chapter one

First Kiss

It was supposed to be a day like every other day. On his way to lunch, someone ran into Chanhee, mumbled a sorry without looking back, and Chanhee pretended it didn't hurt and continued walking like usual. At lunch, Changhyun came up behind him and started talking a mile a minute and Chanhee listened and nodded, like usual. At the table, Niel started talking a mile a minute about a new student.


The talking part was normal, but a new student was rare.


"Wait, wait, Niel, stop talking for a bit. New student? What are you talking about, we never get new students?"
Niel stopped talking and with a small pout his said, "Hyung, are you actually listening to me? Today's his first day. He looks pretty weird, though. He's got purple hair. Can you believe that? Purple! Who dyes their hair purple? Crazy people, that's who. And he only hangs out with Bang Minsoo, you know? That tall, scary dude that's in our study hall? Totally weird. And he doesn't even talk that much, but all these girls are fawning over him. He came from America, so all he says to them is English stuff. I don't think I've heard him say a full sentence in Korean to a girl yet, though he's always whispering, or laughing, with Minsoo. He's really strange. He gives off this cold aura, too. Like he just doesn't give a about anything. Like he knows he's gonna get you without even trying. Like the stupid kings in movies."
"Excuse me, but was that just an entire paragraph about me in less than a minute?" An unfamiliar voice speaks from behind Niel.
The three boys sitting at the table look up, and Chanhee sees a boy with purple hair and an amused expression.
Niel looks like he's going scream before Minsoo appeared from behind Byunghun, "Ah, Daniel. Byunghun, what are you doing over here? These kids aren't anything special."
Suddenly, Niel's expression went from frightened to angry, "Excuse you, Bang Minsoo, but.. I hate you, why are you over here yourself? You're nothing special."
Minsoo smirked at him, "Feisty, aren't you?"
Niel rolled his eyes, "Disgusting, aren't you?"


A chuckle distracted those two from their bickering, "I'm here because I heard this fellow," He pointed to Niel, "Talking rather loudly about a new weird looking student with purple hair. I was interested, so I decided to stick around to hear an entire paragraph about me in less than a minute."
"Learn anything new, Byeongari?"
Byunghun, Chanhee supposes, glares at the name but answers anyway, "Yes, I'm crazy because of my purple hair,"
"And he doesn't even know the other colors."
"Minnie, shut up. Oh, I also learned you're some tall, scary dude. I don't talk much and girls are fawning over me. I'm cold and I don't give a about anything and I'm going to get someone without trying. I'm apparently like those stupid kings in movies."
Minsoo laughed and was going to say something else, before Niel cut him off.


"Can't you two go? Aren't we "nothing special"? We don't really want you around."
Minsoo turned his attention to Niel, "Ah, but you will Daniel." And with a creepy wink, he turned to walk away with Byunghun. That's when Byunghun noticed Chanhee.


He moved closer to him, squinting at the boy, "You look familiar. Did I know you before I moved?"
Chanhee thinks back, he would remember a boy like this in his childhood. In the back of his mind, the face of the boy who stole his first kiss popped up, but he immediately shook the thought. The boy before him was too cocky to be the boy from back then.
"No," Chanhee spoke, "I don't think we know each other."