In Sickness and With Friends

Last Dance

After changing to dry clothes, Jessica went to her cousin's room. She peaked and saw her cousin arranging some books on her table.

 

Jessica: "Hi cousin!"

Nicole: "You're home. How are your classes?"

Jessica: "It was alright. I have two book reports to finish, so I will be busy tonight."

Nicole: "You look flush, did something happen?"

 

Jessica told her cousin Taecyeon came to their school and asked her to have lunch.

 

Nicole: "What is he doing here? God, I swear that guy can't understand that you don't have feelings for him. Are you hurt?"

Jessica: "Almost, but Professor Watson appeared and save me for going with Taecyeon."

Nicole: "Good. But is Prof Watson stalking you?"

Jessica: "No, he reminded me of the remedial class I have to attend tomorrow. Remember I skipped it to be with Yuri-ah."

Nicole: "Oh okay, good thing he was there."

Jessica: "Right, when I saw Prof Watson I felt Yuri-ah was also there. Every time I see him, I feel like I am also seeing Yuri-ah."

Nicole: "Are you falling for him?"

Jessica: "No, of course not. It's different. I felt like in our past lives, we were brother and sister.

Nicole: "Well, you look very tired. Why don't you rest first before you start doing your book reports? I'll wake you up after I finish preparing dinner."

 

Jessica went back to her room and Nicole went to the kitchen to start cooking their dinner, after three hours Nicole went to Jessica's room to wake her up to eat dinner. Nicole touched a very warm Jessica. Jessica moaned at Nicole's touch and she was calling Yuri's name, Nicole knew that Jessica has a fever. Nicole went back to the kitchen and prepares lukewarm water and towel. She went back to Jessica and the blonde is still calling Yuri's name. Nicole almost wanted to call Yuri but decided not to, she doesn't want to worry the tan girl. She took care of the shivering girl until Jessica became still and sleeping calmly now. Nicole caressed Jessica's head, she feels sad for her cousin who is alone without her parents to take care of her. She promised herself that she will treat her cousin as her own sister and will always take care of her. She kissed the blonde on her forehead before going to her own room.

 

**** END OF FLASHBACK, NEW YORK *****

 

Yuri: "Nicole, are you still there?! How did Sica got sick?"

Nicole: "She got wet going home, she did not bring umbrella and it rained."

Yuri: "Tsk, is her fever still high?"

Nicole: "Relax, I am looking after her. I did not go to school to make sure that I can take care of her 24/7."

Yuri: "Thank you so much Nix!"

Nicole: "I will take care of her, do not worry ok. Getting sick is normal, Jess is not a superwoman."

Yuri: "Thanks again. I'll pass the phone around; our friends want to talk to you."

 

Nicole talked to all eight girls, she was very happy to hear their voices. The other girls, especially those that are much closed to Jessica were worried when they found out she's sick. Nicole assured them that she's looking after Jessica and not to worry too much. Nicole said goodbye to Yoona as she was the last girl to talk to her, Nicole has to bring Jessica's medicine on her room.

 

Yoona: "I hope Jessica unnie will be okay tomorrow."

Tiffany: "Don't worry; I'm sure Nix is taking good care of Jess."

Taeyeon: "Let's call it a day, let's all go home and rest."

Everybody: "Cheers"

 

At the same time, the door of the cafe opened and Victoria came in. She was suppose to go to the counter to order when she heard "cheers" and happy to see her old "friends". She approached the table and started to talk to the girls.

 

Victoria: "It's nice to see you again Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Yoona!"

Yoona: "Hi."

Sooyoung: "The is back!"

Taeyeon: "Nice to see you. But we have to go."

Victoria: "Are you not staying for a while to talk to your friend who just got back?"

Yuri: "We hate to stay because we have other things to do. Come on girls."

Victoria: "Yuri, if you are avoiding me please don't let our other friends avoid me too."

Yoona: "Yuri didn't tell us to avoid you; we were really going when you came."

Victoria: "My baby Yoona is all grown up, you look exactly like your Appa!"

Seohyun: "Why is she calling you baby?!"

Yoona: "I was their daughter before." - pointing to Yuri and Victoria.

Tiffany: "Before?"

Yoona: "Yes, because I found out that my real umma is Jessica unnie!"

Sooyoung: "Way to go Yoongie!"

Taeyeon: "Enough! Victoria, I don't think that we have something to talk about. So we are all going home and I am glad you are back."

 

With that, the girls went out of the cafe and separately proceed to their car. Yuri then remember that she has to know if what Victoria said about Jessica marrying someone and Jung's business going down are true, she waited for until her friends are all gone before going back to the cafe. Yuri saw Victoria ordering and approached her.

 

Yuri: "Can we talk?"

Victoria: "Anytime the time sweetheart, I knew you can't resist me."

Yuri: "Do you have a table?"

Victoria: "None yet."

Yuri: "Why don't you take your orders out and let’s go to another place."

Victoria: "Alright. Do you want anything or the usual?"

Yuri: "Whatever. I will wait for you outside."

 

Victoria smiled at herself; she knew that deep inside Yuri still have feelings for her. She is Yuri's first love and she always has a special place in Yuri's life. It was easy as she thought to get Yuri back, but she will make sure that Yuri falls in love with her again. She wants Yuri's heart and of course money. Not even Jessica Jung can stop her from getting Yuri back. She wants fame and fortune, with Yuri it's like hitting two birds with one stone.

 

Yuri saw Victoria; she opened the door for the latter and went on the other side. Yuri knew Victoria is thinking that she will take her to the hill, but Yuri thought of driving to another place. She drove home; she wants to bring Victoria at her room's veranda overlooking the city. Yuri's parents are in Japan and she doesn't need to explain why she's with Victoria. She parked the car and was greeted by their maids and Nana. Nana's eye widened when she saw who the girl with Yuri is, but she did not say anything even after Victoria kissed her on the cheek. Yuri rolled her eyes with the sight and walked inside the house. Victoria followed Yuri in her room.

 

Yuri: "You can place the food on the table at the veranda."

Victoria: "Whatever you say sweetheart."

 

Yuri and Victoria talked until the wee hours of the night, Yuri was able to get information regarding the status of Jung Enterprise. Victoria wanted to sleep with Yuri, but Yuri walked towards her car and drove Victoria's place. Yuri went back home and walked tiredly to her room. She slept without changing her clothes.. It was a long a night for everybody. Victoria prepares her plan to make Yuri fall in love with her. In New York, Taecyeon made his plan, if he can't get Jessica to marry her, he's fine with taking the blonde's ity..