The Truth

Last Dance

Yuri woke up early, in spite of the headache, she started preparing to drive Jessica to the airport and say goodbye to the one she love. Yuri feels very sad, but she has to put a face so as not to worry Jessica. She received a phone call from her brother, Michael.

 

Michael: "Yul, I am in the airport. I am staying in New York for a few months. I got a teaching job."

Yuri: "Wait, you are in the airport? What time is your flight? Why did you not tell me earlier?"

Michael: "I know that you are busy. I'll be seeing you, Mom and Dad during school breaks. So you will not really miss me that much."

Yuri: "You are always like that. I thought you are not leaving again."

Michael: "This job is temporary. I just need to do this a favor from a friend. I'm going back soon"

Yuri: "Alright. Please take care oppa. Come back soon okay. I love you."

Michael: "This is for you. Trust me. One day you will say thank you to me. I love you too."

 

Yuri looked at the clock and has half an hour to pick Jessica and drive her to the airport. Their friends are all present to send Jessica off. Taeyeon and Tiffany, Sooyoung and Sunny, Yoona and Seohyun and Hyoyeon who is also sending Nicole off.

 

Nicole: "Baby, please take care of yourself ok. We'll see each other in the next three months. Please look after Yuri as well and keep her behave."

Hyoyeon: "Three months, I'll wait here. Don't worry about Yuri, whether I look after her or not she will definitely behave. Take care of yourself as well. I love you."

Nicole: "I love you and will miss you of course."

Nicole (speaking to everyone): "Make sure my baby behaves, you'll answer to me if she does something bad."

Everyone (in chorus): "Will tie her to a post and make her stay in one place!"

Yuri: "Sica, I love you. Call me when you arrive New York."

Jessica: "Will do. You better behave as well. I swear you will regret the power of ice princess when you are naughty."

Yuri: "Yay! Of course not, I am always good :)

Tiffany: "Jessie, I hope everything will be okay once you start going to the university. I am so excited for you! When I visit Dad, I will go to New York and meet you and Nicole. I'll let you know when I am in LA."

Jessica: "That's going to be fun and Tiff, can you and Taeyeon look after Yuri-ah?"

Tiffany: "Even without asking. Don't think much about Yuri. Study hard and finish your school on time so you can go back."

Jessica (to Taeyeon): "It's sad to leave your best friend, but I hope you understand that I need to do this for my parents and our company. I can't waste any time, you know how our company is. Please let Yuri-ah know that I will come back as soon as I can. I love your best friend. Thank you!"

Taeyeon: "I believe in you Jessie. Yuri is strong and she will definitely wait for you. Study hard and take care."

Jessica (to Sooyoung and Sunny): "Guys, please take care of each other okay. Sooyoung, if you ever hurt Sunny, I will look for you and will answer! Sunny, I will miss you, don't work too hard and become sick ok. I love you guys!"

Sooyoung and Sunny: "Will be waiting for when you get back and take care!"

Jessica (to Yoona and Seohyun): "Yoona, don't stop making our Seobaby happy and please look after Yuri-ah unnie for me ok? Seohyun, study hard and I will get you to work on my company. You promise that you will help me right? I love you maknaes."

Yoona: "I'll do whatever you want Jessica unnie, to make you happy too. I will look after Yuri unnie. I love you too."

Seohyun: "I will keep my promise. I love you to Jessica unnie. I think I will cry for a few days without you, but I will survive."

 

Jessica kissed and hugged her friends. Jessica looked lovingly at Yuri and held her hand for the last time.

 

Jessica: "Yuri-ah, no words amount to what I feel now. Let's be strong for each other ok. I love you, only you."

Yuri: "I will support you in every way I can. I will be strong. I love you more."

Jessica: "See you soon!"

Yuri: "Yes! See you."

 

Yuri kissed Jessica longer. Nicole embraced Hyoyeon tightly. Then both girls walked to the immigration and the remaining eight girls walked slowly outside the airport, each holding hands. Hold hands as a symbol of promise that no matter what life brings them, they will keep the chain together. Nicole and Jessica are also holding hands, somehow in spirit ten girls are all holding each other’s hand.

 

Taecyeon is also on the same flight as Jessica and Nicole,. Nicole collided with Taecyeon, said sorry and never looked at the man's face. Michael is already seating and reading the letter Sarah left her, while holding a picture of young girl. The girl in the picture is around nine year old, a very beautiful girl with a glowing eyes, blonde hair, perfect white teeth and a genuine smile. At the bottom of the picture, written on bold letters - J E S S I C A    J U N G.

 

***** NEW YORK, NEW YORK CITY *****

 

Jessica and Nicole arrived at the apartment their Uncle rented for them; the place is near New York School of Business. It will be easy for both girls to go back and forth school and home. Jessica and Nicole came from a rich family but both never really looked proud of their status. They don't even dress in expensive clothes. Simple yet beautiful and intelligent girls. They decided to stay on the bed until tomorrow. They need to rest to process their school papers. They are both going to open a new chapter in their lives.

 

Michael checked in at the Ritz Hotel, he was met by some of his friends way back in school, Taecyeon also checks in. Somehow, somewhere, sometime, the two men will meet.

 

***** SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA *****

 

Eight girls are silently eating dinner at Tish Restaurant, take are slowly digesting the fact that two of their closest friends are thousand miles away from them. Two seats are empty and silence made way for their aching heart. But hope is within each other’s heart. Soon they will be forever complete.

 

At the Kwon's residence, ringing of the phone can be heard.

 

Mr Kwon: "Hello?"

Michael: "Dad, it's me."

Mr Kwon: "Are you in New York now?"

Michael: "Yes Dad."

Mr Kwon: "How is the meeting?"

Michael: "It's confirmed Dad. Jessica Jung is Sarah's half sister. My friend working on the FBI confirmed it today. I just don't understand why Mr Jung never introduced Sarah to her younger sister."

Mr Kwon: "We will never know the answer son. But you have to do what you got to do. It is Sarah's last request. You have to do it, so she can peacefully rest with our Creator."

Michael: "I am determined to do that Dad, especially now that Jessica is the most important person in Yul's life."

Mr Kwon: " I am proud of you son. Take care and keep us updated."

Michael: "Will do Dad. Hugs for Mom and Kisses for Yul. I'll call you again."

 

Michael is now sure that Jessica Jung is Sarah's half sister. He wanted to tell Jessica. He promised Sarah that once he found Jessica, he will take care of her like a real sister. Sarah may have read the future that Jessica will need someone to call a family. Sarah had always love her younger sister, though she was not given the time to meet her in person. Sarah made Michael swear on her grave that he will travel the globe to look for Jessica and will love her as a sister. Now that Jessica is within reach, Michael will protect her from any pain. Michael feels a special bond with Jessica through Yuri. When, where and how will he reveal the truth to Jessica - Michael can only guess.. Soon.