.

love you. <33333