Ending A Beginning

Last Dance

The next day, Nicole and Jessica went to school in spite of what happened the other night. Jessica is determined to finish their school project, she wants to go back to New York immediately and continue studying. Jessica wants to forget about Yuri, about marrying Taecyeon to save their business and Jung Enterprise.

 

Jessica planned of not returning to South Korea, but she thought about her promise to her parents about Jung Enterprise. Jessica is torn between her own happiness and her parent's, adding the pain that she feels for Yuri.

 

Back at the hospital, Michael discharged Yuri to fully rest at home. He drove Yuri and their parent’s home. Everyone is quiet on the car, Yuri started crying for Jessica. She feels mad at Victoria, but why didn't she resist the kiss? Was it because she missed that kiss? She missed Victoria and her love? No, she is committed with Jessica. Jessica is the love of her life; she was the person that brought her back to sanity. Jessica means a lot to her. But why did she hurt Jessica? Yuri has to talk to Jessica; she wants to fix everything before Jessica gets back to New York. They should be fine before they separate. But how will Yuri talk to Jessica? Yuri will find a way..

 

Michael interrupted Yuri's thoughts by asking her to get out of the car, they are already home. Yuri excuse herself and went straight to her room. She wants to take her mind off and just go to sleep. However, Yuri can't sleep so she decided to call Jessica. No, she wants to go to Jessica and talk to her.

 

She went outside the room by her window; she doesn't want to worry her parents and Michael. She didn't know they knew of her plan, they saw Yuri jumped from the window though they didn't stop her. They want Yuri to fix everything between her and Jessica. They hope that all will end well.

 

***** SEOUL UNIVERSITY *****

 

Nicole and Jessica spent all morning at the library to complete their project, they expect to get a call from Professor Kwon any time and they want to make sure that they have something to report. Jessica's phone vibrated and when she looked at the screen, it is Yuri calling her.

 

Nicole: "Are you not going to answer the call?"

Jessica: "I have nothing to tell her."

Nicole: "You should give Yuri a chance to explain Jess; she may clear everything to you."

Jessica: "Victoria kissing her is fine, but not pulling away from the kiss is something else!"

Nicole: "Come on Jess."

Jessica: "Let's finish the project okay."

Nicole: "Jess..."

Jessica: "Stop okay."

 

Yuri knew that Jessica will not answer, but she was still hoping. She doesn't know where to find Jessica; she dialed Hyoyeon's number thinking that she may know where Nicole and Jessica are.

 

Hyoyeon: "Yuri! How are you? Are you still in the hospital?"

Yuri: "I am already discharged, I am outside the house. Hyo, do you know where I can find Nicole and Jessica?"

Hyoyeon: "They are at our school library all day, they have to finish their project."

Yuri: "Thanks friend. I owe you."

Hyoyeon: "Sure."

 

Yuri run to the school library to find Jessica, she wants to fix everything now and she is determined to make Jessica listen to her. She is almost out of breath and she felt like the world is spinning on her, she ignored the feeling and entered the school grounds to go to the library.

 

Yuri finally reached the library, taking a few seconds to wipe her sweat and get back her breath. She stepped the air-conditioned library and starts scanning Jessica or Nicole. She thought she saw the crown of her girlfriend; she approached the girl and knew she was right. She touched the girls' shoulder.

 

Jessica: "What's your problem, I am busy doing something!" - without looking at the person who touched her.

Nicole: "Uhmmm,, Jess you may want to look.."

 

 

Jessica turned around and saw Yuri, as soon as she saw Yuri she felt the madness she felt last night. She moved her shoulder away from Yuri's hand. She started fixing her things, stand but before she can walk Yuri held her wrist.

 

Yuri: "You are not going anywhere."

Jessica: "Who are you to say that?"

Yuri: "I am your girlfriend; I have the right to tell you to stop."

Jessica: "Really, you are my girlfriend? Then tell me why are you kissing someone else instead of your girlfriend?!"

Yuri: "Please. let me explain Sica."

Jessica: "Fine, you have 15 minutes to talk outside."

Nicole: "Jess, I'll go to the canteen to grab a bite."

Jessica: "No, Nix you stay. You and I will listen to her talk."

 

The three girls walked outside the library and Yuri doesn't know what she's going to say, not with Nicole listening to her. She let go of the embarrassment and just want to clear herself to Jessica.

 

Yuri: "I am really sorry for the scene you saw last night. Victoria kissed me and it is my fault not to pull away. I admit, a lot of things came through my mind while she was kissing me. Did I miss her? Did I want to kiss her back? What is she planning to me? Why did she announce your marriage to her cousin? Why is this happening to me? All those things came to my mind and that was the reason why I was stomped when she kissed me."

Jessica: "..."

Yuri: "It is not my intention to prolong the kiss, I was lost in thoughts and what I realized was the kiss never felt any better. Instead, the past became like a wave of water that hit me right through my heart. I was so mad at Victoria and I want to punch her, which was the time I saw you at the door."

Jessica: "..."

Yuri: "I ran after you but my brother stopped me, he said that you will need a lot of time at your current state and talking to you is not appropriate. That is why I waited until now to talk to you."

Jessica: "Is there anything else you want to say?"

Yuri: "I just don't want you to think that I still love Victoria, because that will be insane."

Jessica: "Nix, do you still want to grab a bite? Can you please give me and Yuri a few minutes and I will follow you at the canteen?"

Nicole: "Sure. Make sure that both you fix the problem now ok."

Jessica: "Thanks Nix!"

 

When Nicole left Yuri and Jessica, the blonde girl walked to a bench and sit. She looked at Yuri and motions her to sit beside her.

 

Jessica: "This is what happens when we are so much away from each other. It's hard to control feelings and stop hurting each other."

Yuri: "What are you saying?"

Jessica: "I was surprised to hear that Victoria knew I am marrying her cousin, when none of my family told me about it. It hurts so much!"

Yuri "Do you think, I'll let that happen even if it means going against your family?"

Jessica: "I will not let that happen myself. I made a lot of thinking last night and I came up with a decision that will surely hurt my parents. I decided not to go back here. Once I graduate, I will work in the US and hopefully start my own business."

Yuri: "You made a decision by yourself? Is that it?"

Jessica: "Yuri-ah! I know that you are pressured a lot, with me coming home and adjusting your schedules because your girlfriend is here. I don't want to be in your way, I swear."

Yuri: "Let me guess, you're going to say 'let's end this'."

Jessica: "Yuri-ah, listen to me first..."

Yuri: "No, it's fine Sica. Let's end this relationship. You're right, this is getting on us. You go back to New York and just take care of yourself. I'll go ahead; Nix is waiting for you at the canteen."

 

Yuri left Jessica dumbfounded; Jessica never wanted to end the relationship. Yuri didn't gave her the chance to finish..

 

Jessica: "Seobang, I just want to ask you to with me in the US after you finished your studies."

 

Jessica started to cry after she's sure that Yuri is out of her sight. She never want to lose Yuri, but it was Yuri who ended the relationship herself..