chapter twenty-two

First Kiss

Byunghun laid on his bed, staring at his ceiling, trying to think of anything but Chanhee. Trying to pull his happiest memories out of the corner of his mind.


He was twelve when he had his first love. He didn't know her name, or how old she was, but he knew she went to the park just across the street from his house and sat on the same swing and looked like she lost herself in it. She was strange, could almost pass for a boy if it wasn't for how feminine her face was.


Byunghun would watch her swing, watch her close her and lean back as she kicked her legs out. He always thought she looked so beautiful, like she could fly.


One day, his mother caught him looking and said, "You know, you should introduce yourself. Do something you think she'll never forget. We have a week before we leave Korea, why don't you step up?" She spoke in a soft tone, ruffling his hair as she walked away, leaving Byunghun pouting as he looked back at the girl.


It was the day before he left that he decided to take the chance. He marched up to the park, prepared to talk to the girl. But as he stood behind her and finally saw her fly in person, his ability to talk just slipped right out from underneath him. When she opened her eyes, stopped her swing and turned to him, that melodic voice asking, "Who are you?"


Byunghun still couldn't talk, just stared. Come on, Byunghun! He thought, shaking his head and smiling. He walked forward on shaking legs, "My name is Lee Byunghun." He grabbed the girl's swing chains, "And I'm going to be your first kiss." Stupid, Byunghun! What if she's had her first kiss? Stupid Byunghun! He scolded himself. In that moment, she opened to reply, but Byunghun closed his eyes and placed his lips on the girls.


It was weird, and Byunghun himself had no idea what to do, but he could've sworn this was as close to flying as he'll ever get. He was kissing an angel, he knew.


Byunghun jolted awake, sitting up so fast he had to grab his head, "N-no. No, no, no, no."


Lee Chanhee was his angel.


"!" He shouted, hitting whatever he could, ", , !"
He wasn't sure if he wanted to run away or run to Chanhee.  He's not sure if he's going to puke or scream. Not sure if he's going to laugh or cry.


He wasn't going to sleep, he knew that for sure. Another week of coffee, junk food, and rarely exiting the house.


-


It's been three days.  


Chanhee hasn't broken up with Moonchul, hasn't came back to reality.
Byunghun hasn't broken up with Suji, hasn't slept, hasn't admitted to the fact he still exists.


Niel's pissed.

-

so i was originally not going to post today, but it's two years with teen top today!
i made a
post about it on my kpop blog..
i was about to cry.

i'm too manly for crying over teenage boys in korea, goddammit teen top. can't you see i'm batman?

but anyway, so yeah, i've like, forever got tears in my eyes. i'm so proud of them. god, i'm sorry. okay. uhh.. i might even double update, idk. so you can have some fluff on a happy day.

i'm sorry if this doesn't reach your expectations of realizing the first kiss thing. i tried.