chapter twenty

First Kiss

"We're brilliant." Minsoo mused with an impressed expression.
"'We're'? Just who came up with this plan? Don't you mean me?" Niel snapped, glaring at the taller boy.
Minsoo in reply just smirked, wrapping his arm around Niel's waist, "Come on, sweetie. Stop being so uptight."
Niel hit the older boy, "Get your filthy hands off of me, jerk. We have a plan to set in motion." He pushed himself away from Minsoo and walked forward.
Minsoo smirked, but followed.


Step one: talk to said best friend.


"Moonchul, could you let go of Chanhee for one second and let me, his best ing friend, talk to him?"  Niel snapped at the overly clingy boy, trying to shove his tongue down Chanhee's throat.
Moonchul glared but let go of Chanhee, who stood up and followed Niel to a space far enough that Moonchul couldn't hear.


"You need to come to the park. Tonight, at six. Try not to look dead, will you?" Niel asked, sighing towards the end.
Chanhee just nodded.
"I love you, Channie, you know that, right?" Niel said, poking his friends side.
Chanhee's lips twitched up in a smile, and Niel grinned brightly.


That was enough for right now. Niel thought, still smiling as he let Chanhee go back to Moonchul.


-


Minsoo forcefully knocked on Byunghun's door, not giving in until a very annoyed looking Byunghun opened the door with a glare.
Minsoo smirked, "Aren't you just a terrifying little shortie?"
Byunhun glared at the taller boy, "Why the are you here?"
"No need to be so fiesty, Byeongari~!" Minsoo sang, poking Byunghun's shoulder. Byunghun continued to glare, crossing his arms.


Step one: completed.
Step two: trick them.


"Park. Tonight. Six. I'll come get you. If you look dead, I'l punch you." Minsoo said, grinning as he walked away.


-


Step two: completed.
Step three: get them in the same place.


This step is easier said than done. ","  Niel mumbled, dragging Chanhee behind him.
"You know, hyung? This is like dragging dead weight! Can't you like, work with me?"
"Sorry, Daniel."
Niel's eye twitched.


-


"Byunghun! Get the up!" Minsoo shouted, standing over his best friend's bed.
Byunghun rolled over, staring at Minsoo, "How the did you get in here?"
"Found your spare key, face. Now get up!" He said, smacking Byunghun's stomach.
Byunghun groaned, "Get out of my house."
"I will ing carry you."


-


Step three: completed.
Step four: run away when they're together.


Niel sat lazily on the swing beside Chanhee, waiting for a glimpse of Byunghun and Minsoo.
When Byunghun's obnoxious hair came into view, Niel jumped off the swing, ran towards them, grabbed Minsoo's arm and screamed, "We'll check back in an hour!"


Chanhee didn't move.


The moment Byunghun noticed Chanhee, his breath caught and he felt like running the opposite way. He stood, frozen, watching the older boy lazily kick his feet on the swing. Byunghun sighed, looked down and walked to the swing beside the other.


"Chanhee hyung." His voice came out as a hoarse, throaty whisper. He didn't know why, but his throat was just closed up, dry.
Chanhee blinked at him, "Byunghun?"
"Uh.. hey." Byunghun mumbled, nodding softly.


Silence.


Byunghun cleared his throat, "You know, I had my first kiss here."
"Oh yeah," Chanhee drawled, sarcasm coating every syllable, "Tell me all about it."
"No need to be a brat, hyung."
"Oh, excuse me."
"What's your problem?"


Chanhee stood up so fast the swing shook, he turned to Byunghun, pointing his finger, "What's MY problem? YOU'RE my ing problem. You've been hell to me since the day you came here!"
Byunghun blinked up at him.
"I mean, we hated each other! Then we started that truce, and I learned more things about you, and you just got cuter to me, and then you tried to kiss me, and I've had all these conflicting feelings for weeks and I hate you so ing much, but I can't stand not having you! It's not fair that it's just me who feels like this! It's not fair and I hate it! I hate you, Lee Byunghun!" Chanhee screamed, turning on his heel and running.


Byunghun stayed there until Minsoo and Niel checked back in, hair and clothes messy. Byunghun couldn't even laugh. He just stared at the ground, too in shock.


"You two are just so ing stupid." Niel mumbled, shaking his head. Minsoo rolled his eyes in reply.

-

i know, this chapter is kind of.. run together and bad, but i needed to move it on. i promise the next one won't be so ... meh.
i was not going to double update today, but i can't stop typing, and it dawned upon me i don't know which one should realize they were each other's first kiss. because, you know, that is the point of the story.

so which one do you want to realize first? byunghun or chanhee? i'll love you forever if you leave me a comment~!
and i guess i'll give you fair warning: the next chapter? not chunjoe. sorry, but i do write the other couples too.